Home

Gridiron Champions College Football details.

This is a discussion on Gridiron Champions College Football details. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: After reading the details, will you buy the game?
Yes, Day One purchase 31 36.05%
No, due to not having NCAA License 5 5.81%
Yes but not a Dayear One purchase 9 10.47%
On the fence, will wait for Reviews. 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Gridiron Champions College Football details.

Full details below.

http://www.imackulatevisiongaming.co...ironchampions/

After reading the article I have to say this game will be a huge success. Roster sharing and Full customization will appeal to everyone.

I attached a poll as well. If you have time cast your vote.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 04-23-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gridiron Champions College Football details.

They said available in 2020; does that mean the it will be available for the 2020 college football season (2019-2020), or the 2021 season (2020-2021)?
Old 04-23-2018, 12:07 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
They said available in 2020; does that mean the it will be available for the 2020 college football season (2019-2020), or the 2021 season (2020-2021)?
There will be a lot of moving parts that all have to come together, I would guess mid to late 2020, but would love to see it happen earlier.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

On the fence simply because there is zero in-game gameplay. Until I see how it actually plays and the game modes, I don't care.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #5
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm in full support. Great news for sports gamers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMV Gaming Press Release via SBNation
IMV has partnered with a top-tier investment core group to evolve the company structure and planning along with a top-down infrastructure including internal management, company growth plans including an IPO strategy and laying the groundwork for a combination of equity and debt, projected to exceed $10 million. As they plan for their roll-out, IMV Gaming is working on next steps such as discussions with game developers in the manufacturing partner selection process as well as the future games for 2021 which include a potentially licensed version of Gridiron Champions and potentially a college basketball experience.
Digging past all the flowery boilerplate text: IMV intend to IPO to raise capital they still don't have, without any product (or even a prototype of a product) to show potential investors, and they also still don't have a team in place to assemble the product or prototype? What the hell kind of racket are they running? What person in their right mind is going to back this with real money as it stands right now? They have literally nothing.

I remain incredibly skeptical that this adventure will ever put a game on the shelf for anyone to buy. They're still trading on hope, nostalgia, and literally nothing else, and that's going to catch up to them at some point.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #7
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

IF this game actually gets made and hits the shelf, I'd be very interested.

But there's a lot of questions here ...

1. Can they manage to develop and implement a full creative suite like they claim? Will it have the capabilities that 2K does now (logo uploading/template sharing)?

2. What in the world will gameplay/graphics look like? Developing a gameplay engine that accurately replicates real football is a feat that still hasn't been accomplished by Madden, despite over a decade of exclusivity.

3. What are the legal ramifications of the aforementioned creative suite? Will colleges actively sue users who upload their logos? Will the developers merely put out a disclaimer that users who upload licensed logos do so at their own peril?

These are just some of the things that need to addressed before any real hope can spring. That's not even pointing out the fact that, apparently, they haven't really even begun development on it yet (though, from what I interpret in the article, they are aiming for a 2020 release that would occur in the summer period, much like NCAA used to), and there are no real names attached to the project.

If they can manage to put out a game -- even just an average one -- it'd be a big win for all football fans, but until such a time we have evidence that this thing can be more than a hypothetical, I can only wish them good luck and god speed.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Digging past all the flowery boilerplate text: IMV intend to IPO to raise capital they still don't have, without any product (or even a prototype of a product) to show potential investors, and they also still don't have a team in place to assemble the product or prototype? What the hell kind of racket are they running? What person in their right mind is going to back this with real money as it stands right now? They have literally nothing.

I remain incredibly skeptical that this adventure will ever put a game on the shelf for anyone to buy. They're still trading on hope, nostalgia, and literally nothing else, and that's going to catch up to them at some point.
Every successful video game started the same way. Hopefully this turns out a lot better than the Joe Montana fiasco. Time will tell but these guys seem to be up front with as much as they possibly can. You are right there are a ton of unanswered questions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »