Home

Gridiron Champions College Football details.

This is a discussion on Gridiron Champions College Football details. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: After reading the details, will you buy the game?
Yes, Day One purchase 31 36.05%
No, due to not having NCAA License 5 5.81%
Yes but not a Dayear One purchase 9 10.47%
On the fence, will wait for Reviews. 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2018, 06:01 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gridiron Champions College Football details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea I’m out on this game. They seem to have 0 idea of what they are getting into. Replied to a post on Twitter about the stuff from last August, and asked “why IMV had said they didn’t have a developer yesterday or as to why there weren’t any official press releases from Big Ant about a partnership with IMV”. And the Chief Business Officer replied to me saying “why would they tip their hand when they hadn’t signed a contract yet? It’s #business.” That comment makes 0 sense to me because he’s telling me they don’t wanna tip their hand about a deal, which is perfectly fine and should be done. But they already tipped their hand last year by announcing that Big Ant was going to be working with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

To add onto this was just the final breaking point. First it was when they said that it was going to be an NCAA football game, which it wasn’t going to be. Then they said on Twitter that we would be able to customize and use the official logos for the NCAA and the like. As well as a few other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-24-2018, 07:28 PM   #74
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

OVR: 0

We should see very soon whether a deal gets done or not with Big Ant Studios. Im pretty surprised an official deal wasnt agreed apon when they announced the "deal" months ago. https://twitter.com/IMVGAMING/status/988922042396397568
MLB: Pirates

Working on:

NBA 2K20 FDU Fictional Draft Classes
Old 04-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #75
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

They didn't have the money months ago. That announcement was essentially 'we know how much it is to hire this one company'.

Actually executing that even if they have the cash on hand now is not a simple thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #76
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Two things: Big Ant creates some surprisingly good games, and sports games at that. Rugby League Live 4 was pretty good (especially after some patches), and some would argue Rugby League Live 3 is still better. I have some optimism about what they could accomplish developing a football game.

They don't officially have a developer yet, and they are planning to release a football game by 2020. That says to me the game will either be absolute trash, not implement most of the features they've listed, be delayed substantially, or some combination of all those things.

Think about how some of the AAA sports games take multiple iterations to build and incorporate a single new feature. I know that's partly about how resources are allocated across an annual release, but this project they've laid out here looks like a lot to achieve by 2020—considering they haven't started and don't even know if they have a developer.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:40 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 19

Im sure other developers are paying close attention.
If this game is a success, EA , 2k, will most liekley jump back into developing customize-able college sports titles. and dare I say APF2k with a franchise mode.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:31 AM   #78
Rookie

Quillen32's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Im sure other developers are paying close attention.
If this game is a success, EA , 2k, will most liekley jump back into developing customize-able college sports titles. and dare I say APF2k with a franchise mode.
My thoughts exactly. I want this game to release, just so EA sees it and realizes they can do this as well and have more success.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #79
Pro

OVR: 4

Two years to convert a rugby game seems possible, but I'd expect a barebones football game.

The next version would improve by leaps and bounds with another year to add features. Getting that first game out is the biggest hurdle.

They might be better served to shoot for 2021 and make a better first impression.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #80
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd have no problem purchasing a completely generic college football game even if you aren't allowed to upload official college logos as part of your customization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »