Home

Perfect Football Game Wishlist: Gameplay

This is a discussion on Perfect Football Game Wishlist: Gameplay within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
Rookie

coolcat3's Arena

OVR: 0
Perfect Football Game Wishlist: Gameplay

I thought it would be an interesting idea to have a thread dedicated to a wishlist of things we'd like to see in a perfect football game. This thread will focus on gameplay. If this thread becomes popular then down the road I will create a thread dedicated to Modes and other off the field features.

Pass Rush:

One thing I still find extremely lacking in madden. Really since the beginning of the 360 era is Pass Rush. It seems that these days that a defender either wins right away or that it reaches a point in the play where the defender easily sheds his blocker. I would like to see more realism in the sense that when a defender wins the engagement most of the time it is not a clean shed followed by 5 or 6 uncontested steps to the QB, there is a natural progression of how the blocker is either physically or tactically broken down on his way to the passer.

Strip Sacks and Sack Animations: Sack animations should be kept as loose as possible meaning I want a QB to be grabbed and still attempt to fight there it, hit into other defenders and the back of other linemen. I want the refs to call in the grasp plays and blow the whistle dead when the QB is wrapped up.
I think a dline swipe at the ball should have different animations but I dont think that strip sacks themselves should have definite animations, only the QB looking for the looking for the ball after being stripped or stoping their throwing motion while being stripped. I also want the football to be slightly less secure. I want linemen being driven back the the QB has to pull it down from being stripped.

Pocket Presence: I want QBs to actually have pressure the user can actually react to. The nature of Madden's hit or miss pass rushing leads to an inconsistent pocket for player to navigate. But I think this can be solved with better line play.

Pocket Composure: While I would consider pocket presence to be knowing where and how to move in the pocket. I consider pocket composure to be how a QB reacts to constant pressure. This is where a rating or trait in this area would matter.

I would have a bubble around the QB. When an Olinemen or defender enters that bubble I would have the controller vibrate. The more a QB is pressured throughout a game or a season the bubble gets bigger and the controller would vibrate more for even less pressure. Naturally a QB like Aaron Rodgers would have a smaller bubble than a QB like Blake Bottles.

For those wondering the QB bubble is not visible but manifests with the controller Vibrations as well as off target throws as well as unset throwing motions. In rare cases of extreme pressure throughout a QB would start seeing ghosts and would duck and try to avoid pass rushers that weren't even there. Think Jim Everett

https://m.imgur.com/7ueaiTT

I could not think of something more demoralizing for one player and so uplifting for another. In a way it would almost be like the game in a microcosm

Last edited by coolcat3; 08-29-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »