Home

Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

This is a discussion on Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2020, 09:52 PM   #241
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

That Operation Sports or any online media outlet (and to be fair, it wasn't just OS; Bleacher Report, SB Nation, Sports Illustrated, Forbes, SportsGamersOnline, Yahoo, and FOX Sports all ran with their release date press blast) gave this game the privilege of a bright shining spotlight two years ago looks incredibly foolish in retrospect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 09:57 PM   #242
Rookie

olliedathird's Arena

OVR: 0

TL;DR
Scam artists (if you wanna label them that) got scammed. OOF

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2020, 10:31 PM   #243
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

Here's what their plan is to "make this right":

A PONZI SCHEME!

I did not invest in this company, but to suggest the way to pay back the initial investors is to get money from other investors is nothing more than BS. If they were serious about this, there would have been legal documentation and court filings- available for the public viewing upon request.

The fact they are "advised" not to name people and keep it quiet is just total BS.

Finally, to suggest something illegal as a ponzi scheme (it doesn't matter how they try to word it) says the initial investors should take action and put these guys in handcuffs.

[/end rant]
Old 07-26-2020, 05:30 AM   #244
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
Here's what their plan is to "make this right":

A PONZI SCHEME!

I did not invest in this company, but to suggest the way to pay back the initial investors is to get money from other investors is nothing more than BS. If they were serious about this, there would have been legal documentation and court filings- available for the public viewing upon request.

The fact they are "advised" not to name people and keep it quiet is just total BS.

Finally, to suggest something illegal as a ponzi scheme (it doesn't matter how they try to word it) says the initial investors should take action and put these guys in handcuffs.

[/end rant]
It's quite remarkable that they've taken an unbelievable situation and crafted something even more unbelievable.

Defamation doesn't make any sense if they aren't lying, and they couldn't get funding for a game but are going to find investors to pay contributors to a company they are shutting down? ....and then think they'll still make the game with private funding under a new company?

Yikes.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:40 PM   #245
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliedathird
TL;DR
Scam artists (if you wanna label them that) got scammed. OOF

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's if you believe their current story. They might slso have just pocketed all the money themselves and now be using this story to get sympathy or delay any pressure from investors who want their money back.

Disclaimer: I have not invested in this nor do I have any knowledge of how these public funding campaigns work. I just find the whole thing fishy and have from day 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #246
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
That Operation Sports or any online media outlet (and to be fair, it wasn't just OS; Bleacher Report, SB Nation, Sports Illustrated, Forbes, SportsGamersOnline, Yahoo, and FOX Sports all ran with their release date press blast) gave this game the privilege of a bright shining spotlight two years ago looks incredibly foolish in retrospect.
People's overwhelming desire for the return of a college football game caused so many to suspend their critical thinking faculties and give this company a grossly undeserved benefit of the doubt. Sadly, I bet that there is a sizable amount of people who will still give them more money if they ask for it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #247
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

The reality is that most of these games that get crowd funding never really see the light of day. Some do go on to be pretty fun AA games, and thats always cool. But its the minority.

I gave a small amount of money to a non-sports game six or seven years ago at the start of the PS4's lifecycle, and they're still working on it with no estimated release. Its legit and in production, but its already years past the original estimate.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:39 PM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 5

It was always a pipe dream.

If the concept was actually feasible, I believe 2K or EA would have tried to buy them and seeing as the guys seemed like scammers they would have likely given it to a big corporation. They had big ideas since everyone that played NCAA wants a college football game.

I never gave them money because I can't hype might self up enough to play a game with generic teams. Even if the game allowed people to customize and add things I believe it would take too long and still not feel real to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »