Home

Bringing Gold to CELTIC

This is a discussion on Bringing Gold to CELTIC within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Bringing Gold to CELTIC

I wish I had thought of it but I didn't know how because I don't have internet access in my dorm room for PS3 online. I would've loved to have Rangers in here, I could do so much in terms of stories with them, but I am replacing their rivalry with Hearts who are usually the only other threat.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #50
Rookie

I'm afraid it might be a little too easy and I don't want that to take away from my fun
Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #51
Rookie

What should I do, I don't want to purposely keep it close and I think going undefeated in unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #52
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

What sliders are you using?

I'm using Orion's and they have changed the game for me. I'm currently playing as Stuttgart in the Bundesliga and it is beyond realistic.

It very well could also be due to the fact that without Rangers there really is no competition there...
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #53
Rookie

Im using regular professional sliders so yeah ill try Orion's, how is it beyond realistic
Old 02-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #54
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

They just make the game feel like the real deal...you have to work for your chances at goal. And even then you need to really strike it well to find the back of the net.

It takes some time getting used to the slower pace and lengthier games, but then you learn to appreciate the results that much more.

I've had games where I severely outshoot the other team and games going the other way. I had. 7-0 win against Heerenveen in the Europa League at home, and I've had 3-1 losses where I feel lost due to the opponent's tactics.

Truly changes the playing experience.

I'd like to pop that one up here in the forum, but I'm already about a dozen games in and didn't keep stats...

Nonetheless, the sliders are strongly suggested
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #55
Rookie

Yeah I started with the sliders, you'll see the difference in results. I adjusted the speed a little bit though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #56
Rookie

First Loss Hurts

I was more nervous that I usually was. We had a game coming up in a few days, but it wasn't a regular game. This was my first ever Champions League game. Maybe its because I was so nervous, but for some reason I was more uptight than ever during our training sessions. It was my goal to bring Celtic to the spotlight, and this was the first step in doing so. Due to us having the Champions game, we had a short week. We only had about 2 days to practice so every minute was important. We couldn't accept and slacking off as we had a tough opponent coming up in FC Kobenhavn. We had some pretty good practices during those few days and overall I was pleased with how everyone was doing. I thought that we were ready for the big game. 'All right guys, bring it in,' I said after the last day of practice. 'Good job these last few days guys. I'm confident that we can bring home some glory tomorrow against Kobenhavn. Let's make everyone proud tomorrow, because I'm pretty sure it'll be a packed house.' I could hear chants of approval and anticipation for the game. 'Go home, get some good rest guys, we're gonna need it, big day tomorrow!' With that, we were off to our respective homes, resting for the night.

That night, I got back to my place and showered and relaxed. Just then I heard my Skype ringing. I went over to my computer and saw that my parents were calling me over Skype. 'Hey, Andy-Boyyyyy!' My dad said, along with my mom and brother in the background.
'Hey guys, what's going on?' I said back.
'Not much buddy. We hear you're in the Champions League tomorrow. That's awesome.'
'Yeah, we play Kobenhavn tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty confident but we still need to play hard, nothing is given, especially in this stage.'
'Well said my man. Hey, we signed up for Fox Soccer Premium, so we'll be able to watch the game live on TV tomorrow!' My dad sounded really excited about it.
'That's awesome! But hey, I gotta run now because I gotta get some rest for tomorrow, but thanks for the call guys.' I said.
'No problem buddy, good luck tomorrow and kick some butt.' My dad said as he ended the connection. It was good to hear from him. I was super excited now knowing that my parents were going to be watching from home.

The next day when I woke up, my stomach was full of butterflies. 'Why am I feeling like this, it's not like I've never coached these guys before.' I thought to myself. As I walked to my door to head out to the stadium, I noticed an envelope under my door. I picked it up and opened it to find a simple blank piece of paper in it with 'Good luck today' written on it. 'Who wrote this?' I thought to myself. I decided that I couldn't worry about it and headed to the stadium.

Soon enough, we were all together in the locker room, it was absolutely deafening up on the pitch. 'This is our time guys. Our time to shine, first game of the group stage. Let's show everyone that the Scottish League deserves to be here and let's also show everyone we're the best in the Scottish League,' Scott Brown said to his team. Myself and the other coaches watched from right next to them. I couldn't agree more with him. Soon, we were in the tunnel. Celtic in green and white and Kobenhavn in black. Then we were on our way out of the tunnel onto the pitch. The minute we stepped out there, the place went nuts, definently a sell out of about 70,000 people. Pretty soon, the game started...

Sep 11, 2012 - FC Kobenhavn vs Celtic
TEAM12SCORE
FC Kobenhavn (0-0-0)123
Celtic (0-0-0)112
Team Stats Comparison
FC KobenhavnCeltic
3Goals2
6Shots13
3Shots on Target9
16Tackles20
1Fouls2
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
50Shot Accuracy69
85Passing Percentage82
FC Kobenhavn Player Stats
STARTERSSHOTSSOGCKCROFFFCFS
M. Bergvold 30'
M. Abdellaque 65'
M. Abdellaque 70'
Celtic Player Stats
STARTERSSHOTSSOGCKCROFFFCFS
A. Stokes 3'
G. Hooper 89'

That's it, the game was over. I had lost my first game as coach of Celtic. There were some boos coming down from the crowd. Honestly I couldn't blame them. We started off fast, with the ball bouncing around the edge of the box before Stokes blasted home a shot in just the third minute. Kobenhavn was able to tie up the game before halftime. In the second half, Kobenhavn was able to score twice within 5 minutes to put them up 3-1. We were able to get some good attacks in but nothing happened. Hooper was able to score in the 89th minute to pull us to within a goal, but we were unable to capalize as we lost the game 3-2.

'Tough game out there guys,' I said in the locker room. 'You all played your best, no one is to blame, it was only the first game, we still have time to make it up. We have practice tomorrow as our next league game is in about 3 days. Get some rest and I'll see everyone tomorrow.' I said. I could tell that they were distressed, but Kobenhavn just played too aggressively. I went back to my condo and quickly went to bed. I wasn't in the mood to do anything else. On one hand I knew I needed to get over it because I would lose a lot in my career, but I still felt down. I dozed off to sleep...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »