Home

Gridiron Champions (IMV Gaming college football Kickstarter)

This is a discussion on Gridiron Champions (IMV Gaming college football Kickstarter) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #49
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Gridiron Champions (IMV Gaming college football Kickstarter)

They need to show more than just a stadium render and a player render to get any money from most people myself included.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson
Old 09-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCFClemson
They need to show more than just a stadium render and a player render to get any money from most people myself included.
And there lies the problem. It is a cycle so many things get stuck in in life. They can't get actual work done on the game before getting paid, but most aren't paying until any work is done on the game and shown off.

If Big Ant had even a handful of plays to showoff plus an early viewing of the stadium creator, more people would jump on this immediately. Maybe IMV has no leverage here, but if I were them I would do everything I could to convince Big Ant to take what they have in Rugby League Live 4 and just create a quick football player model and show off all of the customization options they have now in their game already. Then take the stadium editor and simply change the field to a football field and change a few terms and details and viola! People will eat it up. They don't have to create anything completely new because it's what they already have released in a current product with a slight change to appeal to the college football fans.

Hell, I'd do it for free and I know others would too, give me the Fan Hub tool(that's what everything is created in) and let me create some uniforms that are obviously identical to real teams and let me create a stadium that looks like Death Valley or the old Orange Bowl or whatever and do a quick time lapse of me making these things in a 2 minute trailer and people would get their college football juices going and put money behind this.

― Plato
Old 09-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #51
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

They would get a little more leeway on lack of information if they actually had a history or a name in the industry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #52
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

They've released a bunch of models and stuff, but the financials continue to look pretty dire. https://twitter.com/IMVGAMING/media

Sitting at $80k on hand, $159k pledged including future payments they haven't received yet.

As of last month the monthly payment option is gone, they have 3 tiers: $60 / $144 / $204 (and are adding $10 and $30 tiers). Deadline for fundraising is May 15th, they have to raise ~$700k or they have to refund everything. That's not even really addressing the $2.35m needed to make the game.

Based on the totals images they've posted to Twitter, they're raising a little more than $10k/mo on average.

From their terms:

Refunds: If we do not reach our goal of $850,000 by May 15, 2018 then we will refund everyone's contribution. With that being said, we WILL NOT be refunding any payments until that date (May 15, 2018) in the unfortunate case that we do not reach our funding goal. *We will continue to work to obtain contributions outside of the insider subscription plans that will all count towards the target funding goal. These outside contributions include but are not limited to investments, donations and sponsorships.*
Old 10-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #53
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

Still models still dont really show anything...
Old 10-19-2017, 03:16 PM   #54
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCFClemson
Still models still dont really show anything...
Yeah, it's 3d concept art at best at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2017, 08:22 AM   #55
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yeah, it's 3d concept art at best at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yea I have a hard time giving them any money until they show something that resembles an actual working product. I'll keep supporting Axis for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wanted to make a post explaining the paradox that these developers have put themselves in and why I believe this game will be nothing more than vaporware unless they change.

It’s clear these guys don’t understand how the development process works and how you go about getting funds. I’m no expert and don’t pretend to be, but I at least have some knowledge of how it works. The “we can’t develop until we have money” mindset is not valid. That’s not how this works. They are stuck in a “we need money to develop but we can’t get money because we can’t develop” circular situation.

The way it works is that you at least develop a proof of concept. It doesn’t have to be an alpha, it can be a couple plays that are mostly scripted. You need to either do it yourself or use your own money to pay a developer. It’s called an investment. THEN you go and present it to donors to solicit more funds.

If I was someone who wanted to invest for a share of revenue from the final product, I would not give these guys a cent. What they have shown so far is very little, none of which actually tells me they are capable of making a game. The stadium screenshots? C’mon I can make something similar if you give me an hour, just from open source models. The player models? Okay, a little better but still not anything that would take significant time to make.

I WANT there to be a competent Madden competitor, but I don’t think these guys are capable of making it. You look at Axis Football, they have funds and it’s taken them a few years to get even close to playable. But if I was looking to invest, I would give my money to the Axis guys in a heartbeat because they have shown continued improvement, continued status updates, and a passion for what they do.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »