Home

Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

This is a discussion on Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingelsby
Have you seen what 2k has done, people are creating college hoops teams and floors without any issue. There has to be a way for all parties to make this work. The Jenkins lawsuit in December could be a game changer.
Didn't the 2k myplayer have some real college teams? It isn't an issue for them because they have connections with the NCAA.

2k is also bigger than these two nobodies running IMV.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:29 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 5

They are really no more than hustlers, it was easy to sense the moment this game was talked about. They are social media only people and big talkers. It is easy to get people involved that are vulnerable and really want to play college football. Just mention you are "Dedicated to bring it back and want to get it right." Connect with a couple of Youtube people like Flemlo to talk it up and you get more people thinking you are legit. Get a couple decent pro athletes to contribute and people really think you are serious.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:40 PM   #131
Pro

OVR: 0

Guys, I might be way off here. I am playing NCAA 11 and NCAA 14 some. I am really trying to preserve 14 like an investment. Anyway, have you all seen the customizations you can do on Super Mega Baseball 2? Uniforms, players, teams, leagues, etc. I am itching for an NCAA game so badly for ps4 beings that I have one now and I have seen the graphics of Madden 17 that I got for 6 bucks. This might be the lazy but I do long for a new NCAA football game. Some serious developers have to know there is money to be made. Right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2018, 03:14 AM   #132
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Guys, I might be way off here. I am playing NCAA 11 and NCAA 14 some. I am really trying to preserve 14 like an investment. Anyway, have you all seen the customizations you can do on Super Mega Baseball 2? Uniforms, players, teams, leagues, etc. I am itching for an NCAA game so badly for ps4 beings that I have one now and I have seen the graphics of Madden 17 that I got for 6 bucks. This might be the lazy but I do long for a new NCAA football game. Some serious developers have to know there is money to be made. Right?
Probably just way off. If it was financially or commercially viable we'd have a game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #133
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeFireThoseCannons
Didn't the 2k myplayer have some real college teams? It isn't an issue for them because they have connections with the NCAA.

2k is also bigger than these two nobodies running IMV.
Had nothing to do with "connections" or lack thereof with the NCAA. They got the SCHOOLS (individually) to agree to license. There is nothing stopping the schools from selling their license for use in a video game, the NCAA doesn't own their logo, mascot, uniforms etc..

One of the setbacks is that for a new NCAA game to come out though, how could they agree with 130 separate schools to use their license.. Things were easy under the NCAA umbrella because they could use the license for all schools under the NCAA.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:55 AM   #134
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I've come to this via the opposite direction. Ive been looking through Big Ant's back catalogue, and noticed that Wikipedia has them listed as the dev for an upcoming unlicensed college football game.

What? When?

I'm very familiar with Big Ant. They have found ways to create really good sport simulations from sports with limited niche markets. Why haven't I heard of this from them, or all the Australian game industry people/companies I follow on social media?

So I went back through their twitter from the past few months. Nothing. Ok, weird, but some devs like to control announcments.

Then I came across this thread. And man. It was quite a ride getting through this thread.

That press release was a master class in corporate jargon.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:42 AM   #135
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah, have to wonder what the specifics of the game they were going to make for just $5m were.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 07:59 AM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone subscribe to the news letter? I was just curious what the latest one said and if there has been any updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »