Home

A Premier League Rookie's Run For The World Cup

This is a discussion on A Premier League Rookie's Run For The World Cup within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #17
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A Premier League Rookie's Run For The World Cup

At least on the PS2 and PC, the game chooses international teams based upon the form ratings. I accidentily played too good last game and the flawed form system that the BAP mode has on the PS2 gave me an 8.9 when my performance was really nothing more than maybe 6.5 at the most because I played my position.

I am going to try and make it a battle for the position but it may come at the cost of me not scoring that much so I will just have to try and right it in that I was just overlooked or something or maybe come up with an U-* career and this is the first time Bradley has given me a shot.

Also the PS2 version didn't even let me choose to be a sub or reserve on Evertion, I HAD to be a starter. I do know it is possible to be a reserve since I was actually there after the Man City game. And I have been left out of an international game before so we will see how my player's trial goes.

Last edited by Lecrae; 07-23-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #18
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Well apparently my game lied to me and didn't save, so it's back to the Burnley game we go. I will just post scorers, injuries, and if anything new happens with the International selection
Old 07-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #19
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

I sent a long through ball to Pienaar who would hold it up, send it back to Heintinga who would take a long shot which the keeper would get his hands on it but during this I was aimlessly running around trying to get on screen when the rebound came right to me and I controlled it and before it came down I shot and it went in for my first goal.

Saha would then score after Cahill missed a header from my corner kick and Yobo I think passed it to him across the goal for an easy goal.

My rating war 8.2 this time but seeing as it came with a goal I'm not too mad about making the team so early now. The squad is the same as before.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #20
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

at Spain.jpg
Spain/US Clash Ends With A Surprise
OG By ESP Leads To US Victory
Torres and Fabregas are the only Spain starter's in the lineup while the US bring a majority of who is expected to show up at the World Cup. The last time they met it was an United States victory in the Confederations Cup.

Spain would put pressure on the US early as they managed to get the ball into Torres but Onyewu was there to tackle him outside of the box and clear it. Donovan would respond minutes later after a pass from Williams but Almunia would easily knock the hard shot out for a corner. Jones would get fouled on the edge of the box and Donovan would arch the ball over the wall to open up the game 1-0 for the US in the 16th minute. Suso would equalize with a long strike after a tackle by Bocanegra actually made the ball pop behind the defense and Suso managed to zoom past everyone.

At the start of the second half, Willaims would take a hard shot at the net but Almunia would again be able to deflect the shot for a corner. Team USA would pull ahead in the 71st minute after a Williams corner kick flew toward Dempsey only to have Spain's goal scorer Suso score an own goal. Johnson and Torres would take turns taking ill-advised shots for the rest of the game as the US beats Spain, again, 2-1 due to Suso's own goal.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #21
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

Newsletter.jpg
WILLIAMS DEBUTS FOR UNITED STATES
United States fans welcome Jamaal Williams' arrival on the international scene. The new kid on the block has appeared in only 3 games for Premier League club Everton and already has a goal, that was apparently enough for Bob Bradley to warrant the kid a start for the national team in their international friendly in Spain.

"The boy (Williams) did great I (Bob Bradley) think and may be key in our future. He seemed to be out of place at times but in the end his 'assist' to Suso gave us the edge in the end. It is just a slight problem when I have to explain to him that own goals don't give you an assist." said USMNT Head Coach Bob Bradley jokingly.

"I (Williams) think I did really good ya know? We won and even though it doesn't count I still enjoyed my time out there and hope to do it again soon." answered Williams when asked about his first game playing with the big boys.

The USMNT do not have another friendly until next month and Bradley promises that only the best will get to board the plane to South Africa.

"Only those who are doing well in their leagues will get to be named for the squad. I (Bradley) don't want to pick anyone who doesn't deserve to be there and the only fair way to choose is to watch everyone play in the MLS and EPL for the most part and we will have to wait and see who gets named."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

vs Wigan.jpg
Everton disappointing with results
Take hard hit versus Wigan
Wigan Athletic, the worst team in the EPL so far, came into Goodison just hoping for a draw. Everton meanwhile planned on trying to streak together a couple of wins following their 2-0 victory over Burnley.

Neither team got the ball going quickly as they both sat back for a good 20 minutes until Tim Cahill got the ball in the box only to have Wigan keeper Chris Kirkland make a save with his foot. After the corner kick, Wigan would get on the counter attack and Hugo Rodallega raced down the field to take on Tim Howard 1v1 and Howard managed to save the long attempt. Not wanting to lose tempo, Everton immediately picked up their attack again this time Cahill found Jamaal Williams on the far side and he tried a shot that would get past the keeper only to have a Wigan defender clear it before crossing the line. Before the end of the half Williams would find Marouane Fellaini who would then pass it to Cahill who's shot would ring off the side post to end the half 0-0.

Right out of halftime Wigan immediately applied pressure as Jason Scotland got a long pass and found himself with nobody around him. He then took Howard on and chipped him as he came out to score the game's first goal. After a few minutes Everton managed to get a good chance when a free kick on the side of the box went to Joseph Yobo who's shot barely missed over the top. Around the 75th minute Scotland would score again but this time it would be a screamer from about 30 yards out. Williams would almost get one back but Kirkland got a finger on it. Saha would then get the rebound and put it in the back of the net but get called for offsides. Cahill and Saha would both get opportunities from long distance but neither would have the power to get by Kirkland as Everton lose to Wigan, effing Wigan 2-0 at home.

Last edited by Lecrae; 07-24-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:28 PM   #23
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

I have a quick question. Should I continue this or redo it with PES 2010 on the PC? The BAL on PES isn't flawed like the PS2 version of FIFA's BAP so not only will I have to fight to be on the squad I will have to do the same to get a start and we will see subs and stuff. Plus there is still an international element to it.

I'd appreciate feedback soon as I want this to be realistic and not just me getting an easy 8 score for all of my games when all I did was run around.

Also if you want me to restart on PES I would like to know what league you guys would want me to start in; English Premier League, Ligue 1, Serie A, Bundesliga, Primera Division, or I can also make the Coca Cola Championship, Eredivisie, and Portuguese Liga. All of the clubs would be where they would be in the upcoming season already although I can't promise accurate rosters as it was a patch I downloaded and not the default/official release.

I wouldn't start playing any games until I picked up a gamepad.

Last edited by Lecrae; 07-25-2010 at 01:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »