Home

Celta de Vigo's Return to Prominence

This is a discussion on Celta de Vigo's Return to Prominence within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Celta de Vigo's Return to Prominence

Very nice work

keep it up!^^

Hoosiers time!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #18
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

looks good so far! i'll be following.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #19
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks guys, I'm working on getting FIFA 10 on PC from a friend so that either A) I can re create goals and such to add on it, or B) Just completely switch over and play the first few games to get us back to speed on the current situation.

I had tried taking pics using prt scn when I did have it on my PC but it came up black everytime so I will use fraps to try and get it (plus videos if I do switch over).

All in all I will be doing some school work tomorrow probably so maybe towards the evening I will get some updates in and perhaps make a decision (depends on if rosters is the same really and what the few of you think).
Old 06-20-2010, 04:53 AM   #20
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Chapter 4: Problems Arise
What do you mean you want a higher salary!? he demanded from the players in his office, it was filled to the brim with unhappy players, mainly the older experienced ones that he had been relying on to teach the youth. Of course yelling in English was getting him no where. "¿Qué quieres decir con que quieren más dinero?"

They wanted more than 3 times their normal paycheck as well as bonuses. While it was possible to pay them that would leave him no room to make transfers next time the window opened.

¡Fuera de mi oficina ahora! Y no volver aquí otra vez! he yelled at the players as they angrily pushed through the small office door, their contracts being ripped apart as they slowly mingled out of the club's headquarters. 12 players had just demanded demanded new contracts at once and now they had no jobs. This meant only 13 players were on the team and with the Spanish Cup and another league game this week, perhaps things were too hectic here.

He sighed as he laid back in his chair, Jonathan Vila walked in, he was one of the oldest players on the team now. He glared as the young man quietly asked if he could sit down.

"Si." was the only response he gave back as started to twirl his ring around in his hand.

"So what just happened?" Vila was only 25 and had never even been a sub for the team in a professional game.

"Well your a starter now, that's all you need to kno-" he stopped, "You can speak English? And good?"

"Yes sir."

"What the fu-" he kept himself from scaring Jonathan. "People need to give me more information more often, I want you to tell everyone in there everything is fine and we will prepare for Las Palmas in about 10 minutes.

With only an hour left until game time he had to come up with a modified line up or else they had to forfeit the first round of the Spanish Cup.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 AM   #21
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Round 1 of Spanish Cup at Las Palmas

Code:
Palma Starting XI                                              Celta Starting XI
GK   Assmann                                                           Yoel   GK
RB   Pignol                                                           Mallo   RB
RCB  Juanpa                                                       Fernandes  RCB
LCB  Lamas                                                          Botelho  LCB
LB   Beranger                                                          Lago   LB
RM   Josico                                                           Abalo   RM
RCM  Garcia                                                       Mayorquin   CM
LCM  Suarez                                                           Michu   LM
LM   Leon                                                              Vila  RAM
CF   Marquez                                                         Gaitan  LAM
ST   Guerrero                                                        Joselu   ST
With many starters returning Celta had a chance, but after so many games of the same players it took a tole on stamina. Celta got the first chance of the game when Lago was left all alone on the wing and sent a low cross into the box where Mayorquin did a sideways kick that barely touched the keeper's gloves. A clearance by Palma would give Yoel the ball. With some passes on the right hand side, Abalo eventually sends in a cross towards Gaitan on the far post who heads it too high.

After several minutes into the second half, Palma got a free kick at the edge of the box after Malo fouled Guerrero on a breakaway. Guerrero would take it and hit it in the back of the net to go up 1 - 0. The team was obviously frustrated as they could not get enough momentum going to get good chances. In the 75th minute Mayorquin would get a chance on a free kick after Joselu was fouled from behind. The wall was screamer that hit tipped the keeper's fingers and went in! After the restart Gaitan would intercept a pass from Marquez and broke down the side. He picked out Joselu at the near post who somehow manages to turn around and score on the first touch! 2 goals in 2 minutes by Celta won the game! It is the 2nd time Celta had gone to Las Palmas and won this season!

Spanish Cup | UD Las Palmas () at CD Celta ()
October 14, 200912F
UD Las Palmas011Player of The Game
N/A
CD Celta022
UD Las Palmas - Top Performers
Goals - Javi Guerrero (50')
Assists - None
Bookings - None
CD Celta - Top Performers
Goals - Mayorquin (75'), Joselu (76')
Assists - Gaitan (76')
Bookings - (None)

Code:
                                  Spanish Cup
                              Cadiz 0 - 1 Villarreal B
                      RC Recreativo 1 - 0 Hercules CF
                         Real Union 0 - 2 FC Cartagena
                          SD Huesca 1 - 2 Eiche CF
                       CD Castellon 1 - 1 Levante UD
                                   (0 - 3)
                     Rayo Vallecano 0 - 0 Real Sociedad
                                   (3 - 2)
                         Albacete B 1 - 0 Girona CF
                         Cordoba CF 0 - 2 Real Murcia
                       UD Salamanca 1 - 2 Club Gimnastic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #22
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Edit: NVM, I did have a nice little graphic with the brackets done and everything but it gave it to me in text, not a picture and there is too many inconsistencies to try and edit it in a code box

Anyways we play Valencia next so I bet we are out and only 2 teams from Segunda Division will advance for sure due to them playing each other next.

Last edited by Lecrae; 06-20-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:10 AM   #23
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

"No estas en la escuela, ven aqui, que?" he stammered, his Spanish getting better still amateur enough for the 3 Eastern European teenagers. After the walkout of half the team he had to resort to something and that was his youth league he had inherited when he took over. 2 Austrians and 1 Albanian haad impressed Eusebio and their families moved to Vigo in order for them to further their careers.

The transfer window was closed for another 2 months and Raquel Vuelva was out using her, you could say, "charm" to try and bring anybody to the club but apparently Cougars are not considered a delicacy in Spain? Either way he decided upon hiring a new scout to try and find the next Torres or Villa. Adelardo Rodríguez was that man. He spent 17 years at Atletico Madrid and is one of Spain's most historic midfielders. At 60 years old he now does nothing but watch futbol in his villa on the coast, with nothing to do all day he was the perfect choice to find natural talent.

When he took over he had the vision of making the team into a young team, maybe spend a year in Adelante, get promoted, and make it to Europe competition in a few seasons. Now he wished he had at least 1 player over 25 or a Messi to get the team off the ground.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #24
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Return to Prominence.png
Game 6 at UD Salamanca

Code:
Salamanca Starting XI                                          Celta Starting XI
GK   Bernabe                                                         Falcon   GK
RB   Ganan                                                            Mallo   RB
RCB  Goikoetrea                                                   Fernandes  RCB
LCB  Murillo                                                        Botelho  LCB
LB   Rossato                                                          Jordi   LB
RDM  Cuellar                                                       Aparicio   RM
LDM  Jurado                                                            Vila   CM
RAM  Sevilla                                                       Harrauer   LM
LAM  Bordas                                                        Heiniger  RAM
CF   Azkorra                                                         Gaitan  LAM
ST   Kike                                                             Kraja   ST

"Hi God, uh, if your there watching, uh, you sure you don't need me up there like right now? I can do paper work, filing, ooh I can make coffee!" Only 5 players from 4 days ago, 3 from the last league match. Joselu, Michu, Lago, Mayorquin, Abalo. All who have contributed to the team somehow and now they can barely move or sit up straight to support the team, and they better hope nobody gets injured because they ARE the subs.

Salamanca kicked it off first and were exploiting holes left and right. When we finally did get the ball we were hesitant on passes and Kraja, one of the new players whose body resembles Peter Crouch, was extremely bad at handling the ball unless it was coming off his head. At this point he took his warm up jacket off and laid it on the bench to use as a pillow.

When the final whistle blew, he jumped up demanding to know the score.

Vila responded, "No score, 0-0." According to Vila's more in depth report that he gave to him after everyone had changed clothes and got ready to get on the bus, neither team even got a shot off the entire game. Celta was still unbeaten though which is what mattered.

A reporter stopped him on his way to find the bus driver. "What do you say to the people who doubt you can take this team to the top?"

"I... you speak English?" he seemed to constantly be amazed at the amount of people who spoke English here.

"The only reason I am here is because I lived in the US for a while, nobody else at the paper company speaks it."

"Oh, well then, this team will always give their best. I may have to prove myself, but it is a great club, and I'm really loving being part of it so far. Now excuse me while I find somebody."

"Thanks, even though your response had no relation to my question."
(The question/answer are directly form the game, they really should make the answers relevant to what they are asking and even the message after the game tells me I didn't really answer it, lol?)

Liga Adelante | Celta (D-W-W-W-D) (3-3-0) at Salaman (W-L-L-L-D) (1-2-3)
October 18, 200912F
Celta (D-W-W-W-D)000Player of The Game
Salaman (W-L-L-L-D)000

Code:
Round 6 of Segunda Division
Real Betis 4 - 0 Cordoba CF RC Recreativo 3 - 2 CD Numancia Hercules 1 - 1 Villarreal B Cadiz 0 - 0 Rayo Vallecano FC Cartagena 0 - 0 Real Sociedad CD Castellon 1 - 1 Real Union Levante UD 1 - 1 UD Las Palmas Club Gimnastic 1 - 0 Girona FC SD Huesca 2 - 0 Albacete B Elche CF 1 - 3 Real Murcia

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »