Home

NHL 2k10 Board Pinning

This is a discussion on NHL 2k10 Board Pinning within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2021, 05:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NHL 2k10 Board Pinning

I've been wrestling with this forever. I can't, for the life of me, start a pin on a CPU opponent.

No matter what I try, I either just jostle the guy or end up getting a boarding penalty.

Anyone able to help with initiating a pin on the boards on 2k10? For XBOX or PS3, doesn't matter, I'm currently emulating the PS3 version and playing with an XBOX controller
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: NHL 2k10 Board Pinning

Are you playing PS3 or XBOX version. One of the patch note lines for Xbox patch that was released says pinning was made easier. This patch never released on PS3 though.... wonder if someone could engineer the patch to work from Xbox to PS3 should be possible as I remember people getting MW2 and other game patches converted years ago.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:03 PM   #3
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superballs
I've been wrestling with this forever. I can't, for the life of me, start a pin on a CPU opponent.

No matter what I try, I either just jostle the guy or end up getting a boarding penalty.

Anyone able to help with initiating a pin on the boards on 2k10? For XBOX or PS3, doesn't matter, I'm currently emulating the PS3 version and playing with an XBOX controller
It's kinda difficult, but the best way to initiate a board pin is to kinda coast towards a player near the boards and HOLD the RB (checking) button. It also depends what your player's attributes are. For example if you try to pin a player with Chris Neil he's just gonna sock the guy into the wall. If you try with Alfie he's likely gonna try to hit (and miss) the player. But if you try with Chris Phillips he's gonna pin him.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:50 PM   #4
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree with all the above. When I try to pin I am sure I am not holding the left stick to skate at all. Like Venom mentioned, get going, release the left stick so you are coasting toward and hold the bumper.

You'll get the hang of it but it isn't a perfect science. I have been playing a ton lately, so fun!
Old 05-05-2021, 11:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
It's kinda difficult, but the best way to initiate a board pin is to kinda coast towards a player near the boards and HOLD the RB (checking) button. It also depends what your player's attributes are. For example if you try to pin a player with Chris Neil he's just gonna sock the guy into the wall. If you try with Alfie he's likely gonna try to hit (and miss) the player. But if you try with Chris Phillips he's gonna pin him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I agree with all the above. When I try to pin I am sure I am not holding the left stick to skate at all. Like Venom mentioned, get going, release the left stick so you are coasting toward and hold the bumper.

You'll get the hang of it but it isn't a perfect science. I have been playing a ton lately, so fun!
Thanks to both of you, nice to see some old guard here that haven't been banned too.

I'll try that, I'm doing a Youtube series of a franchise. I had the XBOX360 version, but about three months after getting the game, I ran into red-ring issues, and have had two 360s die on me, so as of now I'm emulating the PS3 version since Xenia doesn't allow saving on 2k sports games.

Game looks fantastic in high resolutions though

I'll keep trying and when I get it, I'll do a Keith Apicary victory dance.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »