Home

The Quest for English Hero (FM12)

This is a discussion on The Quest for English Hero (FM12) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Quest for English Hero (FM12)

Last edited by jasontoddwhitt; 05-30-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

Manager Whitt's Take: I'll take the three points. It was a mid-week match, the conditions were miserable, Maidenhead was parking the bus and looking to hit us on the counter. Add all those up and it makes for a very horrible match to watch. Maidenhead has a good keeper in Nick Bussey. We generated five good chances and we were only able to come away with one goal.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Pro

rhysyboy's Arena

OVR: 6

Nice new style of update

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysyboy
Nice new style of update
Thank you...I decided about half way through that I wanted to report on this...but I didn't really want to go to in-depth on games that had been played a while back. lol
Old 06-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #13
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

THIRD ROUND

Post Game Comments

This was a hard fought battle today. Once we got up, we did pull back on the reigns a bit to milk the result. We still generated enough chances, but I don't know if had something to do with the windy conditions today, but neither team could get shots on goal. I'm still not sure how Moses managed to shoot over the goal in the six yard box, but he made up for it later. Our defense was outstanding today. We limited their opportunities and they few they did get, Chris Elliott was able to stop them.

Giuseppe Sole left the pitch in the 90th minute with an injury. What is his status?

We don't think it's anything major. Obviously, we'll re-evaluate him tomorrow, but we're confident it's nothing serious.

Your team is exceeding expectations by advancing to the fourth round. Do you worry about this competition taking preparation away from securing the league title?

Match congestion is a bit of a concern, but I'm never one to throw a match. We've done a good job of rotating the squad throughout the year. If you noticed, we had a few younger guys in there today after the mid-week match we had. The league takes precedent, but we are taking this competition seriously.

Truro's players believed the ref missed a blatant penalty in the 86th minute. What is your take on the situation?

I think most pundits would agree that it was best for the ref to err on the side of caution there. Players are always going to think there was a foul. It would've been a very controversial call to call a penalty in that situation.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #14
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

An efficient performance from Woking earned them a 5-2 win over Wellling United at Park View Road.

Experienced midfielder Adam Newton gave Woking the lead with an incisive finish in the 18th minute. Striker Warren McBean then equalized for Welling United in the 26th minute with a well timed finish from close range.

Strike Giuseppe Sole then put Woking in front after 28 minutes with a shot from the edge of the area. Welling United's equalizer came through Loick Pires as he seized on Adam Doyle's mistake to score an incisive finish. Winger Dale Binns then put Woking in front after 71 minutes with a good header from just inside the six yard box.

An error from Welling United's Junior Osborne allowed Binns to score a tidy finish. Midfielder Jack Byrne completed the rout with a deftly executed finish in the 89th minute.

With his stellar performance, Binns was named the Man of the Match. He has made 30 appearances so far this season for the Cardinals, scoring ten goals. With the victory, Woking have notched up six straight wins and the promotion contenders lie in first place by 13 points over Truro.

Post Game Comments

A quite incredible victory for your team today. Just how pleased are you by the final score?

I thought we played very well today and it's very satisfying to be able to say that. Anytime you pick up three points away from home, it's always something. We were deadly in attack today. We had a few lapses in defense that led to two goals, but overall, very pleased with the performance.

You have avoided defeat yet again to extend that impressive unbeaten run. The question on everyone's lips though: can you keep it going or do you think your team will suffer from over-confidence?

Absolutely. Confidence is high and the team is playing very well. It's pretty impressive what we have done this season. We haven't lost a league game since October. We haven't lost a match since we dropped out of the FA Cup. I'm not saying we won't win every match. Once it looks more and more likely that we'll hoist the league title, we'll probably give some run to the younger guys, but it's still impressive to be on a 17-match unbeaten streak. As for over-confidence...no. Confidence only brings about good performances. If it was over-confidence, we wouldn't have made it this far.

Dale Binns had a great game for you out there today. Whad did you make of it?

He was simply faultless today.

Mitchell Hanson has had a fine start to his Woking career, turning in consistently impressive performances in his first few matches for the club. This must presumably make you delighted that a new signing has bedded in so well?

I am pleased that he has hit the ground running and I think the fans are too. In the nine appearances he has made, he's simply been impressive.

There are rumors that you are still in the market for another player. Do you think you will be bringing a new face in?

I've always believed that you have to always be on the lookout for improving your squad. At this point in the season though, it's not likely, barring a rash of injuries.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #15
Pro

rhysyboy's Arena

OVR: 6

2 good results there!

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #16
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysyboy
2 good results there!
I've never had a streak of good form like I'm having right now. 17 games without a loss...wow.

Thanks for reading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »