Home

FIFA 12: Darrell Martins - A new era in management

This is a discussion on FIFA 12: Darrell Martins - A new era in management within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Pro

rhysyboy's Arena

OVR: 6
FIFA 12: Darrell Martins - A new era in management

June 17th, 2011

Darrell Martins
Blog 1:

I've decided to leave my job at Stockport. Assistant coach just wasn't enough for me, so I've decided I'm going to attempt becoming manager of a football club. I've searched all over the UK, and found a few jobs. Shamrock Rovers is the one that I'm most keen on.

Wait, let me introduce myself. I'm Darrell Martins, 36, English. I was the assistant coach at Stockport County until approximately 15:27 yesterday. When I was younger, I dreamed off being the best footballer in the world. When I was 7, I was signed by Port Vale, my local side. In an U15 match against Carlisle, being an all-action midfielder, I went in hard on a slide tackle and caught my boot in the wet sludgy turf. Snap. My body carried on moving and I felt agony shooting up my left leg. I lay there, feeling my dream being taken away from me. And it was. Doctors said I could walk again, but the leg was so badly damaged, football at the high intensity of Football League was never going to happen.

I carried on with my education, went to university and continued my life. I saw that Stockport wanted to recruit new coaches, and I applied. I was given the job 3 months later after training for my coaching badges. I worked there for 3 years, but I've decided to leave. Let's hope I can get a new job quickly...

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Pro

rhysyboy's Arena

Re: FIFA 12: Darrell Martins - A new era in management

MARTINS TAKES OVER AT SHAMROCK

Shamrock Rovers today announced the identity of their new manager - 36 year old Englishman Darrell Martins. Martins, who has no experience other than assistant manager at Stockport County, is a shot in the dark for Shamrock, who are Ireland's most successful side.

Martins said: "It is a genuine honour to be appointed by such a great side, and I hope to deliver another league title to Shamrock and maybe go on a European run next season".

Rovers' players were said to be slightly mystified by the decision, but star striker Gary Twigg is said to be anticipating the season greatly following the comment "Gary is an integral part of my plans and he can expect to be the team's lynchpin. I expect a lot of him for this year".

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly

Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
Pro

rhysyboy's Arena

Re: FIFA 12: Darrell Martins - A new era in management

SHAMROCK MAKE BIG SIGNINGS

Shamrock Rovers have secured the signing of Irish Dagenham and Redbridge right-back Patrick McRory and Wolves striker Jamie Cassidy. McRory arrives for a fee of £250,000 on a 4-year deal, while Jamie Cassidy is in on a season-long loan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »