Home

Circle of Devious Expert Rasslin' (TEW 2010)

This is a discussion on Circle of Devious Expert Rasslin' (TEW 2010) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Circle of Devious Expert Rasslin' (TEW 2010)

That day started like a lot of days started. I woke up at 7:30, rolled out of bed, and jumped in the shower. As I ate my breakfast, my phone rang. I recall that it was odd at that time. I knew that my boss was aware I didn't show up until 8, and it was 7:45.

I didn't recognize the number on my caller ID, so I let it go to voicemail, and continued to eat my cereal. In a few minutes, my phone chirped again, letting me know there was a new voicemail. I figured I should just listen to it.

"Mr. Snider, I have an important business proposition for you. I have read your wrestling "dynasties" on Operation Sports, and I believe you're just the man to get the job done. Call me immediately if you are interested."

Most of the time, I would immediately delete this voicemail. Something, though, struck me funny. He knew about my posts on Operation Sports. More importantly, he seemed to enjoy my NRVWA wrestling dynasties. I wrestled with the idea of calling him, but decided against it for now. I went to work, but couldn't focus on the task I was assigned to.

I made it through the day, making some progress on the task, and came back home. The message had been eating at my brain all day. I decided to call the person back. The phone rang once... twice... click.

"Hello, Mr. Snider. I have been expecting your call."

"I'm glad to meet your expectations. Who am I speaking to?"

"Mr. Snider, you will find out in time. It is not important now."

"Alright then, Mr. Mysterious Voice. Let's talk about the offer, then, if you're going to be mysterious."

"I can understand your eagerness to get to the point. I have recently acquired wrestling material, and I plan on making an investment in a wrestling promotion in your area. The problem is, however, that there aren't a lot of people to take over a wrestling promotion from square one and take it places. That's where you come in, Mr. Snider. I have read your NRVWA "dynasties", as they are called, and I feel you are the right man for the job."

"So you've decided to take a major risk on a wrestling promotion with me, because of a text simulation game. To quote the Miz, "REALLY?""

"Yes, Mr. Snider. I have one million dollars ready for the new promotion if you accept. You will have almost complete control over the promotion. At times, I might object to some proposed signings. There are some real characters in the wrestling world."

"So basically, I can name it, and basically run it as I see fit?"

"As long as you make a profit, Mr. Snider."

"I don't know if it's difficult in real life, but I've never been able to make a promotion make a profit in TEW."

"Mr. Snider, you will turn a profit if you want to continue to be my creative director."

At that point, the voice hung up. Who was I to argue with this offer? I figured I could keep my stable job, and try something new on the side.

I went to start making dinner, when the voice called again.

"Mr. Snider, I trust you have accepted my offer?"

"Sure, Mr. Mysterious Voice. Let's do this."

"Alright. I do have some news for you. I have three wrestlers signed. I did some looking and found these wrestlers, and I believe they will be the future of wresting."

Oh great, I thought. He's using his power already.

"Well, sir, can you tell me some stuff about them?"

"I have sent an email to you with a file on each one."

He hung up again, and I went to check my email. True to his word, he had sent an email from an obfuscated email address.

The email read as follows:

"Mr. Snider, here are the three wrestlers currently signed to your promotion.

David Karslake - I found him on a trip to the UK. He performed for a few tiny promotions, and I sought him after the shows. He agreed to come to America with me and signed with me. He's a naturally charismatic performer, but his wrestling leaves some to be desired. He's got the ability to draw a crowd in with his performances, but will leave "smart marks" unhappy with his workrate. He has a bit of a... checkered past, so be sure not to get on his bad side. He also has a tendency to do things his own way, so make sure you always have a contingency plan.

Lintzkrieg - To be honest, when I first saw him, I didn't like him. He doesn't necessarily have the best in-ring work, nor does he have a lot of charisma, but he's solid in the ring. He's got the basics down, and can tell a decent story in the ring. Most importantly, he won't injure anyone in the ring. He does have some good aerial skills, so be sure to make sure you always feature that. He's loyal like no one else I've found. He'll be a loyal wrestler. I just don't know if he'll ever be a spectacular one.

Red Light - This is the future of your promotion, and of wrestling in general. He is the prototype of a big man with a lot of physical skills. He's a former football/basketball player who was quite good in both, so it's a bit shocking he'd decide to wrestle. That being said, he's very raw. He's mainly got the physical gifts, but he's need to going to learn how to wrestle, and entertain. He's surprisingly competent with amateur wrestling as well, even though there is no record of him doing so. In the backyard fed I saw him in, he was placed in angles demonstrating his athleticism, like dunking on a 12' rim, and wrestling in 1 vs 4 handicap matches, dominating the whole time. He's just as loyal as Lintzkrieg.

These are your first three wrestlers."

I remember reading the email, and stopping to think. These are three very diverse talents. This is going to be one of the more interesting times of my life.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Re: Circle of Devious Expert Rasslin' (TEW 2010)

Main Eventers

Brent Albright

David Karslake

El Oriental

Reid Flair

Shark Boy

Upper Midcarders

Byron Wilcott

Dave Cole

Hornet

w/
Lintzkrieg w/ Stevie Ray

Matt Walsh

w/
Red Light w/ Leyla

Midcarders

Billy Suede

Chris Raaber

Kevin Matthews

Lower Midcarders

Brad Martin

Commissioner /
Color Commentary

Mike Snider

Announcer

Dean Hill

OS OT Post Champ '11

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 01-31-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Optimized Championship

Brent Albright (won Thursday, Week 3, January 2011)

Binary Championship

Billy Suede and Brad Martin (won Thursday, Week 1, March 2011)

Byron Wilcott and Lintzkrieg (won Thursday, Week 1, February 2011)

Dynamic Championship

Dave Cole (won Thursday, Week 1, March 2011)

Red Light (won Thursday, Week 3, February 2011)

Matt Walsh (won Thursday, Week 1, February 2011)

Hornet (won Thursday, Week 3, January 2011)

Challenger Rankings

As of Friday, Week 1, March 2011

Optimized

1. El Oriental
  2. David Karslake
  3. Shark Boy
  4. Reid Flair

Binary

1. Byron Wilcott and Lintzkrieg

Dynamic

1. Red Light
  2. Matt Walsh
  3. Hornet
  4. Chris Raaber
  5. Kevin Matthews

OS OT Post Champ '11

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 02-06-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:43 AM   #4
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Wooh, let's get this ish popping!

My Video Game Streams
Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

*subscribes*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Lintzkrieg will dazzle all with my cool costume and slick wrestling moves.

You have all been warned!

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

CODER Black Hat Chaos 1
Live in front of 9 fans at Club Octane in Morgantown, West Virginia
Thursday, Week 3, January 2011

Main Show

Mike Snider address the crowd

Snider: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the very first CODER show! What you will witness tonight will change the landscape of wrestling until the end of time. For instance, we've ranked our wrestlers based on their popularity in this region, and created matches for you tonight. We'll be crowning our first Optimized Champion in a six-way match, which is our main event tonight! We'll also be crowning our first Dynamic Champion, in a sort of tournament. Since we have have eight wrestlers, all wanting to take home the Dynamic belt, we've set up two four-way matches. The winners of those matches will face each other with the Dynamic belt on the line! Without further ado, enjoy the show!

E-

------

Brad Martin is in the ring, about to speak, when Red Light comes flying out from the back, and beats him down

Hill: Well, Mr. Snider, looks we have begun tonight with some major action!

Snider: First, call me Mike. Second, you're right, Dean. Hey, who's coming out now?

Leyla comes down to the ring and raises Red Light's hand in victory

Hill: Leyla looks to be managing Red Light now! As much as this is deplorable, that pairing makes a lot of sense.

Snider: Exactly, Dean. Red Light has all of the physical gifts. Leyla can talk herself out of a paper bag. It's a great pairing.

F+

------

Stevie Ray is backstage

Stevie: I want to take this opportunity to introduce my new associate. I don't really know what to say about him, so here he is: Lintzkrieg!

Lintzkrieg: Let's start the crushing!

E-

------

Chris Raaber vs Lintzkrieg vs Hornet vs Kevin Matthews
--CODER Dynamic Championship Preliminary Match--

If you blinked during this match, you certainly missed something. All four competitors were flying around the ring with hardly any regard for their well-being. Each man got some offense in. The end of the match came when Kevin Matthews threw Lintzkrieg out of the ring onto Chris Raaber. Feeling proud of himself, he began to rap, and Hornet hit a middle dropkick from the top rope, knocking Matthews out. Hornet got the pin as Lintzkrieg and Raaber were still feeling the effects.

Winner: Hornet

E+

------

Byron Wilcott is backstage

Wilcott: I am generally a mild mannered guy outside of the ring, so this is going to be out of character for me. What Red Light did to Martin tonight was wrong. There are ways to make an impact in a wrestling promotion. It's frustrating that so many wrestlers take the wrong approach, instead of the right approach I've always taken. All you need to do is pay your dues and move up slowly. Red Light feels like he can go to the top by crippling everyone in the way. Luckily, I've got a chance to beat him in the second preliminary match for the Dynamic Championship. I can't wait to beat him, then go on and win that Championship. Watch me in the match, Red Light, and you'll see how you're supposed to do it.

F+

------

Byron Wilcott vs Brad Martin vs Red Light vs Billy Suede
--CODER Dynamic Championship Preliminary Match--

It was a bit shocking to the announcer's table that Brad Martin would come out for the match, but it quickly turned into regret for Brad Martin, as he was taken out by Red Light again, and was sent to the back to be looked at by a doctor. This left the other three men looking for their chance to win the match and the right to meet Hornet for the Dynamic title. Wilcott and Suede teamed up against Red Light, and was able to put him outside for a while. While Leyla attended to her client, Wilcott and Suede took each other to the brink. Wilcott finally put Suede down for a decent amount of time, but Red Light came in, threw Suede out of the ring, and hit the dominating Lights Out DDT on Wilcott. With Leyla holding onto Suede's leg, Red Light was able to get the 3 count on Wilcott, and the chance to win CODER gold.

Winner: Red Light

E-

------

Dean Hill and Mike Snider are sitting at the announcer's table

Hill: Well, Mike, we've had a lot of action tonight!

Snider: That's right, Dean. We now know who will be facing off to win the CODER Dynamic Championship. The underdog Hornet, and the massive Red Light.

Hill: I would love to see Hornet come up with the upset, but I can't see him getting by Red Light.

Snider: I agree, Dean. It looks like Red Light will stop Hornet in his tracks.

F

------

Shark Boy is walking backstage, when David Karslake comes up behind him, and decks him with a chair

Hill: What a vicious chair shot!

Karslake repeatedly hits Shark Boy with the chair until he is satisfied, then walks away

Snider: That just wasn't kosher. How is Shark Boy supposed to compete in tonight's main event?

Hill: That might have been Karslake's idea.

F+

--

CODER Dynamic Championship Match

Hornet vs Red Light

Hornet didn't want to be in range of Red Light's power, so he tried to work on his legs, and took to the skies. The turning point of the match came when Red Light caught Hornet's attempt at a diving cross body and turned it into a scoop slam. Red Light went for the pin, but Hornet was lying in wait, and turned the pinfall attempt into a pin attempt for himself. Red Light was unable to break out of the pin, and Hornet won the match to be the inaugural Dynamic Champion.

Winner and NEW CODER Dynamic Champion: Hornet

E

------

CODER Optimized Championship Match

Brent Albright vs Shark Boy vs El Oriental vs Reid Flair vs David Karslake vs Matt Walsh

Quickly, the competitors split up into three pairs to fight. As the match progressed, Shark Boy was able to hit a suicide dive on the other competitors and took some time to get the crowd ready for his Dead Sea Drop, when Albright came in and hit a Half Nelson Suplex. He then pinned Shark Boy for the win.

Winner and NEW CODER Dynamic Champion: Brent Albright

D-

------

Final Show Rating: E

OS OT Post Champ '11

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 01-27-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Three thoughts so far:
  • The ring announcer looks like a total goober
  • Lintzkrieg is sure to rise to the top given that he has Stevie Ray at his back. I mean, it's Stevie Ray.
  • I approve of David Karslake randomly beating on people with steel chairs

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »