Home

The Riverside Tour: A Middlesbrough F.C. Dynasty (FIFA 09)

This is a discussion on The Riverside Tour: A Middlesbrough F.C. Dynasty (FIFA 09) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Riverside Tour: A Middlesbrough F.C. Dynasty (FIFA 09)

Since I have never been good with photo editing or anything related to that, I have a few questions. First, why does the photo above resize to full length and width even though I sized it down in my post? Also, maybe I could get some help with HTML. Specifically a table for standings and statistics with a picture as a header. (i.e. Premier League banner such as the one found here). Thanks for your help. I think I'm going to post this question in the HTML thread, just thought I'd put it here also.

Last edited by Inter4Life; 07-03-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #18
Rookie

The Sun

Jovetic and Rodwell Make Debut As Boro Pick Up Win

The Hawthorns, West Bromwich- After their most recent loss to Sunderland, Middlesbrough manager Jason Marad did not wait too long to make some changes. "To be honest, I was just looking to freshen up the team. That last loss was really a stunner, and tough to take. So I'd thought I would plug in some guys who weren't directly involved with that loss. Less chance of a player carrying that previous 'baggage' with them if they weren't on the pitch for the match" said Marad. Up front, the team's leading scorer, Tuncay, was removed to make room for new signing Stevan Jovetic. In the center of the midfield, Marad made two changes, one of which was surprising. Jack Rodwell replaced Didier Digard, which was expected. To the right of him, Julio Arca, the 26 year-old Argentinian, replaced Gary O'Neil. "Tuncay gives us a terrific scoring option off the bench. I do plan on rotating all three players as all of them have the ability to start. Arca has been doing well in training, and I felt his creativity would be a terrific balance with Rodwell" explained the manager.

The changes seemed to work beautifully as Middlesbrough came out moving the ball around the pitch with ease. Their first chance came in the 20th minute as newly appointed captain Scott Downing made a run down the left side of the field and crossed it into the box. His cross found Jovetic's head who placed the ball back-post to an oncoming Afonso Alves. However, Alves shot was directed right at the keeper. "I really should of put that one away. Without a doubt" said Alves. A mere 8 minutes later a corner from Downing which found the head of Arca just saild over the net. Then at the 30 minute mark, Huth won the ball at midfield and played Afonso Alves a terrific thru ball. Alves found himself all alone in the box and slotted the ball away with the outside of his right foot into the left corner. West Brom were nearly non existent on the offensive end.

The second half did not provide as much action offensively for Middlesbrough, as most of the play occurred in the midfield. However, in the 70th minute Jovetic showed just what a deadly striker he actually is as his shot from the top of the box rocketed back off the cross bar. Marad finished his comments with this, "I am happy with today's performance. Especially the way we bounced back from last week. The integration of these 3 new players into the starting eleven was smooth. As I said, I shall continue to rotate the 3 strikers. Also, for now, our midfield shall stay the same."

Middlesbrough now welcome Newcastle to Riverside as they will play the first leg of the second round of the Carling Cup. Newcastle's current form is as follows: D-L-D-L

Starting IX:

West Brpom (4-3-3):
S. Carson; G. Zuiverloon, J. Olsson, A. Meite, P. Robinson; Borja Valero, J. Greening, R. Koren; J. Morrison, J. Simpson, C. Brunt

Middlesbrough (4-4-2):

R. Turnball; J. Hoyte, R.Huth, D. Wheater, E. Pogatetz; M. Emnes, J. Rodwell, J. Arca, S Downing; Afonso Alves, S. Jovetic

Last edited by Inter4Life; 07-03-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #19
Rookie

Still here

But I did move my dynasty somewhere else. There's just more traffic on this site. I will still be active on OS, commenting on all the terrific dynasty's.

Hope you'll still follow. You can find it here.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:29 AM   #20
Rookie

Update.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/f...c-dynasty.html

Thanks for following
Old 07-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #21
Rookie

Im going to start copy and pasting my post on here. It's just better for you guys. Here you go:

League Standings And Top Scorers; Marad Comments On 'Pool Match

Top Scorers:

1. Wayne Rooney (5)

2. Ryan Giggs (4)

3. Fernando Torres (4)

4. Tim Cahill (4)

5. Nicolas Anelka (4)

6. Afonso Alves (3)

7. Robinho (3)

8. Robin van Persie (3)

9. Amr Zaki (3)

10. Xabi Alonso (3)

Not too many surprises in the league table, excluding the two bottom dwellers Tottenham and Newcastle. Middlesbrough, who currently sit in ninth, defeated the lowly Magpies 2-0 in their Carling Cup clash this past weekend.

League leaders Manchester United have the top two spots on the leading scorer list, with Rooney and Giggs tallying 4 and 5 goals. Liverpool have the most players in the top 10, with 3, but still themselves in 6th place. Afonso Alves was the lone Boro representative, with 3 goals.

Marad Comments On Liverpool

"Training has been terrific all week. The boys are determined and ready to prove themselves. The energy has been high as have the tempers. It is true that Arca and Downing got into a bit of a scuffle at training the other day. But it's over with, both players have made amends."

When asked about the possible starting lineup, he responded, "I can't give a definite answer. I have been rotating a few players during training, just to experiment. As of know, things shouldn't be much different from what they have been lately."

Finally, Marad addressed the talent of Liverpool, "Well, it's well Liverpool's class is well known around the world. Their entire starting eleven is pure class. Also, with Benitez leading them they become even more deadly. In order to beat them, we must respect them. They will make us pay for any mistakes. All great teams do, that's what makes them great."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #22
Rookie

Thriller At Riverside, But Boro Have Nothing To Show For It

55' Jovetic

19' Gerrard
29' Kuty

Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough-
Manager Jason Marad recently labeled this clash against one of the top title contenders, Liverpool, as "our true first test." Whether they passed or failed, depends on who you ask. "We played a strong game. There were some unfortunate mistakes, which they capitalized on. As the manager said they would. I know it's a loss, but there are some valuable lessons we can take from it. Also, I feel as if we showed the rest of the league we can play with the best of the best" said the emotional right back Hoyte. However, when Marad commented on the game, he gave a different perspective, "Did we play a strong game? Yeah, sure we did. But that gets whipped right of the damn table because we walked away with no points. All that matters is the result, and today, we didn't get the job done."

Marad's starting eleven featured no surprises, as the striker tandem of Afonso Alves and Jovetic remained the same up front. Liverpool got off to a strong start when Captain Fantastic, Steven Gerrard received a pass from Xabi Alonso at the 25 yard line, which Alonso gathered off a bad clearance, and ripped a blast with his right foot. Turnbull got a tip to it, but the ball hit the left post and went in. "I said it the other day. Great teams will make you pay for silly mistakes" said Marad. It was another blunder which gave Liverpool their second goal of the day. Riera crossed the ball from the left side, which Pogatetz tried to clear but it went straight to the feet of Dirk Kuyt. He calmly used the outside of his right foot to put the ball into the left side netting. In the 33rd minute, disaster struck. Torres came in on a very late tackle on Wheater, who went down, and stayed down. He was taken off for Digard, who moved into the middle and pushed Rodwell to the center back position. "He's fine. It's much more of a minor injury than we originally expected. It's just a groin strain. He will back for the next match" said a staff member. Boro's only chance came in the 37th minute when Afonso Alves received a thru ball inside the box from Arca, but his shot went wide left.

Coming into the second half the manager made no changes. At the 50 minute mark, Mascherano was given his second yellow for a tackle from behind on Julio Arca. "It was a physical game. But we must adjust to certain situations and be able to perform" said the captain Scott Downing. In the 55th minute Middlesbrough finally struck. Hoyte had the ball on the right flank, he played the it to Arca who then played to Alves standing at the top of the box. He slipped the ball behind the Liverpool defense to an oncoming Jovetic who one timed it with his left foot into the right side of the net. "It feels good to get the first one out of the way. Hopefully there's many more to come" said the striker. At the 70th minute mark, Tuncay came on for Afonso Alves. It was at the 90th minute where the true climax of the drama occurred. Jovetic settled the ball in the left corner, then crossed the ball to an awaiting Digard. His header was goal bound until it hit the left post and Reina gobbled it up. "It's unfortunate. That would of been great, but you must move on" said Digard.

Starting XI:

Middlesbrough (4-4-2):
R. Turnball; J. Hoyte, R.Huth, D. Wheater, E. Pogatetz; M. Emnes, J. Rodwell, J. Arca, S Downing (45' G. O'Neil); Afonso Alves (45' Tuncay), S. Jovetic

Liverpool (4-4-1-1):
Reina, Arbeloa, J. Carragher, D. Agger, Fabio Aurelio; D. Kuyt, Xabi Alonso, J. Mascherano, Riera; S. Gerrard; F. Torres

NEXT MATCH:

Recent Form: W-L-W-D-L
Top Performers:
RS, R. Santa Cruz (7.83 rating in 6 matches)
LCM, R. Dunn (7.67 rating in 6 matches)
Scoring Slump:
RM, E. Diouf (0 goals in 6 matches)
Position:
Blackburn currently sit in 9th with 8 points.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #23
Rookie

73' R. Santa Cruz

Boro Drop Another Game

Ewood Park, Blackburn- There was no post game conference from the manager, just a few words for the fans as he stormed off the pitch into the locker rooms, "Terrible. Absolutely terrible. That's how I would describe this f***ing match. No passion. No desire. We just went through the motions. The team should of let me know they were going to play like this, I would of stayed home with my kids and watched them on the tele" said Marad. This is the second consecutive loss for Boro, who find themselves falling in the table, fast. "We really need to pick it up. Is it time to panic? No, I don't think so, it's still early in the season. But some more play like this, and crisis mode in inevitable" said the captain Downing.

Marad gave Tuncay his first start since Joevtic's arrival, following through with his comments that he plans on rotating the 3 strikers. It took 25 minutes for Blackburn to strike, as Santa Cruz beat Pogatetz on the right side and crossed it into the box. A wide open McCarthy headed the ball into the net but was flagged offside and the goal was disallowed. Middlesbrough struck back 3 minutes later with their first chance off a corner from Downing which found Rodwell's head, but the ball just sailed over the crossbar. In similar fashion in the 38th minute, Tuncay headed a Downing corner inches over the bar.

For most of the second half, chances were few and far between as both teams struggled for possession. However, Blackburn delivered the dagger in the 73rd minute. Santa Cruz dribbled at the top of the box towards the left side then suddenly cut back to the right, creating just enough space between him and the defender for a shot. He took it and it was brilliant, as the ball sailed perfectly into the upper right hand corner, impossible for Turnball to reach. "Obviously we're disappointed, everyone is. It's still early in the season, and we need to move on and forget about these loses. Dwelling on them will not make things better" said Jovetic.

Starting XI:

Middlesbrough (4-4-2):

R. Turnball; J. Hoyte, R.Huth, D. Wheater, E. Pogatetz; M. Emnes, J. Rodwell, J. Arca, S Downing (45' G. O'Neil); Tuncay, S. Jovetic

Blackburn Rovers (4-4-2):
P. Robinson; A. Ooijer, C. Samba, R. Nelson, S. Warnock; E. Diouf, K. Andrews, D. Dunn, M. Pedersen; R. Santa Cruz, B. McCarth

NEXT MATCH:

Current Form: W-L-W-L-D
Position: 14th with 7 points
Top 20 Clean Sheets:
J. Jaaskelainen in 16th with 2
Top 20 Goal Scorer: RW, J. Elmander in 7th with 4
Top Performer: CM, F. Muamba with a rating of 7.57 in 7 matches

Last edited by Inter4Life; 07-07-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #24
Rookie

Boro Break Losing Streak At Riverside

90' Jovetic

Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough- Coming off their latest loss to Blackburn, their second straight, moral was low in the Boro locker room, and everyone could feel it. "Yeah, you could definitely sense some uneasiness. Listen, we're not known as one of the top clubs in England, for now. So, when we hit a rough patch, people do begin to wonder if we will ever bounce back. And as players, we do also" said Turnball. Scoring chances in this match began rather quickly, when Jovetic had the ball at midfield and played a wonderful thru ball to Afonso Alves in the 5th minute, he found himself one on one with the goalie. He tried to put the ball into the right corner, but Jaaskelainen made a terrific save. Bolton struck back 3 minutes later when Bashman controlled the ball at the top of the box then chipped the ball into the right corner to an oncoming McCann. McCann crossed the ball and found a wide open Muamba who volleyed the ball but Turnball made a terrific save. The scoring chances continued to flood in when in the 14th minute, Jovetic's header off a Downing corner hit the cross bar. The final chance of the half came when Rodwell made an amazing box to box run off a Bolton corner then back healed the ball to Jovetic who was making a run into the box but his shot was saved again by the keeper.

"He had alot of involvement in the game. That's great to see from a young striker, some confidence and aggression, but he needs to finish some of those chances. He's still very young, so that will come with experience" said Marad. In the 65th minute Marad brought on Tuncay to replace Afonso Alves. Tuncay got his chance in the 75th minute but his header from an Emnes cross was met by a diving save from
Jaaskelainen. In the 80th minute it seemed as if Boro would finally take the lead when Tuncay played the ball across the box to Joevtic, needing to only slip the ball into the left corner for an easy finish, he opted to go right and his shot was saved. "I made a split second decision, and I felt as if it was right one. I though the keeper was leaning left, so I went right. I should of finished it" said Jovetic. Jovetic redeemed himself in the 90th minute with a moment of pure individual brilliance. Emnes, off a bad clearance from Bolton, headed the ball to Jovetic who slipped past two defenders inside the box the slammed the ball into the right corner with his left foot.

"Considering the results of the past two games and the number of chances we had in this game, a tie here would of been terrible. Our spirits were already very low and tying a game we know we should of won, would of just closed the casket on us. In terms of play, it was a little sloppy and the finishing was not so good but we got the three points, so I can't complain" said the manager.

Starting XI:

Middlesbrough (4-4-2):
R. Turnball; J. Hoyte, R.Huth, D. Wheater, E. Pogatetz; M. Emnes, J. Rodwell, J. Arca, S Downing; Afonso Alves (65' Tuncay), S. Jovetic

Bolton Wanderers (4-5-1):
J. Jaaskelainen; G. Steinsson, G. Cahill, A. O'Brien, J. Samuel; G. McCann, F. Muamba, C. Basham, J. Elmander, K. Davies; M. Taylor

NEXT MATCH:

Weak Link:
RCB, M. Turner 7.13 rating in 8 matches
Poor Assistance: CF, Geovanni O assists in 8 matches
Weak Link: LB, A. Dawson 7.00 rating in 8 matches
Recent Form: L-L-L-W-D
Position: Currently in 20th with 2 points. Hull City have yet to record a victory this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »