Home

The Wolf From Minsk

This is a discussion on The Wolf From Minsk within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The Wolf From Minsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
Yeah, is there a way to find out what kind of a fighter they are before you fight them? Yeah hopefully you won't get stuck fighting them... well atleast until you get a decent record that is.
i don't think there is any way to find out what kind of fighter they are before the fight. that was the hard part of fighting fictitious guys 'cause you have no way of knowing who to choose for your next fight. at least i have a pretty good working knowledge of the actual UFC fighters so i know what to expect from them.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #18
Rookie

UFC FIGHT NIGHT AFTER SHOW

Mike: "Welcome back to Fight Night's after show. We saw some great action tonight Joe, but the highlight of the evening was, by far, the UFC debut of Victor 'The Wolf' Horvat."

Joe: "Oh no doubt. He looked very seasoned in there. You would never have guessed it was his first fight in the UFC."

Mike: "Yes, he looked very sharp indeed against a quality opponent in Patrick Cote. A lot of people thought Cote was going to win this fight easily, but Horvat proved the critics wrong."

Joe: "He proved them wrong BIG TIME man. It didn't take him long either. Another 1st-round knockout for Horvat."

Mike: "Yes, he made quick work of Cote, knocking him out at the 1:42 mark of the first round. It was a fierce fight in which both fighters had their moments. Cote had some bright spots in the opening minute of the fight, but ultimately he had no answer for the speed and power of Horvat's striking game. With the win, Horvat's record moves to 13-3. The question now is, who will be next for Horvat?"

Joe: "There's no telling who the UFC will match him up with next, but I can tell you that I'm gonna be there to see it. This guy is pure excitement man. He may still be pretty raw fighter in terms of his overall development as a fighter, but he's got lightning in a bottle with those strikes. If you fall asleep on this guy for a second, he'll make you pay. He's gonna be a major player in the middleweight division."

Mike: "Well that's it for tonight's show, for Joe Rogan, I'm Mike Goldberg. Goodnight."
Old 06-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #19
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticboy25
i don't think there is any way to find out what kind of fighter they are before the fight. that was the hard part of fighting fictitious guys 'cause you have no way of knowing who to choose for your next fight. at least i have a pretty good working knowledge of the actual UFC fighters so i know what to expect from them.
Oh that sucks, you can find out what kind of a boxer they are in Fight Night Round 3. Good luck in the UFC
Old 06-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #20
Rookie

HD Net's "Inside MMA"

May, 2014
Kenny: .... "and now let's take a look at one of the most exciting young prospects in the UFC, Victor "The Wolf" Horvat."

Bas: "Yeah this kid is really maturing rapidly and that growth has been evident in his last few fights."

Kenny: "Since knocking out Patrick Cote in June of 2013, Horvat has racked up three more knockout victories. In September, he fought a tough match against Wilson Gouveia in which he was knocked down early and had to fight off several submission attempts before getting back to his feet and knocking out Gouveia at the 3:11 mark of the second round. Then, in December, Horvat steam-rolled Dennis Kang. Kang had several successful takedowns, but was no match for 'The Wolf' on the ground. Horvat easily kicked Kang off each time. The fight ended when Horvat landed a high kick to the temple with 40 sceonds left in round one. In his most recent fight, in March 2014, Horvat demolished Chris Leben in under a minute. Leben did not land one strike in the fight and was knocked down twice before being knocked out with 4:01 still left on the clock."

Bas: "The fact that he was able to fight off these guys on the ground is a testament to how much he's grown in the past year. Before, if the fight went to the ground, Horvat was toast. Now, he's holding his own. His submission defense has developed nicely as well."

Kenny: "Next up for 'The Wolf' is Alan Belcher later this month. How do you see this one going Bas?"

Bas: "Horvat all the way Kenny. Another first-round knockout. Belcher's gonna try to stand and trade with him, but he doesn't have the skills to do that. Until the UFC puts someone in front of this guy who has an excellent ground game, he's going to keep winning. When that happens, it will be the true test of just how good this guy is."
Old 06-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #21
Rookie

COUNTDOWN TO UFC 159

January 2015
Mike: "Hello fans and welcome back to Countdown to UFC 159. We've talked about the main and co-main event fights earlier in our show, but now it's time to to look at what may be the most intriguing match on the card: Michael 'The Count' Bisping versus Victor 'The Wolf' Horvat. Bisping is the 2nd-ranked middleweight in the world and is desperately seeking another shot at the title. Horvat is unbeaten since coming to the UFC and all of his victories have come by way of knockout. However, those wins have been harder and harder to come by. Since beating Chris Leben in March of 2014, Horvat has ripped off three more wins, all of them knockouts, and all of them very close fights.
In May of 2014, Horvat faced tough-guy Alan Belcher. Both fighters came out swinging and went toe-to-toe for nearly eight minutes when Horvat landed a crushing overhand right to finish Belcher. Belcher found some "chinks" in Horvat's armor and exposed them. Horvat was rocked several times by Belcher, but he showed his grit and remained on his feet. The knockout came with 2:18 left in the second round.
In August of 2014, Horvat rematched Dennis Kang, whom he had previously beaten via first-round knockout one year earlier. This time around, the tone of the fight had changed, but the result stayed the same. Kang scored a knockdown early in the first round and looked much more aggressive than in their first fight. Kang couldn't finish off Horvat when he hurt him and it ultimately cost him. Horvat recovered from the knockdown and immediately went to work on knocking Kang out 30 seconds into round two.
November 2014 meant another rematch for 'The Wolf.' He faced off again with Wilson Gouveia whom he beat in 2013 by second-round knockout. Gouveia looked a changed fighter in the rematch as he dominated Horvat using a brutal ground and pound. Horvat was clearly the better fighter standing up, but Gouveia worked hard to keep Horvat on his back. Going into the third round, Horvat was behind on the scorecards and he knew he needed a knockout to win. And that is exactly what he got with just 3:33 left in the fight. Gouveia had inflicted a tremendous amount of damage with the ground and pound and Horvat had suffered some bad cuts around both eyes. It was a gritty win for Horvat, but also an advertisement of how to beat the 'The Wolf.'
Now Horvat is facing Bisping for a shot at the title, but did Horvat expose himself too much in his last couple of fights? He was lucky to recover from being rocked before Kang could finish him. He was even luckier to survive Gouveia's ground and pound. Now he is up against a world-class striker in Michael Bisping. It may not last long, but it is sure to be explosive."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #22
Rookie

UFC 159
BISPING VS HORVAT

January 2015

Mike: "Well the stage is set! Michael Bisping versus Victor Horvat here in the Mandalay Bay Events Center. The winner of this fight is guaranteed a shot at middleweight champion Yoshihiro Akiyama. Bisping comes into this fight ranked #2 with a record of 28-7. Horvat comes in ranked #3 with a record of 19-3. Joe, what can we expect to see here tonight?"

Joe: "One word Mike... violence. Both these guys are awesome strikers who have made no bones about the fact that they're coming in here looking for a knockout. I can't wait for this one."

Mike: "On that note, let's go to the ring. The fighters have made their entrances and the introductions are complete.... Bisping...... Horvat...... round 1."

Round 1
The fighters come out circling each other hesitant to throw. Bisping is more active but throwing only quick jabs and leg kicks. Horvat seems to be very stiff. He definitely doesn't want to make an early mistake and get caught. And then..... "Bisping is staying busy throwing quick short strikes here.... OH!.... Bisping lands a HUGE right hand and Horvat has gone down!.... Horvat quickly recovers and scrambles to his feet before Bisping can get on him!... Horvat might be hurt, but he's not showing it now.... Bisping comes in throwing but it's Horvat who answers back with a big counter... It's Horvat again countering and backing up Bisping!... More shots by Horvat! It looks like Bisping has awaken a sleeping dragon. He's taking a lot of damage from these punches Joe..... Another left hook from Horvat and... WOW! what a big punch from Bisping!... Horvat goes down again!.... but Horvat is back up again!... How tough is this guy? He's been down twice already from perfectly placed punches by Michael Bisping but he keeps getting up.... The two men trade again and it's Horvat who's landing the better shots... What a pace these guys are setting!.... We're closing in on the end of the round now, but neither man shows any signs of fatigue even though they're both bleeding and.... OH A BIG LEFT FROM HORVAT AND BISPING GOES DOWN!..... Horvat pounces on him and is pouring on the punches! Bisping is covering up well but the punches keep coming!.... and he's saved by the bell....

Round 2
Both fighters answer the bell looking bruised and battered. Bisping comes out again the aggressor but it's Horvat who deals more damage through masterful counter-punching, and then.... "Bisping had better start choosing his strikes better or he's going to.... WHAT A KICK!..... HORVAT HAS LANDED A POWERFUL HIGH KICK TO THE HEAD OF BISPING AND BISPING IS DOWN AGAIN!..... Horvat is standing over him just pulverizing him with blows to the head and Bisping is in real trouble now!.... He's covering up but punches are still getting through!... Referree Dan Mirgliotta is having a good look now.... AND THAT'S IT HE'S STEPPED IN! MIRGLIOTTA HAS PULLED HORVAT OFF!.... IT... IS... OVER!..... VICTOR HORVAT HAS BEATEN MICHAEL BISPING!..."

Moments later, after the official announcement.......

Mike: "What a big win this is for Horvat..... wait..... Dana White is entering the octogon with middleweight champion Yoshihiro Akiyama by his side!.... It appears Dana is going to say something..... let's go to the ring mic..."

Dana: "Congratulations on the win Victor. You have now become the #1 contender for the middleweight title. How would you like a shot at the the champ?....."

Victor: "Bring it on.... (In Belarusian)"

Mike: "Well there you have it! Horvat has his title shot!..... the two fighters are staring each other down fiercely now..... keep your eyes peeled folks. You're going to want to mark your calendars as soon as they announce a date!"
Old 06-06-2010, 02:38 AM   #23
Rookie

going to take a few days to let the anticipation build for this fight. i'm pumped to have a title shot and i want to enjoy the feeling knowing that i'm one win away from being crowned champ
Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #24
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticboy25
going to take a few days to let the anticipation build for this fight. i'm pumped to have a title shot and i want to enjoy the feeling knowing that i'm one win away from being crowned champ
Your killing me man I want to know, good updates this is getting really good

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »