Home

The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

This is a discussion on The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #65
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont believe thats what I'm doing though. The only things I've dismissed about the post are the things where we have facts to dispute it. Like the 2k connection (we have multiple people from 2k denying the connection). Or the NFL license (multiple people saying the license is still exclusive). The rest of the post could be the truth.

Thats all I was saying with the commentary post I made. It seems weird that Damon is talking about commentary this close to the RUMORED release date. That would make me think that either Cameron's involvement is going to be small or the game isnt scheduled to release this summer.
Oh ok. I didn't know if you were one of the people completely writing off the post at this point.

I think everything is weird at this point, lol. His response could be taken a number of ways. They could already have something in place and be discussing something further down the line, they could have nothing and be talking about exactly what people are thinking, it could be a small roll, anything is possible with this game at this point.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 08:48 PM   #66
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Im sure this has been aswered at some point, but what exactly has Damon Grow done before this in the video game world?
Old 03-30-2015, 08:50 PM   #67
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I dont understand what the angle is.
I'm starting to think the angle for Grow and Montana is to create a bunch of hype over almost nothing in the hopes of getting some investors with deep pockets interested. Montana has been all over the place trying to invest in this, that and everything else and Grow, in the past decade or so, has been "co-founder" of a handful of startups that seem to not even exist anymore. Nothing on his resume is remotely close to "I was involved with a team that released a AAA video game" and none of it had anything to do with football, nor any other sport.

They've manufactured hype out of thin air. A well-placed troll post sent it over the edge. Grow denies all the rumors we don't want to hear then dances around the ones we wish were true ("Are you working with EA on this game?" "No."
... "Are you working with 2K?" "That's not as certain ")... They've got people pledging to buy the game sight-unseen, myself included, and all we've seen is a blurry-*** screenshot of something that looks kinda like a football game. "All information comes through Joe." Lol nonsense. No info comes from anywhere because they probably don't have anything worth getting excited about. The only reason for this secrecy is to create hype they don't deserve.

If you can't announce devs/publishers/platforms then you probably don't even have a video game. When was the last time we had the title and a screenshot of a game before we knew any of that other stuff?

EDIT: https://twitter.com/DamonGrow/status/560928113861750785

Either they're working with 2K, in some capacity, on a football game or the dude is flat out misleading people for attention. I can't draw any other conclusions from that, and I lean toward the latter.

Last edited by jp7588; 03-30-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #68
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

..and once again 2k has nothing to do with this
Old 03-30-2015, 09:18 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 14

I think we will continue to see A little dribble here and there until E3 and then hopefully we get blown away. The way they have went about things are interesting but you all have to admit it's created some buzz.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #70
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
I think we will continue to see A little dribble here and there until E3 and then hopefully we get blown away. The way they have went about things are interesting but you all have to admit it's created some buzz.
I feel like a decent-looking video or a juicy publisher announcement or confirmation that this is an actual video game coming to platform x and y and z would generate an infinitely larger amount of buzz.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:28 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
It made some buzz yeah. But "the post" generated way more buzz than they ever did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #72
Rookie

footballismyhobby's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been absent from the forum for a couple of days since the JM16 talk died down and only now am stumbling across this thread. Has anything been confirmed/speculated upon/stumbled across? Basically are there any new leaks of evidence/info I have missed? A response would muchly be appreciated, and I am looking forward to a continued discussion on the thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »