Home

Ultimate Fighting Championship: A New World

This is a discussion on Ultimate Fighting Championship: A New World within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2012, 03:26 AM   #9
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Ultimate Fighting Championship: A New World

Nice to see.. cool... as u can tell i have fights alot, but why not, i dont want fighters going 3-4 weeks between fights, right now on avg there going about 12-15 days, Im still thinking of a ranking system to be able to sort out the guys on a roll and determine who is that #1 contender, Unless i just keep it the way i have it now and if someone has won 3 or 4 fights in a row and a couple of them over good fighters, then give him a shot, Like Forrest, he beat Thiago Silva and now faces Shogun, if he wins that one, he may be close to being next in line to face the Rampage/Evans winner,

Iam trying to make sure i level it out to where i dont have like 2 good welterweights go at it and then the winner gets next shot, and then just so happens at the next PPV the WW title is on the line, but no opponent yet for the champion, but if that happens ill just find the next best guy in line, give him the shot, and then the winner of that WW #1 contender fight would be next after that. so far its been fun matching up guys. Sometimes im like ok there is 3 good choices ugh who to pick lol.. I almost had former LHW champ Jon Jones fight Forrest, but Forrest and Shogun have gone longer since last fight... anyways good luck with it
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Pfft why not have a lot of fights, right! It's all about having fun and making the experience enjoyable. Having dynasties like these always allows for a bit of "artistic freedom." Same thing for dealing with rankings: it's largely arbitrary how we treat them, but we always make some effort to make it consistent. I enjoy the process, I enjoy reading yours, and I hope others will enjoy both and have fun comparing the two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
Nice to see.. cool... as u can tell i have fights alot, but why not, i dont want fighters going 3-4 weeks between fights, right now on avg there going about 12-15 days, Im still thinking of a ranking system to be able to sort out the guys on a roll and determine who is that #1 contender, Unless i just keep it the way i have it now and if someone has won 3 or 4 fights in a row and a couple of them over good fighters, then give him a shot, Like Forrest, he beat Thiago Silva and now faces Shogun, if he wins that one, he may be close to being next in line to face the Rampage/Evans winner,

Iam trying to make sure i level it out to where i dont have like 2 good welterweights go at it and then the winner gets next shot, and then just so happens at the next PPV the WW title is on the line, but no opponent yet for the champion, but if that happens ill just find the next best guy in line, give him the shot, and then the winner of that WW #1 contender fight would be next after that. so far its been fun matching up guys. Sometimes im like ok there is 3 good choices ugh who to pick lol.. I almost had former LHW champ Jon Jones fight Forrest, but Forrest and Shogun have gone longer since last fight... anyways good luck with it
Old 03-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
UFC Fight Night 2: Results!

UFC Fight Night 2

---

Middleweight Division Jorge Rivera v. Yoshihiro Akiyama – TKO, 1st round, 3:33

The first fight of the night helped kick-off an already pumped up crowd for UFC Fight Night 2 in Las Vegas with judo expert Yoshihiro Akiyama and veteran striker Jorge Rivera. Both fighters came out striking in the initial minute, landing multiple kicks and punches until Akiyama, after an unsuccessful takedown about a minute in, resorted to the clinch. Two takedown resulted in two reversals to the mount from Rivera, where he teed off on Akiyama and kept him stunted for most of the first round. Akiyama was rocked after multiple shots to the side of the skull and managed to survive, but Rivera thought to himself, “fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice, and I’ll knock your lights out.”

Rivera rocked him again with more vicious shots to the side of the skull and Akiyama went limp at 3:33 in the very first round, never able to get back up and causing Mario Yamasaki to rush in and stop the fight, giving Jorge Rivera a huge win that no doubt will catapult him upwards from the bottom of the middleweight division rankings.

Heavyweight Division – Pat Barry v. Travis BrowneTKO, 3rd round, 4:24

Browne started the fight with some great kicks, reversing a clinch attempt and pushing Barry up to the cage early. Once both fighters got free again, Barry came back on his own and levelled Browne with some great head and body punches. Browne had trouble gaining momentum for the next few minutes with Barry seemingly ready to counter at every turn. They went back into the clinch game with two minutes to go, which seemed to get Browne back on track, opening Barry up with a strong punch to the face and eventually gaining side control on the ground. By the end of the round, both fighters were left cut after some back-and-forth ground and pound, and both men were feeling it in their corners.

The second round began with some more solid stand-up, with both fighters exchanging haymakers and big kicks to the body. The fight was a vicious back and forth until Browne went for the clinch once again, eventually wrestling Barry down to the ground. Browne remained dominant for most of the rest of the round on the ground, working on the now swelling cut above Barry’s eye. Once Barry managed to get back to his feet, the back and forth stand-up game began again. With 45 seconds left, Barry managed to catch a kick and send Browne down, yet Browne got back to his feet with relative ease. When the horn blew, both had to go back for more repairs, with no shortage of blood smeared across the Octagon.

Browne charged to start the 3rd round, only to get caught off-guard when Barry switched to southpaw. The fight stayed up until Browne got the clinch for a third time, where a knee to the face ruined all Barry’s corner’s work on his cut eye. The fight stayed against the cage for the next couple of minutes, and when it broke off, Browne began to regret it. He got rocked after a massive counter from Barry, but managed to stand on his feet. With a minute remaining, the fight was still anybody’s game. That was Browne’s signal to put an end to it. As was the story all fight, a vicious uppercut counter became one too many for Barry to survive, sending him absolutely flying to the mat and the opportunistic Browne pouncing and relentlessly pounding on the severely damaged eye of Barry until the fight was brought to a stop at 4:24 of the 3rd round.

Middleweight Division – Kendall Grove v. Wanderlei SilvaTKO, 1st round, 4:37

The UFC fighter looking to make a case for an advance up the rankings took on a veteran of all veteran to try and do it: Wanderlei Silva. Grove outmatched Silva in height and reach, but was unable to defend from Silva’s strikes and his surprising quickness early. Grove did manage to catch Silva in a clinch a couple of times, but both times, it was Silva that came out on top, eventually cutting Grove above the eye. Both men started to get aggressive, just throwing punches back and forth for the middle two minutes of the round until Silva initiated a clinch of his own with strong knees against the cage to Grove’s face. The final minute ended with some more back and forth punching.

With thirty seconds to go, it was the veteran who showed that even in the most tense of situations, composure means everything. Groves left himself open after a wild punch and Silva sent him stumbling with a counter uppercut, pouncing on the downed Grove’s back and laying shot after shot into the side of his head until his arms went numb, fell to the mat, and Yves Lavigne rushed in to push the victorious veteran off the dejected Kendall Grove.

This dominant show of power from Wanderlei Silva should certainly help him gain a foothold in the middleweight rankings.

Bantamweight Division Damacio Page v. Scott Jorgensen – Unanimous Decision

Jorgensen was certainly favoured going into this fight, but Damacio Page is a heavy-hitting fighter with knockout power that could not be counted out. As we’ve seen all night, both fighters came out with fists flying, with Page actually attempted the first takedown, only to be stopped and taken down by Jorgensen just seconds later. Page managed to reverse it and stay dominant as the first round wore on, mounting Jorgensen multiple times but never able to get anything together. The crowd started chanting for Jorgensen as Page began to lay some heavy elbows to Jorgensen three minutes in, but it was no help, with Jorgensen getting rocked and subsequently locked into an arm bar. After a long struggle, Jorgensen managed to roll out of it, but was clearly feeling the effects when the fight came back up. Jorgensen did manage to knock Page down with an uppercut, but Page sprung right back up and took the fight right back to the ground. The fight would end stand-up, with Jorgensen again sending Page back down to the canvas with a vicious uppercut with just seconds left, sending a message that he wasn’t ready to be controlled in this fight quite yet.

Page’s corner suggested he try and use the ground game some more and catch Jorgensen off-guard but it was Jorgensen who came out strong with a big superman punch and takedown. Jorgensen would get to the full mount but couldn’t get through Page’s defences, and so he opted for an arm triangle. That wasn’t happening either, and Page easily broke out. Jorgensen remained on top, however, and nailed Page with a few good elbows. Page was able to eventually reverse while Jorgensen was in full guard, but Jorgensen now was the keener, using some great defence to keep Page’s game ground game stunted. He couldn’t get up, though, and Page got some shots in, getting Jorgensen up against the cage and levelling him with a few solid elbows. Jorgensen ended the round cut as a result, and both writers were gassed after a largely ground-based 2nd.

The decision was a toss-up heading into the 3rd. Would both fighters try sealing the round on the ground, or would one go for the end early with another submission or KO? We got our answer early. Jorgensen had Page on the ground within seconds, but Page reversed it and got Jorgensen with two big punches to the jaw and got him against the cage again. Page went to work, nailing Jorgensen with 3 elbows and rocking him hard, but Jorgensen managed to survive and get himself out of it. Page kept dominating though, eventually letting Jorgensen up. This may have been a bad choice as Jorgensen cut him, until Jorgensen got rocked for a second time. For a second time he survived. While they were on the ground, Page rocked him a third time, but he managed to survive one more time. From there, though, Jorgensen was toast. Page remained dominant on the round, although again took the fight back up, only to take Jorgensen down to the ground again. The fight would go the distance with Page remaining dominant on the ground, Jorgensen bleeding badly and struggling to see out of either eye.

The decision was no surprise: 30 to 27, 30 to 26, and 30 to 26 in an upset unanimous victory for Damacio Page over Scott Jorgensen. This will no doubt be a big setback for Jorgensen, but ultimately should be a massive boost for Page in the Bantamweight division.

Light Heavyweight Division (Fight of the Night) – Vladimir Matyushenko v. Thiago Silva -- TKO, 3rd round, 4:48

The co-main event of the evening promised to be a clash of titans, with the ageless Matyushenko taking on the ever-fierce Thiago Silva. Matyushenko dominated early with some early punches and turning a Silva takedown attempt into a takedown of his own. Silva would reverse though, but let Matyushenko up. Matyushenko then took Silva down twice, only to immediately let him back up, as if to dare Silva to take the fight to the ground. Silva was unfazed, landing some heavy shots, although it was Matyushenko that would open Silva up with a huge counter left hand. Matyushenko took advantage of a mistake, catching a kick and bringing Silva down, only to let him up again and then rock him with a massive right hand. Silva would survive and eventually reverse the situation into a full mount on Matyushenko, but it didn’t last. The round ended with a transition festival, and a nasty cut over Silva’s left eye.

Silva came out kicking, eventually taking Matyushenko down after he foolishly charged forward. Both fighters were back up in no time, and after Matyushenko failed to take Silva down again, he was caught with a left hand that left him cut. Matyushenko succeeded on his next takedown effort, but now it was Silva letting his opponent back up. With 2 minutes to go, it turned into a boxing match again, with Silva arguably taking the upper hand. Matyushenko would get rocked, but he snapped back in no time, only to get rocked immediately afterwards and sent crashing to the canvas. He fought out of it, eventually finding himself with a full mount on Silva, but Silva defended hard. The round ended on the ground, and both Rogan and Goldberg agreed that the third round would decide this great fight.

Matyushenk may be 40 years old, but he came out firing in round three. He went to the clinch, taking Silva down, but Silva would reverse. Silva found himself getting sloppy, though, as Matyushenko reversed right back, landing some hard shots to the side of Silva’s head in a headlock. Matyushenko started working from side control, working on Silva’s eye and body with some hard elbows and knees. Silva struggled to compete, even having an acrobatic cage reversal immediately turned back by Matyushenko. With 90 seconds left, both fighters got up, but Silva rocked his opponent with a surprise uppercut. This sent the fight back to the ground, but Matyushenko would once again recover and gain control.

For some reason, Matyushenko let Silva get up with 30 seconds to go, and Silva got sick and tired of being taunted. Silva immediately rocked Matyushenko again with a haymaker, pouncing his opponent and jumping with a fury of rights to the downed Matyushenko, with the referee forced to call a stop with just 12 seconds left in a third round that arguably belonged to Matyushenko.

That’s why the rounds are 5 minutes, though, and not 4 and a half: the win goes to Thiago Silva.

Lightweight Division Sean Sherk v. Joe Stevenson – Unanimous Decision

The main event of the evening was a bout between two lightweights who want to contend again and they want it now. Sherk tried taking it to the ground early, but was stuffed and gave Stevenson the advantage. Sherk would reverse and work between side control and full guard, but could not keep the fight on the ground. Stevenson hit Sherk with a rattling combo, but then Sherk blocked a takedown of his own. Stevenson kept throwing big punches, and another succession of failed takedown attempts filled the third minute. Stevenson would eventually capitalize on one and take Sherk to the ground, connecting with a few elbows before Stevenson rolled over and got his own set of solid punches on a downed Stevenson. This very even and slow-paced, somewhat crowd-dulling round would end on the ground with Stevenson landing a crushing blow from the full mount.

In the first five seconds, Stevenson hurt Sherk badly with a surprise uppercut, but he would rebound and take Stevenson down and right into a full mount. Stevenson landed a couple of stiff elbows before being reversed, only for Sherk to take control again and cut Stevenson open with his own hard elbows. Sherk kept the fight there no matter how often Stevenson got up against the cage, and the last few minutes consisted of some more ground game against the cage. Stevenson was bleeding profusely by the time the last minute hit, suffering with those elbows. Out of nowhere, though, Stevenson surprised Sherk with an ankle lock, but Sherk easily broke out. For the last 30 seconds, Sherk found himself with a full mount again, working more on Stevenson’s busted brow.

The third round seemed like it was going to decide this fight. Sherk came out with a stiff left and another takedown, taking control early. Stevenson would flip Sherk over, though, and posture up, only to have Sherk reverse that yet again. The fight went up against the cage like in Round 2, with both fighters swapping reversals, but with no real damage being done. Sherk continued to force Stevenson down no matter how many times he got up against the cage, and again they began swapping ground reversals. The last minute of the third round ended about as uneventfully as it began, with a number of reversals but few punches landed. The buzzer ended on this largely technical bout, and went to the judges’ scorecards.

On a score of 29-28, 29-28, and 29-28, Sean Sherk took a close unanimous decision where Joe “Daddy” Stevenson was never able to get out of playing takedown defence for the majority of the fight. It wasn’t pretty, but it should propel Sherk up the rankings.

---

That ends the night! It may not have ended as spectacularly as it began, but it was a memorable event nevertheless. Stay tuned for UFC Fight Night 3!

Last edited by Vice; 03-02-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #12
Pro

benton32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice
Pfft why not have a lot of fights, right! It's all about having fun and making the experience enjoyable. Having dynasties like these always allows for a bit of "artistic freedom." Same thing for dealing with rankings: it's largely arbitrary how we treat them, but we always make some effort to make it consistent. I enjoy the process, I enjoy reading yours, and I hope others will enjoy both and have fun comparing the two!
So i assume those dates u have up on upcoming events, is not the real date u will do them on, cause that would be a long wait, lol, Ya im trying to add video to my results, but it drives me nuts, the fastest way to do it is through my phone, record the video and upload straight to photobucket.com but the quality isnt as great on my phone, and then if i use my webcam and try uploading straight to youtube, it takes like 45 mins for one fight to download, ugh haha, Iam currently working on transfering everything over to this website i have, it will be easier to look around and stuff, it will have seperate link tabs to like Fight Cards, Stadnings etc
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #13
Pro

benton32's Arena

By the way i need to do my stacked UFC 5 event haha... ill post it up in alil bit, i may try the phone thing again,

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »