Home

Will OS give ESPN proper props against Madden?

This is a discussion on Will OS give ESPN proper props against Madden? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2004, 10:04 AM   #9
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Will OS give ESPN proper props against Madden?

Quote:

13Warner said:
Whats funny is that OS has always (I felt) favored ESPN sports games. More screenshots, an easier to find main ESPN page, etc.

HOWEVER, and this is a big however....they gave Madden a good rating last year. Why? Because it was a good game!!!

OS is just fine..

Pssssst..... hard to take screens of Madden without a copy.... pass it on...
Old 07-21-2004, 10:05 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

coogrfan said:

This is an utterly idiotic poll for two reasons. One, if you had been here for any length of time you would know that the reviewers here never pull any punches, they always tell us exactly what they think of a title(and more importantly, they go into some detail as to why they like or don't like something). Second, the way you have phrased your questions is extremely slanted and unfair. Apparently the only way the OS crew can prove their objectivity to your sad little mind is by slamming Madden. Last years Madden got a favorable review here, were they lacking in testicular fortitude then too?

All in all, this entire thread is a waste of perfectly good bandwidth.

Hold on there buckaroo, there is an option for "giving it what it deserves". Is the title slanted, yes but you can still answer the way you want to. Is it stupid? No. Many Many sites are giving Madden a wide range of scores. Some are giving it more than ESPN and some less but they always seem to be around the exact same score. So, looking at a die-hard site like this, I'm wondering if the review will be based on Maddens merits, not cash flow or name. If I were a long time vet, I wouldn't even need this poll. Ovviously, I'm asking peoples opinions. DUH.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:09 AM   #11
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:

TetraFlare said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:

This is an utterly idiotic poll for two reasons. One, if you had been here for any length of time you would know that the reviewers here never pull any punches, they always tell us exactly what they think of a title(and more importantly, they go into some detail as to why they like or don't like something). Second, the way you have phrased your questions is extremely slanted and unfair. Apparently the only way the OS crew can prove their objectivity to your sad little mind is by slamming Madden. Last years Madden got a favorable review here, were they lacking in testicular fortitude then too?

Hold on there buckaroo, there is an option for "giving it what it deserves". Is the title slanted, yes but you can still answer the way you want to. Is it stupid? No. Many Many sites are giving Madden a wide range of scores. Some are giving it more than ESPN and some less but they always seem to be around the exact same score. So, looking at a die-hard site like this, I'm wondering if the review will be based on Maddens merits, not cash flow or name. If I were a long time vet, I wouldn't even need this poll. Ovviously, I'm asking peoples opinions. DUH.

You've been part of this forum for 12 days. That's a slap in the face to the people who have busted their [censored] and lost money on this site every day for 5 years. We could have sold this site 10 times over and let it be run in goosestep with whatever popular culture wants. We haven't.

Your insinuation that it is even an option is an insult to the Staff and the members who have made this site great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 10:25 AM   #12
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:

TetraFlare said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:

Bullsh*t. Your opening sentence reads:

Quote:

When they review Madden, will they simply mirror the score given to ESPN? Try to make it close or give Madden a proper score in relation to ESPN

The implication of that statement is that the only "proper score" is one that rates ESPN higher, and that anything else only proves that the OS crew are a bunch of sellouts.

You were just trying to stir up trouble, and you got called on it. Case closed.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:44 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

You've been part of this forum for 12 days. That's a slap in the face to the people who have busted their [censored] and lost money on this site every day for 5 years. We could have sold this site 10 times over and let it be run in goosestep with whatever popular culture wants. We haven't.

Your insinuation that it is even an option is an insult to the Staff and the members who have made this site great!

Sorry you took it that way but that was not the intent.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:52 AM   #14
Banned

Tetra, dont worry. Of course they have will give ESPN the higher score. They ALWAYS do. Just look at there review history. 2k4 was NOT better than Madden 2004.....but...well, you know...
Old 07-21-2004, 10:57 AM   #15
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:

MrScarface said:
Tetra, dont worry. Of course they have will give ESPN the higher score. They ALWAYS do. Just look at there review history. 2k4 was NOT better than Madden 2004.....but...well, you know...

Fanboys and Losers and Kids...oh my!

They got the same score last year, Captain Clueless. In fact, Madden has outscored ESPN all but one year that OS has been open.

You may want to step out of your parent's basement and get some fresh air before you post again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 11:14 AM   #16
Banned

Read your own reviews.....you like ESPN better than Madden. Hence, you rated better in the review...maybe not the score. Everyone knows there is a Sega Tilt to the site. Fine, that's your choice. You are like Fox News...."Fair and Balanced", but make sure you tilt it to the right

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »