Home

The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4)

This is a discussion on The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5
The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4)

I have this posted on another site, but I think you guys would enjoy it as well. I've been inspired by a lot of the RTG and My Player stories that I've read so I decided to flex my creative muscle and write from a player's perspective and not just post game recaps.

This is going to be story driven, I hope you guys enjoy it.

Last edited by ChosenOne58; 12-04-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Table of Contents

Table of Contents

Round 1 - 2009
Introduction
Silver and Gold
Golden Gloves Tournament Match 1 vs. Brodie Lucas
Golden Gloves Tournament Match 2 vs. Barnaby Warren
Golden Gloves Tournament Match 3 vs. Erwin Berry
Golden Gloves Championship Match vs. Balthasar Coleman
Phone Call
No Time to Waste
Looking for a Date
Me and My Crew
The Setup
Prom Night
After Party
Welcome to Graduation
Big Surprises -- Not the Good Kind: Part 1
Big Surprises -- Not the Good Kind: Part 2
Getting to Know You
A Little Something on the Side
July 10, 2009 vs. Brodie Lucas (NY Training Gym)
Meet the Parents
New Kid on the Block
Saying Goodbye....For Now
I've Got a Proposition for You
Slowing Down
Surprise Visitor
Finding Our Missing Link
Guess Who's Coming to Town
Counting Down
Playing Catch Up
Stolen Moment
November 11: vs. Nestor Watkins (Windy City Boxing Gym)
Run In
Getting Serious
Christmas Shopping
Big Surprises - Not the Kind (Part 3)

Round 2 - 2010
Starting Over
February 5, 2010 vs. Darren Ramirez (NY Training Gym)
Be Mine
Even the Best Laid Plans....
Getting Called Out
Easy Money
Hat in My Hand
To Stay or Not to Stay
Unexpected Guest
Change of Scenery
Rematch (Nestor Watkins)
Run In...Again
Making My Name
Birthday Wishes
Distractions
ESPN Wednesday Night Fights: August 11, 2010 vs. Erwin Berry (Aragon Ballroom)
House Hunting
Don't Make Me Choose
Digging Myself Deeper
Welcome to the Big Easy
ESPN Wednesday Night Fights: November 10, 2010 vs. Chuck Rose (State Palace Theater)
A Familiar Face
False Alarm
I Accept
My Best Friend's Graduation
Stop Calling
Housewarming Party

Round 3 - 2011
What Happens in New Orleans
ESPN Friday Night Fights: January 21, 2011 - Alex Meyer (Royal London Theater - UK)
Across the Pond
A Piece of the Action
Destination: Los Angeles

Last edited by ChosenOne58; 10-26-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Introduction

“That's it. Don't stand still. Move around, son.”

It's hot. I'm tired. Sweat is starting to burn my eyes. But I can't stop. I do this for him, I do this for me. I do this for us. Or at least that's what I've been told.

My name is Vincenzo Elliot DiMare, Jr. Everybody calls me Vince. Half Black. Half Italian. I'm a fighter. At least that what my father wants me to be. He's been grooming me for this since I was about 8 years old.

Dad was a boxer in the seventies. He's seen guys like Sugar Ray Leonard and Wilfred Benitez. I'd have to say Jake LaMotta is his all time favorite. He didn't go too far in the sport because when he found that my mom was pregnant with me, he decided to slow down and pass on what he learned before he forgot most of it. He was 31 years old, so I guess he figured it was time for him to retire anyways. That's when he started training fighters instead. He couldn't get out of the gym so he figured this was the best way to keep in contact with the sport he loved.

When I was a kid, he got me my first set of boxing gloves, but I really wasn't into that. I liked baseball, so he allowed me to play in Little League for a few years. I thought I was going to be the next Joe Dimaggio or Jackie Robinson, but my pop still had boxing on the brain. He would take me to the gym whenever the season was over and I'd watch him train guys and sometimes I'd shadow box in the corner.

One afternoon, I guess I'd have to say I was about 12, dad asked me to go in and spar with this young kid that he was helping to prepare for the New York Golden Gloves because his partner was sick. Now I'm a pretty nice size for an 12 year old, standing at five feet four and weighing about 110 pounds and since this guy was training for the flyweight division, he figured I'd be just as good an opponent as anyone else.

“You don't have to do much, but give him a good fight okay, son? Remember to jab like I showed you and move your feet. Don't stand still.”

Needless to say the rest is pretty much history, after my father saw how well I handled myself against this 16 year old kid, he figured it was time that I put the bat and ball down and put those gloves back on.

Let's go back to the Golden Gloves Tournament to catch you up. Then we'll pick up at the start of my career as a professional boxer.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:50 AM   #4
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Silver and God

I'd been working out with my dad pretty well over the years although my mom and younger sisters weren't too fond of it.

“Why does he have to become a boxer, Vincent? Why can't he plan to go to college like other kids his age? He's almost 18, he shouldn't be doing this. This is a man's sport. He should be worried about the prom.”

“That's exactly why he's doing this, Karen. It's a man's sport. You should really see him, he's good. You didn't even come to the Silver Gloves to watch him compete. And he was really close to winning the 16 year old division at the Golden Gloves. But this year, he's going all the way.”

I love when my parents talk like I'm not even in the room. We were sitting at the table having dinner and discussing my favorite topic. Me.

My dad is really pushing me to go forward with the Golden Gloves this year, I've gotten taller than I was last year, I'm now a full six feet and I've put on a few more pounds. I'm considered a middleweight in boxing since I weigh 157 pounds, which is close to the max for a professional. So I think I'm going to keep the weight right were it is. I can see myself going at it with guys like Winky Wright, and Oscar de la Hoya, and Roy Jones Jr. Those are some of my favorite boxers. But I digress, back to the dinner conversation.

“Mom, I like boxing. It gives me and Dad a chance to hang out and I'm really, really good at it. I really wish you would come and see me in the Golden Gloves tournament before you have to pay big money to see me a s a professional fighter,” I said with a smirk. Then my old man hit her with his puppy dog face, so I threw mine on too. She can't resist that. We're her two favorite men.

“Fine I'll go the tournament. You just better not hurt yourself.”

“Hurt this face? I don't think so,” I said with a laugh.

But maybe she'd better come to a few sparring sessions just to see what it looks like when I do get hit.....
Old 12-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #5
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Golden Gloves National Tournament Match 1 Vincent DiMare vs. Brodie Lucas

The time had finally arrived and I was about to see if all that training was going to pay off. I was facing a kid named Brodie Lucas from Houston, TX. My mind was racing. I was ready to get in and get started, I sized him up pretty good. He was shorter than me, but not by much. We touched gloves, went to our corners and waited on the bell.

He had a traditional stance, but I waited for him to swing first. My dad said its always good to gauge your opponent. I had to see what type of fighter he was. He picked his shots. But he was slow. I figured since he was a small guy, he'd be pretty quick. By him punching so slow that left him open a lot and allowed me to land a few punches without having to get in close.

I felt the first round was in my favor, and Pop confirmed it for me.

You're looking good out there. This kid is slow and he leaves himself open. If he goes for that hook again, parry and go for a shot right in his face. It should be enough to leave him dazed. And keep working the body. You're looking real good.”

Pop was right. I came out, Woods threw the hook and I punched him square in the face. He staggered back and I didn't waste anytime going to work. I managed to knock him down, thinking that I'm going to win by a KO in my first match. But he got up by the count of six.

The rest of the match was more of the same. He couldn't seem to recover from that knock down so he was really tentative the rest of the match. I won by a unanimous decision 40-35 on all cards. I landed 62% of my punches which was more than half. Pop seemed proud of me too.

That was just the first round. It's going to get tougher as this tournament goes on.”

I bet it was.....

Last edited by ChosenOne58; 07-21-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 02:11 AM   #6
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Golden Gloves National Tournament Match 2 Vincent DiMare vs. Barnaby Warren

Barnaby Warren proved to be more of the same as Lucas was. He didn't put up much of a fight and I wasn't even expecting this thing to go the full four rounds. Where in the hell are they finding these fighters?

He left his face wide open every time and as a result, I knocked him down in the second round and twice in the fourth round, but the second time he went down in the fourth, he stayed down. My first KO! I was really feeling myself.

“Don't get too full of pride, son. We still have work to do.”

“What are you talking about, Pop? You saw me out there. I laid that fool out.”

“Alright, alright. You got Erwin Berry up next. He won this tournament last year, as you well know, this ain't gonna be a cake walk....”

I wasn't worried about that. This ain't last year.

--------------------

"4!"

"5!"

"6!"

This **** can't be over. It's only the third round. But I can't get my body to cooperate with my mind. I keep screaming in my head,
"Get up dammit!" I'm in a daze. I roll over on my side and try to pull myself together. But my head just keeps swimming. Did this have dude weights in his gloves? ****.

"Get up, son."

I look over at my dad almost pleading from corner. I can't seem to get to my feet though.

"7!"

"8!"

"9!"

I take one more last ditch effort, but my legs are like spaghetti.

"10! It's over."

The bell sounds and I can feel the floor vibrating under the weight of new champ Erwin Berry and his corner's celebrating. I managed to crawl over to my dad and I begin apologizing.

"It's okay, Vince. You gave it your best shot. You'll be back next year."

Damn right, I'll be back....

--------------------

This ain't even close to last year, I thought to myself.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #7
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Golden Gloves Tournament Match 2 Vincent DiMare, Jr. vs. Barnaby Warren

Barnaby Warren proved to be more of the same as Lucass was. He didn't put up much of a fight and I wasn't even expecting this thing to go the full four rounds. Where in the hell are they finding these fighters?

He left his face wide open every time and as a result, I knocked him down in the second round and twice in the fourth round, but the second time he went down in the fourth, he stayed down. My first KO! I was really feeling myself.

“Don't get too full of pride, son. We still have work to do.”

“What are you talking about, Pop? You saw me out there. I laid that fool out.”

“Alright, alright. You got Erwin Berry up next. He won this tournament last year, as you well know, this ain't gonna be a cake walk....”

I wasn't worried about that. This ain't last year.

--------------------

"4!"

"5!"

"6!"

This **** can't be over. It's only the third round. But I can't get my body to cooperate with my mind. I keep screaming in my head, "Get up dammit!" I'm in a daze. I roll over on my side and try to pull myself together. But my head just keeps swimming. Did this dude have weights in his gloves? ****.

"Get up, son."

I look over at my dad almost pleading from corner. I can't seem to get to my feet though.

"7!"

"8!"

"9!"

I take one more last ditch effort, but my legs are like spaghetti.

"10! It's over."

The bell sounds and I can feel the floor vibrating under the weight of new champ Erwin Berry and his corner's celebrating. I managed to crawl over to my dad and I begin apologizing.

"It's okay, Vince. You gave it your best shot. You'll be back next year."

Damn right, I'll be back....

--------------------

Nah. This ain't last year at all.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4)

Great job man, this is good, and your a very good writer. By the way, you posted the same thing twice. Just wanted to let you know.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »