Home

Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13)

This is a discussion on Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #65
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13)

Sep 22, 2012 - Columbus Crew vs Chicago Fire
TEAM12SCORE
Columbus Crew (12-10-7)112
Chicago Fire (17-5-6)202
Team Stats Comparison
Columbus CrewChicago Fire
2Goals2
8Shots8
5Shots on Target4
6Tackles6
1Fouls2
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
62%Shot Accuracy50%
91%Passing Percentage91%

Rivals have a way of bringing out the best in one another. The Fire hate the Crew. The Crew hate the Fire. And when these teams get together we are almost guaranteed a great game. The rain would fall on these two foes again as they met in Toyota Park. The whistle would sound and a name we have become extremely familiar with would draw first blood. Allen would carve up the Columbus back line early for a 7' minute goal that found the bottom left corner. The Crew would answer with a run of their own, as Gaven dribbled around Pause, drew the keepr Johnson out and kissed a pass off his outside foot to a waiting Tchani who put it home easily. Allen would not be denied, hoever, as he came right down the field and put a ball from Alex into almost the exact same spot as before for the goal. After the half, the game would continue to be hard fought as fouls would happen from both sides and hard tackles were common. Tchani would send a late chance wide and as extra time would begin, the Fire began to relax. Gaven took this opportunity to make a late run up the side that would become a corner. The Crew took the corner, and Higuari would volley home the shot untouched by Johnson for the unbelievable last minute equalizer. The home stadium would remain silent as the game would end in a 2-2 draw.

Notable Allen statistics:
7.5 Rating
Goals: 7', 44'
5 shots, 2 on target
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #66
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Sep 25, 2012 - Chicago Fire vs New York Red Bulls
TEAM12SCORE
Chicago Fire (17-6-6)011
New York Red Bulls (11-11-8)000
Team Stats Comparison
Chicago FireNew York Red Bulls
1Goals0
10Shots2
5Shots on Target1
4Tackles8
1Fouls3
0Yellow Cards1
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
50%Shot Accuracy50%
93%Passing Percentage86%

The season is will soon be drawing to a close, but the Chicago Fire have stayed red hot and New York could do nothing to dampen that streak. Chicago sent shot after shot at the Red Bulls but Robles turned them all away. Sadly for the Red Bulls, it counldl't last forever and in the 64' Rolfe would finesse in a cross from Thompson out wide for the frist and final goal. The Fire cruise to victory in New York, 1-0.

Rating 6.1
6 shots, 3 on target
Well played game by the keeper and some bad shots by Allen
Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #67
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Sep 28, 2012 - Chicago Fire vs Sporting KC
TEAM12SCORE
Chicago Fire (18-6-6)101
Sporting KC (14-6-10)011
Team Stats Comparison
Chicago FireSporting KC
1Goals1
3Shots6
2Shots on Target4
2Tackles7
1Fouls0
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
66%Shot Accuracy66%
87%Passing Percentage87%

Who is the MVP? Well this battle may have been a preview of it as the MLS two top young players Convey and Allen would square off against one another in Kansas City. Convey leads the league in assists, while Allen leads the league in goals. Both share the ball extremely well and can score from all angles. Alas, the man who is in the lead for the quest of the golden boot would strike first as Thompson once again would show his passings skills and find Allen on the left side of the box. He faked left, spun right and sent in a shot to the upper right side of the net over the reach of the keeper. Convey would have his chances, but it was really Sepong who would press against the Fire back line with many near misses the entire first half. The Fire would try to hold possession in the second half, but KC wrested it away with a couple of big runs by Convey up the wing. Besler would not disappoint as he sent in a rocket cross to Opara for the 73' volley to tie it all 1-1. The game would remain that way, even after a late build up by the Fire that ended with an Allen shot that got deflected off the defender to end the game. We shall see if Allen's performance tonight propelled him into the lead of the MVP race over Convey.

6.1 Rating
Goals: 29'
2 shots, both on target
Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #68
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

US Friendly Team Announced, Upstart Rookie Makes Squad
by Dave Seville

Outstanding MLS MVP candidate and spectacular rookie Alvin Allen has been announced as a member of the United States national team for their upcoming home and away friendlies against Korea Republic. Alvin has been in the news recently for his spectacular goal scoring ability, but as well as the unfortunate news that his brother Alton will be headed to a federal prison facility on weapon and drug charges.
Klinsman, manager of the US squad, isn't worried about the media circus surrounding the famous Allen family featuring NBA all star "Triple A" Allen. He said in a statement, "I believe we have chosen the best possible American team for these upcoming matches. I look forward to working with all of the young players, including Alvin." Needless to say, many will be watching to see how the young striker will fare against international competition. Remember, the World Cup is only two years away, so we'll have to see if Alvin can get himself prepared to possibly be chosen for that coveted spot come next summer.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-30-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #69
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

I found myself in the VIP section of Black Tie, the hottest new club in Chicago. The lights were dim and the music was blazing. My brother Al was getting familiar with some girls at the bar. Meanwhile I sat at the table with about five people I didn't know that were obviously athletes of some sort by their size, and of course the agent extraordinaire Theo Williams was there with Quinn on one side of him and some sort of woman that looked like a video chick on his other arm.
"Congratulations, Alvin," Theo yelled over the music, "I wish you continued success. Have a drink, kid! Its on me."
"First of all I'm only 18, and I wouldn't drink to a toast from you anyway," I snapped back.
"Oh come come now," Theo laughed, "We're all just here to have a little fun, right girls?" he said as he looked at both of them. Qunin pretended to laugh and enjoy herself as Theo then proceeded to grope both of them. I was furious.
"What am I here for?" I yelled angrily.
"Oh no need to get angry Alvin. We're just showing my new clients a good time. And you, dear boy, are now my star attraction," he smirked. "You see, my boys here," he said as he motioned towards the guys at the table, who were now clearly distracted by more women coming to the table, "these guys are all my new clients from the major American sports, but I underestimated the effect that having you on board with me would have."
"You don't own me," I said hitting the table, "I haven't signed any contract."
"Oh you don't have to," he grinned, "I own you utterly and completely. You see, I didn't realize how starved the world was for an American superstar. Mia Hamm, Landon Donovan, and Abby Wambach were just brushing the surface. If you continue on your pace, you could be the biggest star in a single sports on American soil." Theo then had a starry far off gaze. "Think of it, you could be Michael Phelps or Lance Armstrong. You could be the one name everyone associates with American soccer."
I didn't know what to say. "Well...you..."
"Yes, me," he interrupted. "Kid, I have lots of plans for you. Even if you fall flat on your face, I'll be sure to get the most out of this relationship. Don't worry about anything. Keep playing well, and everything will work out for you. You might even enjoy yourself along the way. If not, well..." He glanced toward by brother threateningly. "Just do what I say. I've got something big in the works. Don't blow it this time. C'mon girls! I feel like dancing!" He got up and took the ladies to the dance floor. As I watched him leave, thinking about what Theo told me, I saw Quinn give me a quick determined glance. Okay, so if I keep playing well, and listen to Theo, and don't blow Quinn's cover, everything should work out...right? The waitress walked by our table with shots of some sort of clear liquid. I snatched one off the tray and knocked it back. It was time to see what I was capable of.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-31-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #70
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Oct 2, 2012 - Chicago Fire vs Philadelphia Union
TEAM12SCORE
Chicago Fire (18-7-6)202
Philadelphia Union (2-7-21)000
Team Stats Comparison
Chicago FirePhiladelphia Union
2Goals0
5Shots1
2Shots on Target1
6Tackles4
0Fouls0
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
40%Shot Accuracy100%
86%Passing Percentage86%

Summary:
The lowly Union had been run over by almost every team in this disappointing year, and things weren't about to get better against the first place Fire. Allen started the game fast, slicing through the Philadelphia back line dribbling left and putting a finish past a stunned keeper. After that goal it seemed as if the Union just gave up. Rolfe would add another just before the half on a breakaway due to a lob from Pardo. The few fans their were began to leave, and they didn't miss much as the Fire played keep away for the rest of the game. The Union drop another one 2-0 to the Fire.

6.9 Rating
Goals: 7'
1 shot on target
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #71
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Seattle Sounders Crowned US Open Champions
by Dave Seville

The Sounders took home an exciting US Open victory over Sporting KC 2-1 in the final. Many thought that after losing arguably their two best players in Gspruning and Montero that they would take a step back, but they mangaed to pull through and defeat a hungry Sporting KC team that holds a possible MVP candidate in Convey.

In other news, the US National team began this friendly round away against the Korean Republic. The game ended with Sapong adding a late goal for the US to push South Korea to a 1-1 draw. This is a very versatile squad with some different options for Klinsmann to move around. Will we see Allen in the next game? Tune in to find out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Loving this so far.

Two quick questions.

1. Are you playing as only Alvin or are you playing as the entire team?
2. Do you think that the MLS is on the rise, I really hope it is because I am like the only person in my friend group who kind of respects the MLS lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »