Home

Valencia CF - La Liga no longer a 2 horse race

This is a discussion on Valencia CF - La Liga no longer a 2 horse race within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Valencia CF - La Liga no longer a 2 horse race

Ok so after reading about all these football stories on this forum it has got me in the mood to wipe the dust of my Fifa 12 disk and give the career mode 1 more chance. I figure that since La Liga is probably the strongest league in the world then that is the place i want to play my football and prove myself!

I will be using Valencia with my goal being to dispose of Barcelona and Real Madrid from the top 2 positions in Spain! Although to be honest i will be happy with 3rd place in my first season atleast however in reality its more than possible i could finish bottom half of the league.

Difficulty - Legendary
Board Difficulty - Legendary
Match Length - 10 Min(half)

Oh well the time for talking is over i guess, lets get this started!

P.s Any comments, feedback etc would be gladly appreciated

Last edited by Jam_Van_Dam; 03-26-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Valencia CF - La Liga no longer a 2 horse race

With less than 2 months before the start of the 2011-12 season Valencia CF have announced unknown 21 year old Jamie Coull as their new manager. The news come as a bizarre and major shock around as several high profile managers were in the mix for the vacancy"

The following statement was later made by Mr Coull: "First of all I want to thank the Valencia CF president Manuel Llorente for giving me this chance to succeed at such a historic club like Valencia. I never actually thought I’d be sitting here right and to be honest it still has not sunk in yet. I know a lot of people are unhappy with this decision and they have every right to be but that will not affect me and how I do my job. At the end of the day I sat down with Mr Llorente and I didn’t use any fancy words, make any fake promises, no high salary demands however what I did offer was 100% passion and commitment towards the beautiful game of football and this club and that’s exactly what you are all going to see. I look forward to seeing all the fans turn up for our first pre-season game against FC Augsburg…..you will not be disappointed!”

A pretty emotional interview with the newest Scotsman to enter La Liga, time will tell if Valencia did indeed make the right decision.

Weekly Wage: £6000
Contract Clause: Qualify for Europa league
Transfer Budget: £10,000,000
Wage Budget: £74,000

Last edited by Jam_Van_Dam; 03-23-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Breaking News

L.A. Galaxy have confirmed the departure of David Beckham to Valencia for a fee of £1,000,000M. Beckham has signed a 1 year deal at £40,000 a week and had the following to say about the transfer: "I enjoyed my time here in America but the standard of football is not the greatest. Everyone knows i want to prolong my England international career and i feel a move to Spain can do that. I feel that i did my best to put MLS on the map and to make it the biggest tournament in the States even bigger than the Superbowl!!"

Last edited by Jam_Van_Dam; 03-23-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Valencia 2011-2012 Pre Season Transfers

Transfers

In
David Beckham CM (LA Galaxy) £1M
William Gallas CB (Tottenham) £3M
Di Natale CF (Udinese) £20M

Out
Maduro CB (Bayern Leverkusen) £2.9M
Dealbert CB (Cataina) £2M
Portu CM (Watford) £550K
Adriuz ST (Aston Villa) £8M
Feghouli (Bayern Munich) £6.5M
Barragan RB (Catania)
Paco Alcacer ST (Norwich)
Pardo CB (FC Cartagena)

Loan

Last edited by Jam_Van_Dam; 03-27-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Pre-Season Matches

Valencia 0 – 1 Dijon

G. Thil (Pen) 59'

Horrible start for new manager Jamie Coull as his team was booed off the pitch after they losing 1-0 to Mestalla Stadium. David Beckham made his debut for the club as did William Gallas from the bench but neither did much to stake a claim in the starting 11 although Beckham could have snatched a draw for Valencia in the dying seconds however he seen his 24 yard shot curl narrowly passed the post.

Evian Thonon FC 1 – 0Valencia

S. Khelifa 32’

Another shocking display from Valencia ends up in another pre-season loss for them. With no apparent improvement from their first pre-season game you have to wonder how they are going to handle the pressure next week against English giants Manchester City.

Valencia 0 – 4 Manchester City

W. Sneijder 14’

W. Sneijder 32'

C. Tevez 60’

C Tevez 67’

A Wesley Sneijder free kick in the 14th minute was the first of 4 goals today for City on their way to an emphatic win over Valencia at the Mestalla Stadium. The English giants dominated from start to finish as they prepared for their opening English Premier League fixture. Valencia meanwhile are all over the place and in desperate need of a striker up front. With a lack of money and already having bids for Podolski and Vagner Love rejected things are not looking good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see these results are horrible and it looks like La Liga will already be a 2 horse race this season. Although the 1 huge positive I take from all this is at least I know I can't play any worse!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Match day 1

CA Osasuna 1 – 1 Valencia CF

Raul Garcia (Osa) 41’

Nino (Osa) 45’

Jonas (Val) 77’

Match Facts

10 Shots 6

5 Shots on target 2

54% Possession 46%

15 Tackles 7

3 Fouls 2

50% Shot Accuracy 33%

86% Pass Accuracy 81%

Valencia opened up their 2011-2012 campaign away from home with a share of the spoils when faced off against Osasuna today. The game was mostly contested in the middle of the field as neither team took control of the game however the home side managed to get in front with a strike from Nino just before the half time whistle. Valencia came out in the 2nd half pushing hard to get the equalizer but could not seem to break down the stubborn home defence. Beckham made his Valencia league debut with 24 minutes left, Sergio Canales also came on to add some much needed pace to the team. Finally with 13 minutes to go Jordi Alba broke down the wing and fired in a cross that was met by the head of Jonas and flew into the back of the net. The action was not finished however as Diego Alves had to make a a great save very late on to deny Osasuna all 3 points.

Man of the match: Raul Garcia (Osa) 7.30
1 Assist

Last edited by Jam_Van_Dam; 03-23-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Match day 2

Valencia CF 0 – 1Racing Club

Kennedy 9’(Rac)
Bernardo 25’ (Rac)
Stuani 43’ (Rac)
Rami 89’ (Val)

Match Facts

4 Shots 5
3 Shots on target 1
42% Possession 58%
13 Tackles 12
4 Fouls 2
75% Shot Accuracy 20%
82% Pass Accuracy 92%

Man of the match: Tono (Rac) 6.60
Clean Sheet, 3 saves

Valencia saw their first game at the Mestalla stadium of the 2011-12 season finish in disaster as they were beaten by Racing Club 1 goal to nil. A lack of creativity upfront was the main downfall today for the home side although matters were not helped when A.Costa missed a penalty kick in the first half. Racing probably just did enough in the end to deserve all 3 points today and that has to be a major concern for everyone involved at Valencia.
---------------------------------------------------

Again I was pretty awful in this match. However I know I am capable of much better and hopefully next match I can prove that.

Last edited by Jam_Van_Dam; 03-24-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Transfer Deadline News

With only 2 hours remaining in the transfer window Valencia have decided to splash the cash with the signing of Udinese striker Di Natale for £20M. Valencia so far this year have been lacking fire power upfront however this signing looks to have changed. The Italian who had recently said he was looking for a move to a bigger club had made it clear he would be staying in Serie A however obviously things have changed now, it will be interesting to see what made reconsider his claims and join Valencia FC.

---------------------------------------------------

Biggest transfer deals 2011-12

Player/from/to/£
Benzema - Real Madrid - Tottenham - £41M
Sneijder - Inter Milan - Manchester City - £34M
Modric - Tottenham - Manchester United - £32.5M
Schweinsteiger - Bayern Munich - Real Madrid - £29M
Boateng - AC Milan - Bayern Munich - £29M

-------------------------------------------

Valencia CF 2011-12 Sqaud

Goalkeeper
Diego Alves 80
Guaita 79
Christian Pereira 65

Defence
Rami 82
Victor Ruiz 79
Gallas 78
Jordi Alba 78
Mathieu 76
Ricardo Costa 75
Miguel 75
Bruno 73

Midfield
Banega 80
Beckham 79
Costa 79
Topai 78
Albelda 77
Sergio Canales 77
Pablo Hernandez 76
Dani Perejo 76
Piatti 74
Bernat 66
Armiche 62

Attack
Di Natale 86
Soldado 84
Jonas 80
Eldin 60

Last edited by Jam_Van_Dam; 03-27-2012 at 11:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »