Home

Pro Strategy Football 2021 now available on Steam

This is a discussion on Pro Strategy Football 2021 now available on Steam within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pro Strategy Football 2021 now available on Steam

Pro Strategy Football 2021 is now available on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Football_2021/

There are mod web sites that have modern day and historic NFL rosters.

Go to the game's Steam Community Forum for information about the mods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pro Strategy Football 2021 now available on Steam

I noticed a Tecmo Super Bowl conversion mod, what exactly does this do?
Old 09-08-2020, 08:34 AM   #3
Rookie

Sample video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxtzy3eEt4
Old 09-13-2020, 02:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Does anybody have more info on the off-season, free agency, draft, etc? I have searched for further detail with no luck. So sick of waiting for a good football game that depicts the action and is a legit simulation. This game looks intriguing with all the customization and mods.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:51 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgriffi
Does anybody have more info on the off-season, free agency, draft, etc? I have searched for further detail with no luck. So sick of waiting for a good football game that depicts the action and is a legit simulation. This game looks intriguing with all the customization and mods.
Career play doesn't have trading, but does have the option of free agency. You toggle it off or on after a season, and you can select up to 5 Free Agents per team (random number generated per team when you do this when you state the maximum.) There's no $$$, it all straight up selecting players.

The Free Agency was added by the programmer this year. He wants to add to career play more next year. This year, he's added a LOT of things people have asked for in other areas, too, but it's just him, and some beta testers for him, creating this game. That's it.

To his credit, he listens to the fans, and at least attempts to give them what they want. Sometimes, he pulls it off, other times, he's got to wait until the next year's game build to try, due to either time constraints or having to redo code to the point it would take another version to do it right.

He's got a 9-5 job, mostly works on the game on weekends and evenings. Right now, he's listening to everyone's input on steam, ironing out bugs that didn't appear in beta, and pushes out bug fixes.

Rosters are currently limited to 43. And it's a set 43. You must have, for example, 2QB, 4RB, 5WR, 3TE, etc. One of the things he wants to accomplish is creating a modern day roster size next year, but that will take a rebuild. He also want to make it so that, if you have historic teams that had, say, only 40 or 45 players on the roster, the game engine will still work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2020, 06:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
Career play doesn't have trading, but does have the option of free agency. You toggle it off or on after a season, and you can select up to 5 Free Agents per team (random number generated per team when you do this when you state the maximum.) There's no $$$, it all straight up selecting players.

The Free Agency was added by the programmer this year. He wants to add to career play more next year. This year, he's added a LOT of things people have asked for in other areas, too, but it's just him, and some beta testers for him, creating this game. That's it.

To his credit, he listens to the fans, and at least attempts to give them what they want. Sometimes, he pulls it off, other times, he's got to wait until the next year's game build to try, due to either time constraints or having to redo code to the point it would take another version to do it right.

He's got a 9-5 job, mostly works on the game on weekends and evenings. Right now, he's listening to everyone's input on steam, ironing out bugs that didn't appear in beta, and pushes out bug fixes.

Rosters are currently limited to 43. And it's a set 43. You must have, for example, 2QB, 4RB, 5WR, 3TE, etc. One of the things he wants to accomplish is creating a modern day roster size next year, but that will take a rebuild. He also want to make it so that, if you have historic teams that had, say, only 40 or 45 players on the roster, the game engine will still work.
Thanks for the feedback-it's impressive what he has come up with thus far. I'll keep my eye on it for sure as there aren't too many solid football sims out there. If he adds a legit off-season then I will definitely be interested.
Old 09-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Henchman21's Arena

Any idea how this compares to Second and Ten?
Old 09-26-2020, 05:17 PM   #8
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman21
Any idea how this compares to Second and Ten?
If I had to buy one or the other, I'd buy SaT. That said, I wouldn't really recommend either one.

I don't really think the engines of either game provide a good simulation but that's just my opinion.

I have SaT and I've watched enough videos of PSF to know it's not for me. Bad sim, imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »