Home

The Underdogs: York City FC

This is a discussion on The Underdogs: York City FC within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
Rookie

4EverBlowingBubbles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Underdogs: York City FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Should be a tough go as that transfer budget is ridiculously small! Are you going to stick with that 4-5-1 formation? Seems like it would bea tough one to play with.
I know! It is a ridiculously small amount of money and the Board won't give any more this early in the season. I'm really on the fence right now. Should I buy a player or should I invest in a cheap scout. Either way we won't be able to bring in really good players at the moment.

As for the formation, well it is York City's default formation and it kinda suits the counter-attacking style of football I have adopted for this season. That man up front always seems to find a way past the opponents defences. Another good thing about this formation is it helps me keep as many people as possible at the back when defending. I will play a few matches using this formation and see how things pan out. I'm open to change though.

..::: I'm West Ham Till I Die :::..

MIGHTY HAMMERS 3 - 0 SPURS

Last edited by 4EverBlowingBubbles; 05-08-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
Rookie

So, it was our first match of the season against a very strong opponent. Even though we opened the scoring, Bradford dominated the whole match. Nakhi Wells terrorized our defence. He's a very skilled player. There were moments when our defenders couldn't keep up with his pace. He ended up scoring a brace. Still we managed to salvage a lucky point when a Bradford defender blatanty pulled on Matty Blair's shirt as he advanced on goal in the closing moments. The resulting penalty was converted beautifully by Michael Coulson. Right into the upper left corner. We definitely cannot depend on luck to win games.

Last edited by 4EverBlowingBubbles; 05-08-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #11
Rookie

What a heartbreaking defeat! The boys played their hearts out, yet our efforts were not enough. It only took two minutes for Burnley to score. They were always the stronger team but our boys fought bravely until final whistle. I decided to give Jason Walker some playing time in the Cup game. He came in as a substitute late in the match and scored a miracle equalizer in the 88th minute after a Burnley defender failed to tackle him. He then found himself with only the keeper to beat and with nerves of steel put the ball in the back of the net. Talk about good timing! The fans went crazy as our late goal sent the match to extra time. Unfortunately, fatigue got the better of us and a couple of defensive errors cost us victory. Burnely killed off the match with a last minute goal. Goodbye for now English Cup, we'll see you next year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #12
Rookie

I've got to admit it's not the best of starts. But it's still very early in the season and we have already been pitted against two of the strongest teams in the league. Talk about bad luck! Chesterfield were unstoppable from the very start. A silly defensive error by Parslow cost us a goal in the 17th minute. More goals then came in quick succession thanks to some pathethic goalkeeping from Michael Ingham and to top it all, Michael Coulson was sent off very late in the game. He will be watching the next game against Wimbledon from the main stand along Ingham. On the other hand, Chesterfield were strong all over the pitch. Striker M. Richards was today's hat trick hero as he had the ability to finish all of his chances in front of goal clinically. In other less tear-inducing news, Adam Reed scored his second goal of the season and young midfielder McReady was definitely our best player. He had a good overall performance today despite the disappointing result. John McReady had a goal and one assist. Well done lad!

Last edited by 4EverBlowingBubbles; 05-12-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #13
Rookie

What can I say? The team put in another lackluster performance today. It is only Matchday 3 and things are starting to go downhill for us. We are currently the team that has conceded the most goals in League 2. We couldn't keep the ball at all and finishing was all over the place. As if things couldn't get any worse, Michael Potts went down due to injury and Lanre Oyebanjo was sent off in the 90th minute. What a terrible start to season. I don't know whether to laugh or cry but I'm aware there is lots of work to be done ahead of crucial JPT tie with Bournemouth. That might be our only chance to get our hands on silverware this year. I hope my squad can pull together and get the job done.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:21 AM   #14
Rookie

Old 05-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

This group seems a bit more of a challenge than your Bristol Rovers team. I assume you'll be looking to sure up the defense before anything else.

Keep fighting on!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6

Rough start, but I absolutely love what you're doing. Taking the bottom of the barrel teams and building them up slowly feels so rewarding when you finally see things turn around. Hope it works out for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »