Home

Do Anyone Think 2K Will Purchase The License?

This is a discussion on Do Anyone Think 2K Will Purchase The License? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Do Anyone Think 2K Will Purchase The License?

My reason for asking this is because we know EA called out the best makers of any football game that has been made.And I would like to Know what you guys think what 2K will do about being called out. I know 2K isn't worried about EA because there on two different levels in my opinion. So what do you guys think when we might get 2K Football back in our consoles. Wish we can send a sighed list of many people to 2K letting them know we need them back in the mix to settle this call out from a year ago. Hello Hello calling on 2K Sports to save the day. I still believe in Hero's l..###Hint Hint I feel the License whatever the NFL wants for it 2K will get back 10 times fold so 2K wouldn't lose so if the NFL is asking 20mil for 4 or 5 years then pay that and get your money with one game plus more.

Last edited by cowboy_kmoney; 07-11-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Do Anyone Think 2K Will Purchase The License?

No, I don't think they will. Nothing anyone says will be the impetus for any kind of return to the console football space. Petitions have been done, they know they have fans, or there would have been no APF2k8. The faithful weren't enough to sustain that franchise so little reason to expect anything going forward.

Ignoring exclusivity, starting $20m (I think it would be more) in the hole is a large part why.

The dream of a 2k football game is dead. The studio has moved on, the tech is console generations old at this point.

Last edited by mestevo; 07-11-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #3
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25

IF the NFL stops renewing the exclusivity, or IF EA thinks they are paying too much, (But it's there Cash COW).EA has the NFL for now, But when College returns there is another chance for 2k football. Once The NFL sees a great product from College football game, then they will Jump.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 07-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
No, I don't think they will. Nothing anyone says will be the impetus for any kind of return to the console football space. Petitions have been done, they know they have fans, or there would have been no APF2k8. The faithful weren't enough to sustain that franchise so little reason to expect anything going forward.

Ignoring exclusivity, starting $20m (I think it would be more) in the hole is a large part why.

The dream of a 2k football game is dead. The studio has moved on, the tech is console generations old at this point.
I hear you bro but I'm not buying into them not coming back because they have lost more money then it would cost them for the license. I feel everything is in there favor to make there move seeing how others are doing things with there sense of football. Don't get me wrong I love football and played it as well but I has business sense and it looks like to me this is great business sense to get the License and drop next year with three years under there belts.That is if they have been working on that perfect game and waiting.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

The subjective/hopes and dreams aside, pretty sure Peter Moore confirmed at E3 that the license is indeed exclusive still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2015, 01:56 AM   #6
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

Well then the EA dude was being funny when he called out 2K by saying get the license kome at me bro. Why would he say that if 2K couldn't get the license. But anyway that's good to know so it is still a monopoly with EA.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Well then the EA dude was being funny when he called out 2K by saying get the license kome at me bro. Why would he say that if 2K couldn't get the license. But anyway that's good to know so it is still a monopoly with EA.
He didn't say that to 2k, he said it towards Damon Grow who was taking shots at EA.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #8
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
He didn't say that to 2k, he said it towards Damon Grow who was taking shots at EA.
Didn't know that bro I just heard him call out to 2K too bring it. Well it seems the ball has always been on EA's court now its up to 2K to do something about it. Thanks for the info bro...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »