Home

Empire of Wrestling

This is a discussion on Empire of Wrestling within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Empire of Wrestling

Chuck Taylor's Internet Blog
April 1st, 2011--

Well, the day has finally come fans!! After busting my tail in the PWF (Professional Wrestling Federation) here in North Carolina for three years, I received some exciting news from my booker. It appears that the executives from Ring of Honor have heard about me and have seen tapes of some of my matches and they are coming down to see my match tonight.

I am facing a jobber in what should be a squash match. I am feeling pretty good considering that he has never beaten me in anything.......wrestling matches, poker, women etc........but I am feeling the butterflies at the same time. What if they don't like my match? What if my opponent purposely makes the match look bad? What if he actually beats me? I can't think about that right now.

I have been coming up with a way to end the match, and I have been running it through my head the entire day. I am going to try out my new finisher that I have been working on with my trainer. It is called the Orange Crush, after my favorite drink. Heck, I figured if Punk can call one of his the Pepsi Plunge after a soda, why can't I? Well, it's about time to start the show. Time to suit up and step through those ropes. Hopefully by the end of the night I will be apart of Ring of Honor.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

Our next match is a scheduled for one fall, with a 15 minute time limit!!

(The announcer is addressing the crowd as I stand backstage waiting for my cue to come out. I peek out of the curtain and try to spot the Ring of Honor executives, but I cannot tell them from the rest of the crowd. Maybe that is a good thing.

I am trying to come up with a gameplan inside my head, but I cannot think clearly for the only things that are coming up are "Don't let him get you on the mat", "You cannot let him beat you", "There's a first time for everything though", and most of all "Don't screw this up". I start gearing up for was now my most important match of my career, trying to shake off the jitters.

My opponent Pepper Parks, who is going out to the ring first, brushes past me trying to intimidate me. As the announcer is calling his name and his music starts, he goes towards the curtain and then turns back at me.)

Pepper Parks: (snickers) Won't this be great when I score my first win against you and ruin your precious hopes of going to Ring of Honor. If the executives had any clue........after I pummel you in the ring maybe they will take me instead.

(He then makes his entrance to the ring raising his fists in the air as the crowd jeers him. Whatever. I grab a bottle of water and chug as much as I can down and suddenly I hear........)

And his opponent in tonights match.......he is none other than Chuck Taylor!!

(My music comes on and the crowd starts to boo me. I smack the sides of my head with my hands and its now or never time. Brushing the curtain aside, I make my way to the ring as the fans come to life, knowing that this could be my last match in the PWF. I high five the lucky fans that are near me and then climb up the steps and climb inside the ring as Pepper Parks quickly exits. I climb the nearest turbuckle and raise my fists in the air as the crowd raises theirs and scream and yell. I climb back down and face my opponent, who has climbed back in and his in the opposing corner.)

OOC: Not bad for my first Fire Pro Match in months. A couple of things. Sorry about the bad music audio quality. I was trying out my new camera that I bought today, so you wont have to worry about that after this match. And I didnt realize that something was obstructing the bottom corner until after the match. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by RememberMe12; 03-05-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

Results Around the Wrestling World
April, Week One

World Wrestling Entertainment
Monday Night Raw
Yoshi Tatsu def. Michael McGillicutty with a rollup at 6:37
David Hart Smith def. Ted Dibiase Jr. with a German Suplex w/ Bridge at 13:37
Jey Uso w/ Jimmy Uso def. John Morrison with Fujiyama driver with a backslide at 16:52
John Cena/Evan Bourne/Santino Marella/Vladimir Kozlov def. The Miz/Sheamus/Alex Riley/Tyson Kidd with the STF at 49:50
Randy orton/Daniel Bryan def. Husky Harris/David Otunga by Punt to Head at 16:10

Friday Night Smackdown
Curt Hawkins def. Ezekiel Jackson via countout at 13:29
Chavo Guerrero/Edge def. Heath Slater/Justin Gabriel with Kido Clutch at 36:25
Wade Barrett def. Chris Masters with Wasteland at 11:26
Alberto Del Rio/Cody Rhodes def. JTG/Rey Mysterio at 17:28 with a rolling cross armbreaker. (JTG Was injured, out for 12 weeks.)
Kane/Drew McIntyre def. Kofi Kingston/Christian at 51:33 with a neck hanging choke.

Florida Championship Wrestling Tapings
Rich Steamboat has shifted from Face to Heel after cutting his latest promo.

Mason Ryan def. Chimaera with the Sudden Impact II at 12:13
Big E. Langston/Hunico def. Seth Rollins/Darren Young with Original STN at 27:34
Connor O'Brian def. Alex Koslov in a No DQ match with a ground headlock at 20:01
Brodus Clay def. Jacob Novak when Novak could not continue at 20:20 (Novak was injured in the match, taking a back suplex on the concrete. Will be out 3 weeks.)
Jackson Andrews/Michael Tarver def. Derrick Bateman and Eli Cottonwood with a Fire Powerbomb at 26:04

TNA Impact!
D'Angelo Dinero has turned from Heel to Neutral.
Kazarian has had a +5 in ratings points after cutting his latest promo.

Orlando Jordan def. Scott Steiner with the Danshoku Nightmare at 12:45
Johnny Moss def. Amazing Red with a top rope tombstone piledriver at 8:07
Bully Ray Dudley def. Robbie E with a Bubba Bomb at 15:13
D'Angelo Dinero def. DVon Dudley with a Victory Roll at 10:22
Doug Williams def. Rob Terry with Four German Suplexes into a bridge at 17:41
Matt Hardy def. Jay Lethal with a twist of fate at 13:08
Samoa Joe def. Kurt Angle at 8:59 via countout.
Rob Van Dam def. Abyss with a backflip splash at 14:01

Ring of Honor Tapings
El Generico has shown an excellent state of fitness and application recently. (+5 rating points.)

Grizzly Redwood def. Jagged in a submission match with a half boston crab at 19:02
Yohitsune def. Adam Cole with a rolling clutch pin at 8:31
Christian Faith def. Shane Matthews with a Death Valley Driver at 14:19
Kenny Omega def. Shelton Benjamin with a Firebird Splash at 14:14
Kyle O'Reilly def. Rhett Titus with a Northern Lights Suplex at 16:06
Petey Williams def. Mark Briscoe with La Magistral at 18:20
Mike Bennett def. El Generico with a flying Lariat at 22:37
Jerry Lynn def. Chris Hero with a backslide at 15:22
Davey Richards def. Roderick Strong with a grapevine STF at 17:24

Last edited by RememberMe12; 03-06-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #12
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

(As I was celebrating in the ring after defeating Pepper Parks, I couldnt help but watch him cry and limp his way backstage. But then my attention suddenly changed to the fact that I didn't know if my match was good enough to impress the execs at Ring of Honor. I climbed out of the ring and high fived the fans as I made my way backstage hoping that a contract would be there for me to sign. My promoter was there waiting for me behind the curtain.)

What a match that was! One of the best the PWF has had lately.

(I told him thanks and asked if he had heard any news about what the executives of Ring of Honor thought about my match or if they were going to issue me a contract.)

Why no. I don't even know who they sent to scout you.

(Irritated by the lack of any new information, I started walking my way to the locker room with my head down in exhaustion. I had put everything into that match, and it might have been for nothing. I angrily flung open the door to the guy's locker room and set myself on the bench by locker room lacing down my boots so I could get those things off as quickly as I could. There were a few more matches to go, but most of the guys had already left probably to hit some bars. I heard the door open behind me so I turned my head around thinking it might be Parks wanting another fight.)

Chuck Taylor?

(I shook my head yes.)

Yes, can I help you? If you are wanting an autograph, you will have to go to the back exits like everyone else.

(The guy standing there just laughed as he walked towards me. I spun around on the bench and faced him.)

Well, I was wanting your autograph coincidentally. Except I want it on this....

(He reached in his inside suit pocket and pulled out some papers and handed it to me. It was a contract for Ring of Honor.)

My name is Jerry White. I am an executive for Ring of Honor. Me and the other guys that were with me loved your match tonight and I think Jim Cornette would love you to help Ring of Honor become the premier wrestling flagship in the United States.

(I had to rub my eyes and read the contract. Then I did a double take and read it again. Sure enough, my dreams had come true. I was finally going to get out of this dump of a federation and elevate my career.)

I.......I dont know what to say. I'm shocked. This is a lifelong dream for me.

(Jerry White nodded.)

I know. Before I came in here, all your promoter said was how much you have busted your tail to one day finally get out of here. Here's your chance.

(I looked it over one more time.)

Got a pen?

Last edited by RememberMe12; 03-07-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #13
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

The new rankings are posted and they reflect all of the matches and ratings changes from each promotions first shows. Thanks for reading.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:38 AM   #14
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

Previews for April, Week 2

Monday Night Raw
Match #1: Yoshi Tatsu vs. Tyson Kidd
Match #2: Mark Henry vs. Jey Uso (No DQ)
Match #3: Alex Riley/Sheamus vs. Santino/Kozlov
Match #4: Ted Dibiase JR vs. Daniel Bryan (United States Championship)
Match #5: David Hart Smith/Evan Bourne vs. R-Truth/Great Khali
Main Event: CM Punk/Michael McGillicutty vs. John Cena/Randy Orton

Friday Night Smackdown
Match #1: Curt Hawkins vs. Big Show
Match #2: Ezekiel Jackson vs. Kofi Kingston (Intercontinental Championship)
Match #3: Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Masters
Match #4: Jack Swagger vs. Christian
Match #5: Edge/Chavo Guerrero vs. Cody Rhodes/Drew McIntyre
Main Event: Kane vs. Rey Mysterio (No DQ)

Florida Championship Wrestling Tapings
Match #1: Connor O'Brien vs. Seth Rollins
Match #2: Lucky Cannon vs. Eli Cottonwood
Match #3: Johnny Curtis/Percy Watson/Darren Young/Brodus Clay vs. Mason Ryan/Hunico/Derrick Bateman/Jacob Novak
Main Event: Byron Saxton/Big E. Langston vs. Austin Creed/Michael Tarver

TNA Impact!
Match #1: Robbie E vs. Johnny Moss
Match #2: Desmond Wolfe vs. Hercules Hernandez
Match #3: Jeff Hardy vs. Amazing Red (X-Division Title)
Match #4: Jeff Jarrett/Eric Young/Orlando Jordan vs. James Storm/Robert Roode/AJ Styles
Match #5: Doug Williams vs. Bully Ray Dudley
Match #6: Matt Hardy vs. D'Angelo Dinero
Main Event: Mr. Anderson vs. Samoa Joe

Ring of Honor Tapings
Match #1: Kyle O'Reilly/Adam Cole vs. Rhett Titus/Chuck Taylor
Match #2: Jay Briscoe vs. Jagged
Match #3: Grizzly Redwood vs. Paul Burchill
Match #4: C. Castagnoli vs. Magma (Exploding Deathmatch)
Match #5: El Generico/Eddie Edwards/Davey Richards vs. Homicide/Petey Williams/Shane Helms
Main Event: Roderick Strong vs. Jerry Lynn

Let me know if you want me to record any matches that you see on the previews. Thanks!

Last edited by RememberMe12; 03-08-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

(So I packed up my things, and told my landlord that I was breaking my lease on the slum apartment I had. I told him I would pay any two more months so he could have adequate time to rent the place out, but he politely declined. I guess he was just happy that I was leaving and that he could have a chance to find someone that would actually pay on time.

I wrestled one last match in the Professional Wrestling Federation, just because the fans wanted me to before I was gone to bigger things. They supported me so much over the years that I had to oblige. It was a tag team match which my partner and I ended up winning. I let my partner get the pin, which was the ring thing to do. He was going to be the next main eventer so I had to get him over with the crowd. After the ref rung the bell, I ended up being the last one in the ring where the fans cheered and chanted "Thank you Taylor". With tears in my eyes I exited, saluted the crowd and walked up the entrance ramp one last time.

After driving a U-Haul for two days I finally arrived at my new place, which was a big upgrade over what I previously had. I then took a flight to the next Ring of Honor house show to learn the ropes (no pun intended there). Jim Cornette, the head booker was there to greet me as I walked in the building and urged me to get in the ring to get familiar with it while he made rounds with the wrestlers to inform them of the card for the show. I did a couple of back and forths across the ring, hitting the ropes. I immediately noticed that the ropes were a lot tighter than those in the PWF. I could get a lot more speed coming off of them and they were also better for balancing when I climbed to the top. I was very pleased about this. In a couple more days I would definitely be ready.

Jim Cornette walked down the entrance ramp and made his way to the side of the ring and called me over.)

So, what do you think?

It's........it's good. A couple of things are different, but for the better.

So, you're ready, right?

(A puzzled look came over my face.)

Ready.........ready for what?

You are my opening match tonight. It will be you and your new tag team partner, Rhett Titus going up against Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole. Good luck!!

(He then walked away as I muttered a four letter word under my breath.)

Last edited by RememberMe12; 03-06-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #16
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

"Yo, you better not mess this up tonight rookie."

(I turned in the middle of dressing for my first match and standing in front of me was my tag team partner, Rhett Titus.)

"Worry about yourself. Don't worry about me."

(Titus walked toward me with a snicker on his face and then lunged and pushed me up against my locker.)

"Now, you listen here you little punk. I have busted my tail and paid my dues in Ring of Honor for two years to get where I am at. And I am not going to let someone like you mess it up for me."

(I pushed his arms off of me and got right in his face.)

"You think I want to be in this match tonight? I have gotten maybe ten minutes of ring prep, BY MYSELF, because I thought I was going to wrestle in about a week or so. Luckily, I had my gear still in the passenger seat in my U-Haul. So instead of getting in my face and throwing all these threats my direction, you should thank me for even having a tag partner tonight."

"You know? You are right. Just know that I am going to be starting in the ring. If you are even lucky enough to get a tag in, don't get your tail kicked too bad. Who knows? When someone is pinning you or trying to make you tap, I might not even get in the ring to try to help you out."

"Same goes for you."

"No......see you're wrong about that. It's your first day here. If you don't try to intervene, do you honestly think anyone is going to have your back in any tag matches you will have down the road? Is anybody going to align with you? Its going to pretty miserable here knowing that every tag match you will have on the card will pretty much be a handicap match instead."

"Like I said, try not to screw up too much rookie."

(He then walked away as I say back down and continued to put on my gear.)

Last edited by RememberMe12; 03-07-2011 at 06:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »