Home

Axis Football 18?

This is a discussion on Axis Football 18? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Axis Football 18?

So, here we are, going into week three of the preseason, and I have not heard any release date for Axis Football 18. Anybody hear anything? Did I miss the announcement?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Axis Football 18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
So, here we are, going into week three of the preseason, and I have not heard any release date for Axis Football 18. Anybody hear anything? Did I miss the announcement?
They are working on Franchise mode right now. It is a very deep mode in their game. The PC BETA testers are giving them a ton of feedback and they are doing their best to fix them for release.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 08-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
They are working on Franchise mode right now. It is a very deep mode in their game. The PC BETA testers are giving them a ton of feedback and they are doing their best to fix them for release.
As a Franchise mode guy, that is great news. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

OVR: 0

This is soooo often overlooked and not understood - but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LOOK AT OVERALL LEAGUE TALENT OVER TIME! If the talent pool increases (or indeed decreases) over time, the integrity of the league eventually breaks!

It is so important for franchise longevity that the overall league talent stays relatively the same over time.

Not only is this important on the players as a whole, but on individual positions as well. Without this, the game breaks in the end - requiring constant slider adjustments then going completely out of whack. -- and that is why I would pretty much suggest that any performance based progression ideas be scrapped (aside from any philosophical differences in set potential vs. performance) because it is near impossible to achieve long term league balance with it (and it certainly would be for a small based developer like Axis).

I really hope you guys actually take the time to think about this and that progression/regression is done with long term league integrity in mind.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #5
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

IMG_0589.jpg

Love it and can’t wait to see the dynamic league size options. I’d love to run a small 8 team league.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Is there a feature list for the game? I'll be picking up a copy on the PS4 so I don't expect all the options you'd get on the PC. I appreciate that Franchise mode is important to some players, but having the game play well on the field is the most important thing.

That said, the Franchise mode looks really deep.

I went digging into another thread, answered my own question:

Expanded playbooks. Going from seven formations and 112 plays in 2017 to 40+ formations and 1000+ plays in 2018
New play type: Play Action pass
New player movement controls and animations featuring cuts, pivots, lean-based running, defensive strafing, and QB in-pocket movement
Brand new player physics system
Penalties
Expanded franchise features: trade players, sign free agents, hire coaching staff, manage team finances
Redesigned GUI for better stat tracking and roster management

Last edited by VCdolphin; 08-26-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #7
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I played a little 16 and enjoyed it. Probably would have played more with franchise mode. The thing I really liked was the pace of play was fast. Meaning, there wasn’t a lot of downtime between plays. The game is fun for a small dev team and I really enjoy the target passing mechanic. It has the feel of a fun, fast paced arcade game from the old days. These guys are doing great things for a small dev team. I plan to purchase this year.

2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 08-27-2018, 06:59 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99

Love it and can’t wait to see the dynamic league size options. I’d love to run a small 8 team league.

It's not a dynamic league size. It means that the league structure is one that is similar to English football's relegation systems as there are 3 tiers and your team advances to a higher tier or is relegated to a lower tier depending on that season's performance.

Frankly, I would've preferred your idea, but that's what the developers decided would make their game unique.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »