Home

Madden NFL 2005

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 2005 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Madden NFL 2005

I tried searching for an existing thread but don't see one.

Just curious if there is anyone else like me that is still playing Madden 2005? This game in my humble opinion is the best Madden game ever produced in terms of fun, franchise, and gameplay. I haven't played in a while due to my PS2 crapping out and trying to find another one (I want a silver one...not picky though..LOL)

Anyways just curious to see if anyone still plays this and if so, maybe we could share franchise stories and such.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I tried searching for an existing thread but don't see one.

Just curious if there is anyone else like me that is still playing Madden 2005? This game in my humble opinion is the best Madden game ever produced in terms of fun, franchise, and gameplay. I haven't played in a while due to my PS2 crapping out and trying to find another one (I want a silver one...not picky though..LOL)

Anyways just curious to see if anyone still plays this and if so, maybe we could share franchise stories and such.
You would probably be better off posting in the madden thread. Madden 2005 was a great game wish I still had it . Lol
Old 08-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I thought about posting it there, but that forum is so consumed with the latest installment that it felt out of place to post there.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey i still play. I find the older football titles just alot more interesting. No matter if its older madden games, 2k games or the NCAA games. Im 40 years old, maybe its the fact that i like playing with players i watched growing up.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I pull out Madden 2005 from time to time. I enjoy the older football titles, they were simpler and it reminds me of my more youthful days lol. My collection is mostly Madden, but I also have the Blitz’s, 2k’s, ncaa’s, bcfx, arena, etc.,etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar345
Hey i still play. I find the older football titles just alot more interesting. No matter if its older madden games, 2k games or the NCAA games. Im 40 years old, maybe its the fact that i like playing with players i watched growing up.
Same here. I turn 40 in October and games from then, especially Madden were just more fun to play. Plus games then had the single player in mind, not all of this online stuff.

Another fact is that I don't care much for the NFL these days. Not sure why, just lost interest. But to play from back then when I followed and kept up with the NFL, the game is more fun to me.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

idk, i think it's hailing as the best madden ever is unearned. Yes it had franchise features that were interesting and fun...but:

1 - league player progression was unchecked and completely unbalanced, causing the league to break down over time - players got far too good too quickly. The player also had a distinct advantage over AI teams in this regard as well (so their is an issue of fairness too).

2 - talking about fairness, from 2005 edition onward, i swear EA put in coding that influences the game outcome beyond the calls and plays on field...it became too easy to win..and there was lots of questionable come backs to make things close.

3 - it didn't play nearly as balanced a game as 2004 PC did.

I'd say '04 was the better game vs '05 - and also could product more realistic game stats as well (tho that's ALWAYS been an issue with madden, even with slider adjustments over all versions).
TBH, I am having a lot of fun at the moment with '02 PC (definitely the best edition vs the consoles as it got extra patches and the on-field gameplay (with slider adjustments) and with coach mode at least, is pretty decent (plus the animation suite and gameflow is far better than both '04 and '05 ironically)...
(and yes I am the same redwolf that did all those slider sets madden '03-'08 inclusive over at football freaks (lost my password here and don't have access to my original email, LOL))

...but damn, I am dying for some new alternatives to play. Just gave up FBPro'97 once again...and routing like hell for Axis football.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #8
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

gosh darn it I can't type today, ignore the typing mistakes -- can't seem to find an edit key.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »