Home

Best current text sim?

This is a discussion on Best current text sim? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Best current text sim?

Has anyone tried out the new Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2018 or Football Mogul 18? I enjoy FOF and I am wondering if either of these other text sims are getting close to the package FOF brings. TIA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #2
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best current text sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Has anyone tried out the new Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2018 or Football Mogul 18? I enjoy FOF and I am wondering if either of these other text sims are getting close to the package FOF brings. TIA!
I havent tried the latest versions of those two, but FOF8 is still my go to game for NFL sim. I also really like Pro Football Coach for android/iOS as a quick time waster on my phone.

I did purchase DDS College Football 2017, but I did not like the UI at all, and spent very little time playing it, despite creating a real names roster for it.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Thanks! Yeah, I did buy FOF8 and I am doubting the other two will rise to that level (but figured it never hurts to ask). I play different than some, so a game may be better for me than others. I play as an overbearing GM, but not as a coach. So, I want to draft, trade, sign FA, order depth charts, but sim the games themselves.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #4
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Thanks! Yeah, I did buy FOF8 and I am doubting the other two will rise to that level (but figured it never hurts to ask). I play different than some, so a game may be better for me than others. I play as an overbearing GM, but not as a coach. So, I want to draft, trade, sign FA, order depth charts, but sim the games themselves.
thats how i play. I do not coach in FOF either. I hired a head coach to do that. I usually let my coaches do my depth charts as well, unless I really do not like what they're doing.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

I can probably say a word about DDS:PF18.

Pro DDS:
- Animated on field action
- Interface looks much better than FOF
- Online Leagues are relatively simple to set up

Contra DDS:
- GM stuff is very limited
- No stadium modifaction or relocations
- You don't have to deal too much with coaches or staff
- The AI isn't that smart

-------

I like to play as a GM as well, so they've just recently added the option to watch the game in playcalling mode, which is pretty nice. But the game needs probably two or three more versions (aka 4-6 years) until I think it can go toe to toe with FOF in terms of depth. But it's still a fun game. Especially in combination with their college game, it can be a nice little universe to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »