Home

Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

This is a discussion on Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #225
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Straight from an 'investor' who has known this was coming, the lawsuit is a scapegoat. Other investors don't want to deal with them because 'they can't take care of things like this'

Really seems completely bogus, the internet is going to internet, you defeat naysayers with success.

https://youtu.be/4_O_izfsJho
Coming from Flemlo, this just reeks of failure. The fact that he was promoting Maximum Football's teams is even more of an end to IMV gaming. Why would they allow him to promote another game that's obviously competition (if we're even calling IMV competition) lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #226
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSavageBeast
Coming from Flemlo, this just reeks of failure. The fact that he was promoting Maximum Football's teams is even more of an end to IMV gaming. Why would they allow him to promote another game that's obviously competition (if we're even calling IMV competition) lol.
I like that Flemlo kept it real. If they can't handle one internet troll before they start, then no one will want to deal with them professionally. He is going to support them because he has invested alot, but he doesnt agree with everything they do. I wonder how transparent they will be when they he fly to do that interview and if they dodge questions.
They really thought a kickstarter was going to help them produce funds to produce a video games. From the start, I thought it was very premature to give a set 2020 release date before you even secure funds. Then to promise all these features and game modes before you even start developing the games. For the first year(s) of sports game, the main focus shouldn't be features and modes. The main focus should be to make the core foundation is set. Gameplay and animations should be solid before you focus on game modes
Old 08-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #227
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Probably made the account private to prevent him from using their own tweets against them in his response to the suit. They also probably didn't know how to spread the news outside of their followers so they made it public for a bit.

Just read through the lawsuit, most of the Madden forum could be sued by EA if this was legally interference as they describe it. They don't present anything tangible as damage, just that they don't like what he said. Things like asking their publicly listed contact if she had any comment before publishing his findings (the smoke and mirrors Flonamix investment/company) is listed as disparaging and defamation.

So the guy is a domain squatter... but they don't have any claim to that domain or tried to get it from him and ignored relatively polite (compared to everything else) offers to sell it for years.

Otherwise they guy has said what many have here and on Twitter. Only difference is he put it on a website, too.

If he's not wrong at this point, is it really what they claim? Is calling them a fraud at this point actually wrong given the circumstances (taken money, gone dark, people have to beg for newsletters, no more refunds, etc)? If they aren't a fraud, they could easily demonstrate that in their meeting (singular, and mentioned multiple times) with unnamed 'Wall Street Level firm' and all other potential funding sources.

They confirm they previously had a payroll but now don't. Everything else is 'relationships' rather than contracts, deals, etc. Desire to go public or be acquired is mentioned.

There's nothing here. If there is, more power to them, but it comes across more like a distraction and a strange vector for funding. Also a rather scary precedent when it comes to criticizing shady operations - which this is, to put it nicely.

Maybe in the end this is how they justify shutting it all down.
America, where you can sue just because you didn't like what somebody said about you or your product. Well all that money they scammed from people is about to go to lawyers and court fees and they will have no money after this.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:07 PM   #228
Just started!

maximum football is an example of what imv shouldve done. they know the first game wont be perfect, and they arent trying to be. they are developing a college game with a 50 year dynasty and the game is being made by 3 guys and only one of them is full time. if the game grows from this year it can be amazing in a few years. gridiron champions is never happening. face it.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #229
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

They can't, they are idea men looking to profit from an idea. They aren't making a game, they are looking to just fund one with other people's money.

They can't just hunker down and make it, because they need to employ others to do it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #230
Rookie

olliedathird's Arena

Complete radio silence for the month of September. You know, I've been playing Maximum Football for a few days now, and it bothers me to no end that all that money was invested in nothing but a dream. If Canuck Play got even half of what IMV has (or claimed to have), there's no telling what Max Football would look like right now.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #231
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I wonder if they're going to come out and say 'sorry, we disappeared for months because of the lawsuit' - which has had no activity since the motion to dismiss was filed almost 2 months ago.

Between their behavior in the last 6 months and the NCAA news, I think this goose is cooked (as if you couldn't conclude that prior...)

I kinda expect their next big public splash (if they don't Damon Grow it and just disappear) to be to shut down the project and to blame the lawsuit for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 12:05 PM   #232
Rookie

olliedathird's Arena

Quote:
I kinda expect their next big public splash (if they don't Damon Grow it and just disappear) to be to shut down the project and to blame the lawsuit for it.
My money is definently on the latter. It just seems as if they're hoping everyone just forgets this dumpster fire ever existed. My tinfoil hat also tells me they're doing this by forcing people to unfollow. I went to their Twitter page a few weeks ago and saw that I was no longer following them, despite never actually unfollowing them.

Also, when you go to their Socialblade page you'll notice they've been losing hundreds of followers by the month. I have a hard time believing these people would just abandon ship and NOT want to stay in the loop, especially after locking their account down.

Last edited by olliedathird; 11-04-2019 at 02:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »