Home

Rewriting the history of BGN (Offline League)

This is a discussion on Rewriting the history of BGN (Offline League) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Rewriting the history of BGN (Offline League)

"NASCAR Late Model Sportsman Series"

Here is the thread for the offline BGN league that will run with my NASCAR simulation. I am hoping this will turn into something nice. It's the first season and I didn't spend a lot of time on the cars and will be looking and working with the ratings to make sure it's an even playing field for everyone. Each season after this I will spend more time developing each season to look and feel more realistic and nice. Right now the ratings for everyone is 65-85 and after each year of completion your driver will move up a point so next year you will be 66-86 or what ever the ratings end up being because I may move it down to a 65-75 split if races get too spread out with only 21 cars on the track. When new drivers join each year they will start out as 65-85 to give the veteran drivers a chance to run for the championship and be moved up to NASCAR. I will move up this years champion and after that I may set some new criteria for advancement as the original plan as each years champion will probably be too much way down the road giving me too many non-real life drivers for the Cup seasons. I feel that this can turn out to be good and advancement just might not be what someone wants or isn't necessarily something that needs to be done frequently.

In 20 years if I get to the 1995 season and hopefully the participation is huge I would like to open up a Truck series as well running just like this one. We will see how that all goes as that is a long time down the road. I would like to finish a season every 6 months (3-4 months if I can stay up on everything) at the most giving it 7 actual years before that would happen and who knows what that time will bring. I started the 1980 carset 5 years ago to plan on doing this, but it wasn't until last year where things really came along so.......

I have nothing invested in this, but my time. I don't have a car and I may down the line (AI run of course) along with some real life drivers if the fields get small or for an added bit of realism. Not sure how that will turn out. That being said I am not interested in seeing any one driver do better than the other so it's all on equal ground except any veteran driver which just seems natural and shouldn't cause issues with newer drivers lacking at all. Maybe just move up their max stats up 1 or something, but I will figure all that out when the time comes and I iron out all the details as this is the first season after all and I have never run an offline league of any sorts.

I hope all of you that are in enjoy it and all you watching can enjoy and participate next year. Adding comments like you are doing an interview after the race is encouraged, but not required and if you do do something like that I will be sure to include them on the other forums for all to see as this is spread across 6 forums and 5 of which has a driver involved.

"1981 Late Model Sportsman Drivers List"

"1981 Late Model Sportsman Schedule"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Rewriting the history of BGN (Offline League)

"Sportsman 300"
February 14th, 1981

"Daytona International Raceway"
Daytona, Florida

Race 1 of 31 during the 1981 Season

"Qualifying"

"Race"

"#25 Ryan Cole leads the field to take the green flag in the first race for any of these drivers"

"#5 David Calhoun get's turned around by #25 Ryan Cole, #38 Keith Batson and #7 Ron Draggo is the unfortunate victim of this 4 wide incident an lap 3"

"After the pits stops were done under caution #66 David Hetzel slams into #25 Ryan Cole exiting pit lane and is followed up by a rear end shot by #51 Don Bouquin effectively ending all 3 drivers day"

"None of these guys must have learned from the first time, but for over 1 lap they went 4 wide at the front of the field flirting with disaster"

"On que, the #22 car of Jacob Winters get's turned around by #5 David Calhoun & #2 Jimmyboy85 involving #15 no9uawdodge, #28 Matt Burkart & #13 Mystikul on lap 14"

"The early portions and midway points of the race was dominated by #24 Ross & #12 Eleno Jianoran"

"#72 Billy Nixon takes the white flag as the leader, but the pack runs up on the slow car of #51 Don Bouquin and cuts off the high line right before the tri-oval"

"#48 D.J. Porter is the lucky man as he is able to get by the slower car and win the first ever race between these competitors"

"Race Recap"
It was a mess early taking half the field out of contention early. The race looked lik it was going to come down to only a couple drivers near the half way point with #24 Ross, #12 Eleno Jianoran and #75 HawaiianRush leading the majority of the laps at that point, but the #72 Billy Nixon and #48 D.J. Porter rides came on strong near the end and traded the lead until the lapped car of #51 Don Bouquin decided just who was going to win this race. There was 2 cautions for 8 laps and 12 drivers exchanged the lead 24 different times.

"Lap Leaders"
#15 no9uawdodge "Lap 1"
#11 Jacob Gregory "Laps 2 through 4"
#22 Jacob Winter "Laps 5 through 7"
#24 Ross "Lap 8"
#12 Eleno Jianoran "Lap 9"
#24 Ross "Lap 10"
#2 Jimmyboy85 "Lap 11"
#75 HawaiianRush "Lap 12"
#24 Ross "Laps 13 through 18"
#12 Elen Jianoran "Laps 19 through 25"
#24 Ross "Laps 26 through 27"
#12 Eleno Jianoran "Laps 28 through 31"
#72 Billy Nixon "Lap 32"
#12 Eleno Jianoran "Lap 33"
#17 Ryan DeCosta "Laps 34 through 38"
#32 James Taylor "Laps 39 through 40"
#75 HawaiianRush "Lap 41"
#32 James Taylor "Lap 42"
#75 HawaiianRush "Laps 43 through 44"
#20 Chris Davis "Laps 45 through 46"
#75 HawaiianRush "Laps 47 through 49"
#72 Billy Nixon "Laps 50 through 54"
#48 D.J. Porter "Laps 55 through 58"
#72 Billy Nixon "Lap 59"
#48 D.J. Porter "Lap 60"

"Video Recap"

"Race Results"

"Point Standings"

"Next Race"
Eastern 150
Richmond, Virginia
February 21st, 1981
Old 04-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
Pro

"Driver Post Race Reactions"

#15 no9uawdodge: Just bad luck on my part. Had we not gotten nicked up in that wreck I think we could've won it.

#2 Jimmyboy85: Damn exciting race cant believe we pulled a top ten despite being involved in a wreck..great job team! And congrats D.J. Porter on being the most winning driver of all time.

#25 Ryan Cole: Doesn't anyone know how to drive these days? If people are driving this badly now, I shutter to think how it will be come 20 years down the line.

#22 Jacob Winter: I'm not really sure what happened out there, whether the 5 got pushed into me by the guy behind him or what. Just disappointing that we spend all offseason getting ready for this race only to have people drive like idiots and take out a bunch of good cars. You expect it at the end when everyone is going for it, but this was right from the start...I don't know.

#7 Ron Draggo: 17th? Would be a good start, but only 21 cars in this field. Never like to get involved in a wreck.

"Notes"
Not bad for participation. Keep it up!

"Eastern 150"
February 21st, 1981

"Richmond Fairgrounds Raceway"
Richmond, Virginia

Race 2 of 31 during the 1981 Season

"Qualifying"

"Race"

"#72 Billy Nixon leads the field to take the green flag winning his first pole of the season and his first career pole"

"On lap 8 Daytona winner #48 D.J. Porter makes it 3 wide coming out of turn 2 to pass both #75 HawaiianRush and #22 Jacob Winters"

"After working on the pass for several laps #2 Jimmyboy85 taps the rear bumper of #66 David Hetzel to get him loose and he taps the wall eventually doing it again to complete the pass on lap 19"

"#72 Billy Nixon passes #28 Matt Burkart to put him 1 lap down on lap 51"

"#22 Jacob Winter seen the 3 wide pass work personally earlier in the race so he sticks his nose in the middle of #66 David Hetzel and #15 no9uawdodge and gains a position on lap 55"

"Leading all, but 4 laps #72 Billy Nixon wins from the pole for his first victory of the season and the first of his career"

"Race Recap"
Someone must have been a little mad that they were robbed of winning at Daytona as #72 Billy Nixon came out to Richmond and took the pole and dominated leading 71 of the 75 laps in route to the victory. No one else in the field had anything to compete with Nixon as he held at least a 2 second lead over 2nd place throughout the race and only surrendered the lead during the green flag pit stops. There was no cautions during the race and 4 drivers exchanged the lead 4 times during the race.

"Lap Leaders"
#72 Billy Nixon "Laps 1 through 44"
#24 Ross "Lap 45"
#25 Ryan Cole "Lap 46"
#5 David Calhoun "Laps 47 through 48"
#72 Billy Nixon "Laps 49 through 75"

"Video Recap"

"Race Results"

"Point Standings"

"Next Race"
Coca-Cola 200
Rockingham, North Carolina
February 28th, 1981
Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Pro

"Post Race Driver Reactions"

#2 Jimmyboy85: Solid run today! Had an awesome car. Wasn't able to lead but the team and I will surely take this momentum to next week!

#15 no9uawdodge: The Levi Garrett Pontiac was decent today. The more that we ran, the looser the car got. We really needed the chance to make one more adjustment to get it right, but the cautions didn't fall our way. Still a decent points day, which we needed after Daytona.

#25 Ryan Cole: 6th? Good run for our team. Next week we can make it a win!

#38 Keith Batson: So far, my season with the #38 Sprite Ford has been forgettable. Hope this season improves.

#72 Billy Nixon: Still bummed about Daytona, but a big win at The Fairgrounds helps to make up for it!!!

#7 Ron Draggo: Really could have used a caution flag today. We were one of the fastest on the track but never got to catch up to the leaders. Guess I gotta qualify better.

#48 D.J. Porter: Awesome. Feels great to go down in history as the first ever winner. Would have liked to follow it up better though.

#32 James Taylor: A 14th place isn't that great but sitting good so far 7th in the points.

#22 Jacob Winter: A long weekend for the Folgers team. But we rebounded for a solid top 10 finish, which considering we qualified last, is a blessing. Congrats to the #72 team. We got alot of work to do to dig us out of this hole we're in in the points. But I'm confident we can do it!

"Coca-Cola 200"
February 28th, 1981

"North Carolina Motor Speedway"
Rockingham, North Carolina

Race 3 of 31 during the 1981 Season

"Qualifying"

"Race"

"#38 Keith Batson earns his 1st career pole of the season leading the field to take the green flag"

"#24 Ross get's under #38 Keith Batson going into turn 1 on lap 2 to take the lead"

"#51 Don Bouquin takes the lead from #24 Ross on lap 9 and leads the 1st half of the race until the 1st round of pit stops"

"#28 Matt Burkart passes #72 Billy Nixon on lap 59 to lead for the 1st time today"

"#75 HawaiianRush comes all the way from the back of the pack to motor by #28 Matt Burkart on lap 69"

"#72 Billy Nixon is 6 seconds back as the leader #75 HawaiianRush is barely seen going into turn 3 as Nixon exits turn 2 on lap 83"

"#72 Billy Nixon passes #75 HawaiianRush on lap 93 to take the lead"

"Winning his 2nd race in a row after being snubbed at Daytona #72 Billy Nixon looks to put a strangle hold on the season championship early"

"Race Recap"
#38 Kieth Batson finally had something go right this season stating on the pole and leading the first lap of the race, but he quickly fell to the back and remained there for the rest of the race finishing in 19th place. #24 Ross took over the lead on lap 2 and has lead in all the 3 races so far this season and with the competition as close as it is the bonus points is what most likely will make or break your season. #51 Don Bouquin took over the lead on lap 9 and dominated the first half of this race and looked like he would be the car to beat, but #72 Billy Nixon had a great pit stop and went from 4th to the lead after the green flag round of stops. #28 Matt Burkart drove good and took the lead, but #85 HawaiianRush came from way back in the pack putting down some blistering laps and took over the lead on lap 69, then went on to put on a 3 second lead before the final round of green flag pit stops. HawaiianRush came out of the pits with an even bigger lead and looked like it was all but over unless a caution came out. The Caution never came out, but must have used up his car getting to the front as #72 Billy Nixon was 6 seconds back with around 15 laps to go and it only took him 10 laps to make up that difference and take the lead with 5 to go and went on to win his second race in a row and would have won all 3 races so far this season if not for the unfortunate luck at Daytona. There was 0 cautions and 8 drivers exchanged the lead 10 times.

"Lap Leaders"
#38 Keith Batson "Lap 1"
#24 Ross "Laps 2 through 8"
#51 Don Bouquin "Laps 9 through 43"
#17 Ryan DeCosta "Lap 44"
#72 Billy Nixon "Laps 45 through 58"
#28 Matt Burkart "Laps 59 through 68"
#75 HawaiianRush "Laps 69 through 77"
#51 Don Bouquin "Laps 78 through 79"
#7 Ron Draggo "Lap 80"
#75 HawaiianRush "Laps 81 through 94"
#72 Billy Nixon "Laps 95 through 98"

"Video Recap"

"Race Results"

"Point Standings"

"Next Race"
Hickory 200
Hickory, North Carolina
March 8th, 1981
Old 04-15-2013, 02:17 AM   #5
Pro

#2 Jimmyboy85: Had an amazing car today battle from the back all the way to 4th without a caution! I feel a win in our future!

#51 Don Bouquin: Well starting to run well. Just need a little bit more from the car. We are moving up in the points. Don

#15 no9uawdodge: We're still looking for that little bit to make us a contender, but I'd rather be where we are than in the back of the points right now.

#25 Ryan Cole: This car just sucked. I'm amazed I got 7th.

#72 Billy Nixon: Couldn't have won this one without the pit crew. They put in the fast stop, made the right adjustment and we had just enough time to get back to the front.

#38 Keith Batson: Another forgettable race for the Sprite Ford. I did win the pole and lead lap 1 but those were the only bright spots.

#48 D.J. Porter: Need a big race to get back in the top 5.

#22 Jacob Winter: After qualifying last last week, we put alot of emphasis on qualifying this week. It paid off with an 6th place starting spot, but we never got our race setup right. Gotta find the balance somewhere before we can even think about winning a race. Better luck at Hickory I hope...

"Hickory 200"
March 8th, 1981

"Hickory Motor Speedway"
Hickory, North Carolina

Race 4 of 31 during the 1981 Season

"Qualifying"

"Race"

"#20 Chris Davis earns his first pole of the season as he leads the field to take the green flag"

"#78 Bob Bolig get's a little too close to the outside wall as they go 3 wide on lap 2 with #7 Ron Draggo and #17 Ryan DeCosta"

"A shot of the middle of the field on lap 3 before they spread out and do battle for positions"

"The battle for positions 6 through 10 is tightly contested on lap 43 nearing the half way point and green flag pit stops"

"#7 Ron Draggo don't want to see the #72 car of Billy Nixon win 3 in a row and motors by him on lap 66 to take the lead"

"#7 Ron Draggo wins his first career race at Hickory"

"Race Recap"
#72 Billy Nixon nearly pulled off his 3rd victory in a row, but finished behind #7 Ron Draggo in 2nd place for his 4th top 5 of the season and is pulling away in the season point standings. Another caution free day as all the drivers are doing well racing, yet avoiding each other in the process. There was a couple minor incidents on pit lane and some guys had to pit late as they didn't get their cars full of enough fuel to go the distance. There was 4 different drivers that each lead a lap exchanging the lead 4 times.

"Lap Leaders"
#20 Chris Davis "Laps 1 through 59"
#72 Billy Nixon "Laps 60 through 61"
#17 Ryan DeCosta "Lap 62"
#72 Billy Nixon "Laps 63 through 66"
#7 Ron Draggo "Laps 67 through 100"

"Video Recap"

"Race Results"

"Point Standings"

"Next Race"
Dogwood 250
Martinsville, Virginia
March 15th, 1981
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I was going to start pushing people out of my way if I didn't get a Top 10 finish soon.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 04-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I was going to start pushing people out of my way if I didn't get a Top 10 finish soon.
lol, I have been feeling for the guys in the back. It seems as though a couple cars have been getting all the luck early on even though the ratings are exactly the same. This is only race #4 and there is 27 more to go so it will all even out in the end... I hope!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
Pro

#78 Bob Bolig: I was going to start pushing people out of my way if I didn't get a Top 10 finish soon.

#15 no9uawdodge: Another good run for our Pontiac. Right now we are focusing on our consistency, hoping it will put us in a position to win.

#2 Jimmyboy85: Not the run we wanted the caution just wouldn't fall for us...hopefully we can rebound next race.

#25 Ryan Cole: Another sucky car. Whoopty-do.

#12 Eleno Jianoran: Wow we finished 7th in the Jollibee Restaurants car at Hickory, next stop Martinsville for some short track fun!

#22 Jacob Winter: Qualified great, finished poorly. Kinda the way this season has gone so far. Hopefully we can get this thing on track and fast. Ain't too many sponsors gonna stick with you when your finishing tail-end of the field every week.

#48 D.J. Porter: Great run for the #48 wix buick today, gained 15 positions from our qualifying position. just like a sore wiener, can't beat it.

"Dogwood 250"
March 15th, 1981

"Martinsville Speedway"
Martinsville, Virginia

Race 5 of 31 during the 1981 Season

"Qualifying"

"Race"

"#12 Eleno Jianoran enjoys his 1st pole of the season leading the field to take the green flag"

"#24 Ross get's into #66 David Hetzel coming out of the pits on lap 82 to bring out the only caution of the day and 1st caution since Daytona"

"Soon after the restart points leader #72 Billy Nixon makes an unscheduled pit stop on lap 88 forcing him a couple laps down"

"#22 Jacob Winter and #38 Keith Batson fight for the lead on lap #93"

"#38 Keith Batson works the over/under trick on #22 Jacob Winter to re-take the lead on lap #95 and never looked back"

"#38 Keith Batson finishes off the race winning his 1st race of the season"

"Race Recap"
#12 Eleno Jianoran dominated from the pole until pit stops and a caution flag that put most of the drivers on the tail end of the lead lap and #38 Keith Batson out foxed his way to victory over #22 Jacob Winter whom gave Batson a real run for his money until a late race pit stop took him out of the running for a top 5 finish. There was 1 caution for 5 laps and 4 drivers exchanged the lead 5 times throughout the race.

"Lap Leaders"
#12 Eleno Jianoran "Laps 1 through 82"
#7 Ron Draggo "Lap 83"
#22 Jacob Winter "Laps 84 through 90"
#38 Keith Batson "Laps 91 through 92"
#22 Jacob Winter "Laps 93 through 95"
#38 Keith Batson "Laps 96 through 125"

"Video Recap"

"Race Results"

"Point Standings"

"Next Race"
Thompson 200