Home

Which Franchise mode will be better, Madden or ESPN?

This is a discussion on Which Franchise mode will be better, Madden or ESPN? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2004, 12:17 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Which Franchise mode will be better, Madden or ESPN?

Quote:

NYRangers31 said:
Quote:

MrE_Gamer said:
ESPN franchise is going to be good, but Madden is going to be better in IMO.
- Import players from NCAA 2005
- Franchise tags and restricted FA
- owner mode
- Storyline central
- Radio show
- Position Battles
- Weekly prep
- Naming team captions
- Change players positions(ex. Strong saftey to Conerback etc.)
- Team Practices
- CPU initiate trades during the draft
- Team Relocation
These are all the features that i can think of in Madden's franchise mode

Don't forget about the new draft. They said there will be a ticker, announcer, and the computer will trade! Also creating new jerseys for your team in owner mode and...let's see, I know there is another thing.

Also, weekly player progression
Old 06-30-2004, 12:39 PM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Until we play both , we will not know. However does it matter? Both will offer different things and both have a place. We the gamers benifit from it. That's the main reason I'll never understand why some "gamers" would like to see EA or Sega fail etc...if that would happen the gamers are hurt the most.
Here's hoping both games offer an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Don't forget about the new draft. They said there will be a ticker, announcer, and the computer will trade! Also creating new jerseys for your team in owner mode and...let's see, I know there is another thing.

I just hope they let me keep the original helmets with my created jerseys this year. Not being able to do that ruined that feature for me last year.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:31 PM   #20
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

ronnyballgame said:
They both have pros and cons, I believe this year they will be equal in their own aspects.

Exactly, I think it's kinda hard to make a broad compairson between the two, since they're both very different. EA's franchise mode is doing a good job of adding story lines, while ESPN's is going more into day to day operations of your football team. I just hope that both games have their new inovations turn out as well as they're anticipated to be.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:51 PM   #21
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

CeriousBuc said:
Quote:

ronnyballgame said:
it will be tight based with off the field features, but on the field, Madden really broke my heart last year, and hopefully they will make it up to us all soon in 2005. I do not need another 49-41 victory, unless it is right, but I play with the cowboys, and there was no way I could score near 50 points and left up 40 points

You really need to adjust your sliders man. Obviously, All-Madden default is not a challenge for you...let me ask you this, do you cheese against the CPU? Going for it on ever fourth down, etc.? What about your Cowboys team? Is it the default team or have you ade 'improvements'?

I PLAYED ON ALL MADDEN WITH SLIDERS, THE game was way 2 much focused on offense, I am sorry, and you know it is true, hopefully they fixed it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2004, 02:00 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

ronnyballgame said:
Quote:

CeriousBuc said:
Quote:

ronnyballgame said:
it will be tight based with off the field features, but on the field, Madden really broke my heart last year, and hopefully they will make it up to us all soon in 2005. I do not need another 49-41 victory, unless it is right, but I play with the cowboys, and there was no way I could score near 50 points and left up 40 points

You really need to adjust your sliders man. Obviously, All-Madden default is not a challenge for you...let me ask you this, do you cheese against the CPU? Going for it on ever fourth down, etc.? What about your Cowboys team? Is it the default team or have you ade 'improvements'?

I PLAYED ON ALL MADDEN WITH SLIDERS, THE game was way 2 much focused on offense, I am sorry, and you know it is true, hopefully they fixed it

Then maybe you should find a new slider set. I've heard plenty people hear say they were able to get realistic games using certain sliders. You didn't answer my other questions either. Do you play the game the way the Cowgirls play or not. Do you run the playaction the way Parcells likes to...or are you just chucking the ball up all the time. The game is only going to be as realistic as you make it. What length quarters are you playing? Is Quincy carter your Qb? Like, I've been saying there are so many factors as to why you don't get a realistic game and other people do.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:18 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

ronnyballgame said:
They both have pros and cons, I believe this year they will be equal in their own aspects.

Exactly, I think it's kinda hard to make a broad compairson between the two, since they're both very different. EA's franchise mode is doing a good job of adding story lines, while ESPN's is going more into day to day operations of your football team. I just hope that both games have their new inovations turn out as well as they're anticipated to be.

I dont want to see any game fail. Dont think anyone is bashing ESPN or Madden, just giving their Opinion based on what we know so far. I like playing both games for different reasons. I just think Madden will have the better franchise based on info, and previous versions of Madden's Franchise.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:53 PM   #24
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

MrE_Gamer said:
ESPN franchise is going to be good, but Madden is going to be better in IMO.
- Import players from NCAA 2005
- Franchise tags and restricted FA
- owner mode
- Storyline central
- Radio show
- Position Battles
- Weekly prep
- Naming team captions
- Change players positions(ex. Strong saftey to Conerback etc.)
- Team Practices
- CPU initiate trades during the draft
- Team Relocation
These are all the features that i can think of in Madden's franchise mode

Nuff said end thread!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »