Home

The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4)

This is a discussion on The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet
Great job man, this is good, and your a very good writer. By the way, you posted the same thing twice. Just wanted to let you know.
Thanks for reading, man. I didn't even notice
Old 12-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Golden Gloves Tournament Match 3: Vincent DiMare vs. Erwin Berry

This time around I was getting in the ring with a fellow Brooklyn native, Erwin Berry. I've seen him around and I know how popular he is on the circuit. This was one of the most talked about matches of the tournament. One of us was going to the Championship fight to face another fighter from my dad's stable, Balthasar Coleman. Now I know how Balthasar fights because we've been training together for a while, so I figured the match between the two of us would be epic championship material. Pops already knew where my mind was.

“Get your mind on this fight. Don't worry about the championship. You've got to get past Berry first,”

“I'm ready, Pops. Really. I'm focused, man.”

“Focused my ***. Don't get knocked out of this tournament, Erwin is probably going to be your toughest opponent by far.”

Maybe I wasn't as focused as I thought. That's what ran through my mind when dude hit me square in the face and left my *** stunned for a minute. I could hear my dad's voice in the background, telling me to grab him before he knocked me to the mat. I managed to hold on to him until I got my balance back.

"Don't be a b—h now, Vincenzo,” he said in my ear. “Daddy won't like that if you do.” Then he pushed me off.

I went to the corner and I was mad. My dad could tell.

“Sit your *** down, boy! Settle down and don't let that one punch get you off your game. This is what is going to separate you from him right now. How is this going to effect you? Collect yourself and get back out there. You're doing good.”

Round number two was all mine. I had back on his heels a few times. I could tell he wasn't ready for me. I've grown a lot as a fighter since the last time we faced each other and he was going to find out today. I could taste the knockout, but every time I had him dazed he managed to block his way out of going down. It was starting to piss me off.

“Vince, you're doing great. Just keep following your jab. He'll go down soon enough. I know it what's it like to want that knockout. If it goes down to the cards, you'll win hands down. Be aggressive, but not to aggressive. You may make a mistake.”

It all came to a head in the third round. It was like everything went out of the window and we just started slugging the **** out of each other in the middle of the ring. One of us was going to have to win this fight. Nobody wanted this to go to the cards. It was KO or nothing by this point.

My dad wasn't too impressed with me.

“Sit down! What are you doing? You don't want to slug it out with him. You wasting too much energy doing that. Find yourself an opening and then take your shot. You got that. If it goes to the cards so be it.”

This was it. Round four. All or nothing. He came out throwing haymakers, and I managed to block a few. He threw one to the gut that knocked the wind out of me a little, but I was glad I didn't take that shot to the face. I danced around a bit to get my stamina back. He came at me with some jabs forcing me into the ropes. He tried to follow with that bolo wind up, but I dodged it to the right and smashed him a hook. That shot left him reeling. And it got me off the ropes. I started to attack him with jabs and body shots until he crumpled to the mat. It was almost like I didn't want to stop punching him. The referee sent me to my corner. The buzzer signaled ten seconds before the ref started the count and he only got up to eight seconds before the round was over, but I didn't care. I knocked him out. Of course, they went to the cards and I won by decision, but as far as I was concerned, it was knock out.

Now it was time to take what I really came to the tournament for.

Last edited by ChosenOne58; 12-25-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Golden Gloves Championship Match: Vincent DiMare vs. Balthasar Coleman

“It's starts right here, right now. Let's do this.”

I was sitting in the locker room waiting for the match to begin. My dad had just left and I was just taking a moment to reflect. I was listening to Biggie Smalls and Too Short on my iPod. They were talking about pimps and hos and I was thinking about every moment it took for me to get here.

-------------------------

“I don't wanna do this anymore, Dad!”

“Yeah, you're gonna do it. We are fighters. This is what we do. I put a stop to my career for you, boy....”

“I didn't ask you to stop boxing.” I stormed out of the gym. I didn't want to hear anymore of this. He always tries to throw that **** in my face. I was tired of losing fights. I was going home to my mother. She'll put a stop to this madness.

“You know you don't have to do this if you don't want to, Vincent. You're father and I love no matter what.”

“No, he doesn't. He just says that. He says being a fighter is in my blood. This is my destiny, mom.”

“You're only 14. You don't know what you're destiny is. I just want you to be happy.”

“I just don't like doing it everyday. I want to hang out with my friends. I want to go to the movies. I'm tired of sitting in that hot gym all day.”

“Well do you want to or not?”

I wanted to because I got to spend time with my father that I never did doing other things. But I didn't want to because he never let me do anything else.

“This young up and coming boxer is really making a name for himself in the tournament this year. Vince DiMare, Jr. is burning up the competition in the Tournament this year. His father, former boxer Vincenzo DiMare, Sr., appears to be beaming with pride. Senior was boxer with a an average career. He won a few local matches here and there, but never really took off. But his son seems to be on a path to surpassing his achievements by leaps and bounds.”

“You're right, this match against DiMare and Erwin Berry seems to be one for the record books. The more experienced Berry seems to have his hands full tonight. This one just may go to the cards as we get ready to start the third round.”

I was feeling good. I was ready to get to work. The fight was better than I expected it to be. I wasn't supposed to be in the chmapionship fight and I should have been knocked out before the end of the first round. The bell sounded and I hopped out of my chair ready to take Erwin on. What I wasn't ready for was....

“Did you see that, Bob? Berry came out with fists of fury and he finished it off with a an uppercut that has left Junior stunned! He is trying to hold on to Berry so that he can stay on his feet. Berry pushes him off. He lasts another blast to the head and down he goes!”

Before I knew it, it was over. My dad said it was okay, but I sat in the shower and I cried for about 10 minutes. I felt 14 again. I really didn't want to do this anymore.

“Son, you can't stay in your room forever. Why don't you go outside or something? Sam and Fredo have been coming by and calling.”

“Just leave me alone, Dad, alright?”

I felt my bed sag under his weight as he sat down. “Look, Vince, this match can only make you or break you. If you want to hang up the gloves, hang them up. And we're not going to go back to it again. You can go play basketball or something. But if you're a DiMare man. And I know you are. You are going to want to go back next year and be better and bring that title back. Especially knowing the road to the title is through Erwin Berry.”

The more I thought about it, the more I knew he was right.

---------------------------

“Vince DiMare, Jr. is back and he is back with a sense of purpose, Bob! He seems to be taking every fight personally, especially this match against Erwin Berry. He fell to Berry's hands last year and lost his shot at the title, but after a slow first round he looks to be taking it to Berry this time around.”

“You're right, Tom. He wants it all and after that slug fest in the third round, I can't wait to see how the fourth round turns out.”

------------------------

“Down goes Berry! Down goes Berry! This match is over! It looks like he was saved by the bell and this fight will be ruled a decision, but Junior definitely would have won this match by a knockout.”

I knew the fight was going to be good, but I didn't think it would be this good. I don't think he has worked this hard while we trained. I guess he was holding some back since I was Vince Jr. My dad decided not to work with either one of us although Balthasar seemed cool with him being in my corner since I was his son and everything. But he decided to sit back with my mom and sisters and watch his pupils do battle.

And what a battle it was. I know that Balthasar has a lot of power, so I wasn't trying to get in the way of any of his punches. I knew he was going to come at me with his power. He rocked me a few times, but I rocked him too. Neither of us gave an inch the entire way through and I managed to win the fight by 2-1 decision.

Along with being tournament champ, I was awarded Fighter of the Tournament.

At the end of the match, my dad climbed into the ring and gave me a huge hug.

I found my mother, sisters, my two best friends Sam and Alfredo. My mother gave me kiss on the cheek and told me how proud she was of me. For her to be there, was huge. My mother told me how proud she was of me. I looked over my mom shoulder to see my dad talking to an older looking gentleman. They were smiling and shaking hands, so I walked over to see what it was about.

“Son, this is Doc Stevens. One of the best corner men in the game. He's better than Angelo Dundee. Knows his ****.”

I shook Doc's hand. “Nice to meet you, sir.”

“I like him, Vince. Respectful. Well, are you ready to go pro, kid?”

“Hell yeah, I'm ready.”

“That's good,” my dad said with a smile. “Tomorrow, you rest. Tonight, we celebrate. “
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 01:15 AM   #12
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Phone Call

I awoke to the sound of Jay-Z's DOA coming from my cell phone. Who could be calling me at ten thirty in the morning on a Saturday?

My head was throbbing. After the match we went to Marco Polo in Carroll Gardens. Then my friends I and went out to get a bit of the Brooklyn night life. Downtown Brooklyn is the place to be. I love this city, I don't think I'd ever leave. We partied all night. Got into a few spots after letting everybody know I brought the gloves back to BK. It was a good night. My homeboy Alfredo hooked it up. He took care of everything, drinks, transportation, everything. Fredo always takes of everything. His family is into some mobster type ****, I don't ask any questions. I just party.

I cleaned up well in a fresh pair of gray wool Clae shoes and a pair of Billionaire Boys Club jeans. There were women left and right, trying to get close to the man with lethal hands. There was in particular that caught my eye, her name was, uh.....Shan-, Shon-, Shondra. Yeah. Shondra. Real pretty. She was about 5-5, caramel skin, long, pretty hair – and it was all hers, she let my run my fingers through it. I think she might have a little Indian in her blood. She's from the south, Tennessee, Georgia, one of them states. I think she said she was visiting some relatives and was hanging out with some of her cousins. We danced a bit, exchanged numbers and that was that.

I'd say I got in between three and four this morning. So of course I'm pissed that the phone is ringing at this God forsaken hour. I didn't even open my eyes, I just hit the talk button....

“Hello.”

“Word around Brooklyn is that this slick Italian cat won the Golden Gloves last night.”

A smile crept across my face after hearing that voice. Kristin Cage. KC, as I like to call her. I'd like to call her something else, but we're just friends. For now.

“You heard right, Miss. But couldn't we go over the details a little later? Say around five this evening?”

“Wow. You, Fredo, and Sam must have hit Brooklyn pretty hard last night. I guess I'll catch up with you later then, Vince.”

“Later.”

Now, me and Kristin go way back. All the way back to like fourth grade. Her mom had just passed and kids were making fun of her about it and I sort of beat them up. We've been tight ever since. I've never let anybody harm her. I was like her watchdog. I started digging on her around junior year, but she wouldn't even give me a chance. She's a good girl. She knows all my dirt, so there's no way she'd have any part of me.

I guess it's for the best. She's heading to the Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago after graduation and I'm going to try and establish myself as a boxer. So there really would be no time to cultivate a relationship. But if I settled down and left these girls alone, it'd be for her.....but who says I'm ready to settle down?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:16 AM   #13
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

No Time to Waste

“Come on, son. Get up. We got things to do.”

My dad was tripping this morning. It felt like I just closed my eyes again and here he was knocking on the door.

“Give me a few more hours.”

“Vince, its after one. How many more hours do you think you're gonna get? How are you going to be a contender if you just want to sleep your life away? You think Winky Wright and Floyd Mayweather are asleep at one in the afternoon?”

“I don't know, but I'm sure they get a day off,”
I said from under my pillow. He is really not letting up.

“Get your *** in the shower and meet me downstairs in an hour. I'm not coming back up here, V.”

He shut the door to my room. I listened to him head back down the stairs. I lay in the bed for a while longer with the pillow over my face. The sun was too damn bright. I'm getting some blackout blinds as soon as I make enough money to get my own place.

I might as well get this day started. I don't know what could be so important......

“I'm glad you decided to get up,” my dad said, rising from his chair. “I was on my way back up there.”

“Nah, there's no need for that. So what's so urgent that the champ can't get any rest?”

“You said you were ready to turn pro, didn't you?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Well, I have a fight lined up for you. Remember Brodie Lucas from the tournament? Kid from Texas? You face off against him in two months. That means you need to get in the gym and get in the gym soon. This will be a nice introduction into the professional ranks for you.”

“Where's the fight?”

“It's at the New York Training Gym. July 10.”

“Damn. That's like right before my birthday.”

“Yeah, I know, but I wanted to give you enough time to train and get ready for your first fight. We really gotta hit the gym and get off to a solid start.”

“Can he at least wait until after the prom before he gets in the gym, Vincenzo,”
my mom said entering the kitchen from the living room. When she called him Vincenzo she wasn't too pleased. “Now, I let you push him into this tournament and he did all this training, all but killing his studies and his social life, can he at least do one thing normal high school students do?”

My dad threw his hands up in defeat. I kissed my mom on the cheek for buying my at least a week without having to train like a maniac. I'd just have to do a little cardio on my own everyday. I can handle that.

Now back to that phone call......
Old 01-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #14
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Looking For a Date

Sunday afternoon. I'm getting some fresh air and trying to close on a deal. I couldn't believe I was having this discussion for what felt like the twentieth time.

“I am not going to the prom with you, Vincent. I'm going with Erwin and you know that.”

“But why go with that clown when you can go with me?”

“Because he asked me first. You snooze, you lose. You look like you were having more fun hugging that Everlast punching bag.”

“He asked you first? What kind of garbage is that, Kristin?"

"It is what it is, V."

"That's why I busted his *** up at the Golden Gloves, he didn't hug his bag enough. Beisdes, I'm your boy. He doesn't even go to Loughlin. That's weak. You know Fredo got us the hookup on the limo and we're having an after party. It's going to be hot. But your boy ain't invited. The only way you can party is to party with the Triad.”

“I can't believe you still call yourselves that,”
she said with a laugh.

The Triad was the nickname we gave each other back in the eighth grade. We used to be the three muskateers, but I think we out grew that. The triad consisted of me, and my boys Fredo and Sam. We've been tight since third grade. None of us have younger or older brothers, so we consider ourselves to be brothers from different mothers. We're thick as thieves. I have the looks, Fredo has all the connects, and Sam was the brains and made sure we kept our asses out of trouble.

“Why not? That's my crew. Nothing is going to change that. So you rolling with me to the prom or not,” I said as we got to her front door.

“Not. You better go get at one of those females that are always sniffing around you at school all day.”

“Yeah, I guess I'd better,”
I said as I was turning to head back to the house. “Save a dance for me?”

“I'll think about it.”

She's always acting like she isn't interested in the kid, but she and I both know otherwise. I can tell by the way she looks at me.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #15
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Me and My Crew

It's hot as hell in the gym at Ortiz Fitness. I am doing my circuit training and my dad is really making sure I get it in since I had a few days off, thanks to my mom.

“You won't ever want to take a break again, kid. I can promise you that,” he said as I picked up the speed rope and waited for him to signal that my time was about to start.

Not to mention that I ran three miles before and after school today. Dad says endurance is key, I'm about to start fighting longer matches and I have to be able to keep my energy level up. But this is ridiculous.

Workouts were finally over and I began a slow and somewhat painful walk to the house to clear my head. I noticed Fredo and Sam standing nearby. I yelled to my dad that I'd catch up with him at home and I went to chat with my guys.

“Waddup, Champ,” said Fredo as he reached for my hand to dap me up. “I see Big Vince is back to busting your *** in the gym. You shouldn't have taken that time off, kid.”

“Yeah, but I ain't tripping. He has a fight lined up for me against a dude I fought in the tournament this summer. I'm on my way fellas.”

“That's what's up,”
said Sam. “Look at you, man. Getting ready to be a big time boxer and ****. But by the time you really make a name for yourself, I'll be done with school and I can roll with you on the road, when I'm not balling in the League.”

“School? Did they make you an offer?”

“Hell, yeah, they did.”

Sam is a baller for real. He's a point guard and stands a little taller than me at six foot two. He's like the second coming of Mark Jackson around here. He is finally giving people something to talk about at Loughlin besides the damn track team. He's been talking about playing ball at Syracuse for as long as we can remember. He really started talking big about Syracuse after Carmelo Anthony took them to the NCAA Championship in 2003. Not to mention 'Melo was born in the Hooks so he was really feeling it then. So his dream is finally coming true. Next thing you know he'll be talking about playing for Denver or some ****.

“We have to celebrate, fellas! Fredo, I know you have something lined up for our boy.”

“He wants to keep it under wraps until the athletic banquet at the end of the month, but you know we're going to have to mix it in with the after party whether he wants to or not,”
said Fredo. “Speaking of the after party...is Kristin still going with Erwin?”

I kicked at nothing on the ground, “Yeah, she still going with that clown. I should've busted his nose or something in that fight. So he wouldn't be nothing too good to look at.”

“I don't even know why you keep chasing after her. She's knows how you are. That's why you'll never get a chance. You'll f—k anything in a skirt, son.”

“Whatever. Look, I gotta get home for dinner,”
I said glancing down at my cell phone ringing in my hand. It was my mom. Dinner was ready. “I'll catch up with y'all at school tomorrow, aight?”

We dapped each other up and went our separate ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #16
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

The Setup

I was cleaning out my locker when I felt something or rather someone familiar nudge at my leg. It was the same nudge that had been there all year.....Alyson Porter.

Alyson occupied the locker space beneath mine and she always managed to bump into my leg when she was putting her books away. I stood over her as she cleaned out some of her things.

“You know you could you just say excuse me.”

She looked up at me and gave me one of those sexy *** smiles like she always does. “But then you wouldn't be able to look down my shirt like you're doing right now.” She stood and looked me over. Almost like she was undressing me with her eyes. “Would you?”

“I don't know what you're talking about.”
That was a lie.

Alyson was one of those girls that got noticed at young age. She started developing at about 12 or 13. All the boys are always sniffing around her, but not me. I always played it cool with those types. Let the game come to me.

“I know it's probably a little late, but I was wondering do you have a date for the prom? I mean, it's next week, but if you aren't going with anybody, maybe we can go together?”

“You telling me, you don't have a date?”
That was hard to believe. I looked over her shoulder and noticed someone watching us. Fredo. Figured as much. “Yeah, I guess we could do that. I'll get with my people and I'll get you the details tomorrow.”

I pulled out my phone to program her number and she took it out of my hand and called her cell from mine. After she stored my number, she put my phone back in my pocket. And let her hand do a little extra roaming. “You do that.”

As she was walking away, Fredo walked up with a big, stupid grin on his face.

“I can't believe she wants to go to the prom with you! You are one lucky bastard. I wish I had Christina Milian's twin on my arm. And you trying to stand here all cool and ****. I can't believe you were seriously trying to go with Kristin when you could have locked that up a long time ago. I know you gonna smash that at the after party. Then we can definitely get the hook up on all the shoes with her discount at Foot Locker.”

“You want me to smash for some damn shoes?! You stupid, man. It's not even like that with Alyson and you know it.”

“You a fool. That girl is 'poking holes' fine. She could have my baby, son”
he said with a laugh.

“Nah, you the fool, son.” Just then the bell rang, signaling the start of the next period. “I'll catch up with you.” I dapped him up and headed down the hall.

When Fredo is right he's right. She was coming on strong. I probably could smash that after prom. But I don't know if I want to. But I am a man, why wouldn't I?

I guess time will tell....

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »