Home

The Joe Montana Football Issue

This is a discussion on The Joe Montana Football Issue within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:35 PM   #33
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Joe Montana Football Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Millennium has a point. We're all debating something we know nothing about, and it was fun for a while but it just became a game of running in circles, and that's not on us, we just don't have much to go on.

If the JMF staff was planning to have its potential fanbase keep going on this merry-go-round for lord knows how long, then something is wrong over there.

I'm not saying I'm in favor of a blackout on it, I'm not, but at this point JMF staff isn't doing much to keep the lights on. I said before that I'd prefer they stepped away for a while until they actually had something more concrete to talk about and show and I still feel that way. I believe the game is real, but I also believe that a lot more may still be up-in-the-air with this game than we think.

I don't know why they're doing things the way they've chosen, but I've reached the point where I no longer care. I'm tapped out on this. It's one of the more strange things I've seen in a while with gaming. All of this cryptic and aloof stuff with JMF has just become a big waste of time that could be better spent keeping up on games where their developers aren't doing a bunch of mind-screwing and not telling you basic info.

I wish them luck.
I understand the point you are making. As of now whatever their marketing strategy is or may be it can be off putting to some. But the inverse of that is there are people that feed off of the mystery/questions surrounding the game ( questions about gameplay and such IF the game does in fact exist.) and it gets them hyped. The same way people get hyped about features they want to see in any other game( those features MAY be put in the game or not).

If you can discuss something intellectually and maturely related to sports/video games I think it should have a place here at OS.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd like to put in my 2 cents for what it's worth. I used to make tools that added career modes to many sports games before it was integrated into them. I've often recommended this site to many different sports gamers. I have been a part of the community for many years and when I see something like this that squashes people's creativity, it makes me very disappointed. This is a forum. A forum is a collection of people's ideas, rumors, impressions, etc. The rumors of this new game have really piqued my interest. It has obviously piqued the interest of many of your members. Banning people from posting about a game is not the way to run a forum. If this is how Operation Sports is now running their forum, then I for one don't want to be a part of it and I will suggest the same to many of my gaming friends in the community. Like I said, take it for what it's worth, but you are turning off many long time members by doing things like this.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #35
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

are there any sites or here where we can talk about the sega jm

if not its ok
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 10:52 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb68
I'd like to put in my 2 cents for what it's worth. I used to make tools that added career modes to many sports games before it was integrated into them. I've often recommended this site to many different sports gamers. I have been a part of the community for many years and when I see something like this that squashes people's creativity, it makes me very disappointed. This is a forum. A forum is a collection of people's ideas, rumors, impressions, etc. The rumors of this new game have really piqued my interest. It has obviously piqued the interest of many of your members. Banning people from posting about a game is not the way to run a forum. If this is how Operation Sports is now running their forum, then I for one don't want to be a part of it and I will suggest the same to many of my gaming friends in the community. Like I said, take it for what it's worth, but you are turning off many long time members by doing things like this.
Completely agree. The moderation I've seen done on the JMF16 posts is an absolute abomination. Several forum posters with blue names were freely speculating negatively about the game, but any positive speculation is immediately silenced.

I'm done with this forum, specifically it's administration and moderation team. I'm sure I'll be banned for this post, because that's all the moderators know how to do when questioned.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:53 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
are there any sites or here where we can talk about the sega jm

if not its ok
Hopefully you see this before they remove it:

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=77
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 PM   #38
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorBanned

thanks so much
Old 04-22-2015, 10:58 PM   #39
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Completely agree. The moderation I've seen done on the JMF16 posts is an absolute abomination. Several forum posters with blue names were freely speculating negatively about the game, but any positive speculation is immediately silenced.

I'm done with this forum, specifically it's administration and moderation team. I'm sure I'll be banned for this post, because that's all the moderators know how to do when questioned.
You are being banned. Attacking moderators (especially when I asked for this thread to be civil) is not tolerated here. That being said...

Quote:

Why would I take down your link? I don't mind people going other places to discuss the game. OS just isn't that place until the game is confirmed.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #40
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb68
I'm sorry you feel this way, but this is a private forum and site, and we've made the decision to restrict posting due to the constant arguments and inability to discuss rumors and speculation constructively.

There is another link in this thread that is open to speculation for the product being discussed. We will also have a forum opened if/when there is confirmation that the game exists.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »