Home

Axis Football 19 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Axis Football 19 Impressions Thread within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Axis Football 19 Impressions Thread

Here is a thread to provide feedback for the Axis Football Development team as to what you are seeing with New Game.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Axis Football 19 Impressions Thread

First thing that stood out to me was much improved RB movement and much improved Pocket Awareness by the QBs.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 09-27-2019, 06:22 PM   #3
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
First thing that stood out to me was much improved RB movement and much improved Pocket Awareness by the QBs.

The running motion is definitely more fluid in this years iteration...good observation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

I bought Axis 17 and 18, but am on the fence for 19. Frankly, I am not thrilled with where the team spent its focus. I don't care about facilities, practice or coaching staffs. I do like the attention that they gave to scouting and drafting though. But, for me to buy again, I have to see more progress on areas that are of concern. I would greatly appreciate if folks could comment on:

1) Can we view year by year and career stats of players? (Makes Franchise play so much more immersive)

2) Can we turn off the salary cap? (I am not a fan of FA or a cap, so I like to avoid both for my team)

3) Much has been made of redoing scouting and drafting - can we sort players by categories, or search for specific attribute levels in the draft pool? (18 was a hassle to find the kind of player you want to draft)

4) Has the completion percentage been reworked (when actually playing the games)? Or, better yet, are there be sliders or a tuning file to adjust this?

Thank you!
Old 09-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Feels like few people are playing it, I want to watch live gameplay and nobody on Mixer or Twitch are streaming it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #6
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I bought Axis 17 and 18, but am on the fence for 19. Frankly, I am not thrilled with where the team spent its focus. I don't care about facilities, practice or coaching staffs. I do like the attention that they gave to scouting and drafting though. But, for me to buy again, I have to see more progress on areas that are of concern. I would greatly appreciate if folks could comment on:

1) Can we view year by year and career stats of players? (Makes Franchise play so much more immersive)

2) Can we turn off the salary cap? (I am not a fan of FA or a cap, so I like to avoid both for my team)

3) Much has been made of redoing scouting and drafting - can we sort players by categories, or search for specific attribute levels in the draft pool? (18 was a hassle to find the kind of player you want to draft)

4) Has the completion percentage been reworked (when actually playing the games)? Or, better yet, are there be sliders or a tuning file to adjust this?

Thank you!
1 yearly yes, career no (slated for 2020)
2 no
3 player categories- yes, attribute levels- no
4 yes - completion % actually relatively close to NFL averages now (at this point in time (*note my experience is coach mode and also spectate matches) - that being said, i find interceptions to be a problem (too high), lot's of wide open receivers at times or AI QB's throwing into double or triple coverage (this may change after patches, idk). No specific sliders to adjust, to answer the second part - though you can adjust receiver lead (which is a must, tbh (mine is .15 for reference). Ground game is pretty decent though - passing game needs adjustment. Consider it in general a few patches on 2018's gameplay (at least at this very point in time).
Old 09-28-2019, 02:45 PM   #7
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Feels like few people are playing it, I want to watch live gameplay and nobody on Mixer or Twitch are streaming it.
Slumpdog has been having it on his mixer (PC version). Regarding X-box - something about it not being up yet for mixer streaming I am hearing (but idk anything about console version specifics (PS4 version not released yet).

https://mixer.com/Slumpdog?vod=ZJoSuayx9k25XURKKIg3sQ
Old 09-28-2019, 02:50 PM   #8
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Impressions? Here is my steam review (regarding launch version):

Last year I gave the 2018 edition a C/C+ with a thumbs up - this year's edition I would rate it currently as a C++.

It is a pretty decent game and can be a quite fun change of pace/alternative to other football titles. Know what you are getting - for those that have 2018, the gameplay is improved moderately (definitely not substantially (almost consider it a patched++ 2018 regarding gameplay - but much better QB pocket awareness, RB movement, and overall fluidity)). There are certainly areas to improve upon - but it can play decently and games can be quite competitive and fun. It will also generate pretty realistic stats in general. You can also adjust various aspects of the game to suit your taste - like game speed for example. The player models have been improved, but the animations are the same as last year (though I believe they added a few new ones here and there). The commentary is identical to last year. The main focus for this year's edition was the back end and huge upgrades and features were added to franchise mode including individual coaches, training, morale, enhanced scouting, trading (and also of future draft picks), draft, facilities, practice strategies, extra and enhanced stat tracking (no player career stats yet though), ability to spectate any match in your league, etc.. a ton of stuff! - and a little more than I personally need, but if you are a GM freak and into all that extra stuff, you will really enjoy it. I personally like the fantasy aspect as the game has a fictional tier system with relegation and derelegation of teams depending on year-end performances, but there are mods available to introduce NFL or college teams (or XFL, etc) into the game if that is important to you. Also, you can do all kinds of graphical editing with uniforms and create your own fictional teams if you want as well - a nice bonus.

I personally wish they had spent 80% on gameplay, 20% franchise rather than the other way around, but I do know that 2020 edition is slated for a huge front end gameplay focus (and that learning the ropes of console certification for previous edition cost some time to the development cycle this year, unfortunately). But that is neither here nor there - what matters is the now and what is presented as the 2019 edition. The huge additons to the franchise and modest improvements to gameplay (which is a weaker aspect of the game) leads me to a soft thumbs up. If you are expecting Electronic Arts based resources from a very small indie group who all have day jobs (but are passionate about their work and the game of football) - then look elsewhere. The game is not targeted to be a Madden killer, nor is it. What is does offer is CHOICE, a unique experience, a fun football world, and as I said earlier - a fun change of pace. I enjoy the game and you might too. I also don't take for granted that we have this PC version (where not all indie developers are willing to go, unfortunately). This game has been steadily improving over each successive edition. Having choice in this market is a very good thing and when considering it in a broader market perspective, then my thumbs-up is given with far more vigor.

(*biases- I play coach-mode (that is the way I like to play) and also spectate a lot of others team's games AI vs AI)).

It is worthy of support as are the developers (and hopefully there will be some further gameplay adjusting patches, we will see) Many of you will enjoy this offering like I do, and if you don't, that's cool too.

Mantra - Nothing is ever as bad as some people make things out to be, nor as good as others will have you believe.

Last edited by redwo1f; 09-28-2019 at 02:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »