Home

Back In Time: WWE 2008 (WWE 13)

This is a discussion on Back In Time: WWE 2008 (WWE 13) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Back In Time: WWE 2008 (WWE 13)

I decided I would do a WWE dynasty, but now current day. Yet not too long ago, either. I decided to do a dynasty with the WWE, when I first became a fan, in the beginning of 2008. This dynasty's roster spans from 2008-2010.

Raw

WWE Champion: Randy Orton

Intercontinental Champion: Chris Jericho

World Tag Team Champions: Mercury and Nitro

SmackDown:

World Heavyweight Champion: Edge

United States Champion: MVP

WWE Tag Team Champions: Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes

[Due to the fact that Universe Mode makes you start in April, I simulated to January, as the first PPV I watched was Royal Rumble 2008]

Updated Champions:

WWE Champion: Triple H

Intercontinental Champion: Randy Orton

World Tag Team Champions: World's Greatest Tag team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas)

World Heavyweight Champion: The Big Show

United States Champion: Cody Rhodes

WWE Tag Team Champions: Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly

Now, the Road to WrestleMania begins.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Back In Time: WWE 2008 (WWE 13)

Awesome. A huge fan of wrestling from the late 70's to the late 80's, I kinda got out of it until late last year when my kids of all people got me hooked again after 25 years. So Although I obviously know all the big stars I'm not really familiar with wrestling history in the 2000's. should be fun!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Awesome. A huge fan of wrestling from the late 70's to the late 80's, I kinda got out of it until late last year when my kids of all people got me hooked again after 25 years. So Although I obviously know all the big stars I'm not really familiar with wrestling history in the 2000's. should be fun!
Thanks man.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Randy Orton vs Bobby Lashley

On the first Raw of the new year [2008,] Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton faced a challenge with the powerful Bobby Lashley. Orton started the match well, with several moves of offense. Randy targeted Lashely’s mid-section and legs all match long. Lashley powered his way back into the match, picking up momentum. Just as Lashley was in position to win, Orton hit his signature backbreaker. Lashley fought on, but Orton hit a floatover DDT, followed by an RKO. Lashley shocked the champion, kicking out.

Lashley tried to mount a comeback, but Orton hit a sick clothesline. Orton methodically stomped the joints of Lashley, who kept fighting on. Bobby Lashley wanted the win, and pulled out everything in his arsenal, including a top rope spear. Lashley hit the dominator, but the champ kicked out. Orton would hit a second RKO to win.

Charlie Haas vs. Super Crazy

One half of the World Tag Team Champions Charlie Haas faced off against Super Crazy. Soon into the match, with the referee knocked down, the other half of the Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin ran to ringside. Benjamin hit Pay Dirt on Super Crazy, and woke the referee up, giving Haas the win.

Santino Marella vs. Ric Flair

Santino Marella challenged one of the best wrestlers in WWE, Ric Flair. Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton came to ringside, watching the match from the commentator’s table. Everyone expected the match to be one sided, but Marella went toe to toe with Flair from the get-go. Flair hit several knife edge chops, but Santino rallied, hitting a lucha-bulldog. Both men exchanged submissions.

The fight spilled to the outside, where Santino threw Flair into the steel steps. Back inside, both wrestlers exchanged roll-up pins. The fight went to the outside again, where Flair shockingly speared Santino through the barricade. Santino crawled back into the ring, followed by Flair. Santino kipped-up, hit a stunner, which bust Flair open, and went for the pin. Santino Marella did it! He beat Flair! What a match, and this win must put Santino in line for an Intercontinental championship match.

Chris Jericho vs. Chris Masters

Former Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho has his sights set on the WWE championship, and had a chance to advance in the rankings in this match. Masters started off hot, hitting a lot of offense. Jericho slowed the match down, and it became a battle of power vs. technician.

Jericho was desperate for a win, and went so far as to DDT Masters through the announce table! Back in the ring , Jericho hit the Codebreaker but Masters kicked out! Masters began to fight back, but was hit hard with an enziguiri. Masters powered out of the Walls of Jericho, but a DDT put him away. Jericho won the match, and afterwards John Cena came to ringside and stared at Jericho.

Lance Cade vs. Kane

Cade and Murdoch have been a thorn in Kane's side, and tonight Kane got his hands on Cade. Kane was angry, and attacked Cade before the match started. Kane dominated, and quickly put Cade away with a Tombstone. After the match, Kane attacked Cade with a chair.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Drew McIntyre vs. Elijah Burke

The first SmackDown of 2008 kicked out with the debut of Drew McIntyre. McIntyre was impressive, dominating Elijah Burke. Two Futureshock DDT’s put Burke away in quick fashion.

Big Show vs. JTG

The World Heavyweight Champion Big Show asked for a match, and was booked against JTG…. Big Show totally dominated in victory.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Ted Dibiase

Dolph Ziggler and Ted Dibiase faced off, with United States Champion/Tag Team Champion Cody Rhodes watching at ringside. The two put on a great match. Ted escaped a sleeper-body scissors, and hit a roll-up to steal the win. Does this put Dibiase as the #1 contender for Rhodes’ title?

Edge vs. Mark Henry

Former World Heavyweight Champion Edge hoped to get a title rematch, but had a big challenge in his way, with current #1 contender Mark Henry. The two brawled on the outside before the match started. Edge attacked Henry’s legs all match long, leading to the Edge-Cution. Henry kicked out, then kicked out of the Spear! Another Edge-Cution busted Henry open, but he fought on. Edge went for a top-rope spear, but Henry caught him into the World’s Strongest Slam! Edge kicked out! Henry was a bloody mess. A superplex and DDT didn’t keep Henry down. A top rope spear would give Edge the win, and possibly a title shot at the Royal Rumble.

Rey Mysterio vs. Domino

Mr. MITB Rey Mysterio out-classed Domino, and easily put him away with a 619.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Week 2: #1 Contenders

Santino vs. Flair II:

Raw kicked off with a rematch of last week’s amazing upset, with Santino Marella facing Ric Flair. The two went back and forth. Flair hit a nasty knee in the face, then locked in the figure four. Santino escaped. The fight spilled to the outside, and for the second week in a row Flair speared Santino through the barricade! Santino hit the move he used to win last week, the stunner, but Flair rolled out of the ring. The two exchanged inside cradles. Flair is the dirtiest player in the game, and won with a grapefruit claw. After the match, Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton came to the ramp and sarcastically applauded Flair.

#1 contender for WWE Championship: Chris Jericho vs. John Cena
Cena got in a lot of offense early. Jericho tried to cheat to win, but two AA’s put Jericho away. With WWE Champion Triple H watching at ringside, Cena won impressively.

Falls Count Anywhere: Lance Cade vs. Kane
After Kane attacked Cade pre match, and post match last week, Cade demanded a rematch. Cade attacked Kane pre match, and speared Kane through the barricade. Cade hit Kane with a sledgehammer, and steel steps, but a Tombstone on the floor gave Kane the win.

Royal Rumble Card (subject to change)

WWE Championship: Triple H (c) vs. John Cena

Intercontiental Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. Ric Flair
United States Championship: Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Ted Dibiase? (unconfirmed)

World Heavyweight Championship: Big Show (c) vs. Edge? Mark Henry? (unconfirmed.)

Royal Rumble Match

Old 08-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Cody Rhodes was schedule to face Ted Dibiase, but instead had JBL wrestle for him. Dibiase easily put JBL away, and will face Rhodes at the Royal Rumble for the United States championship.

In a rematch of last week's match, Edge took on Mark Henry. Edge attacked Henry pre match, but the match was still very competitive. After Henry reversed several spears, an Edge-cution put him away, giving Edge the win again. Edge officially earned a match against Big Show at the Royal Rumble for the World Heavyweight Championship.

In another rematch, Domion challenged Mr. MITB Rey Mysterio. Domino made it competitive unlike last week, but Rey still emerged victorious.

Week 3:

During Santino Marella's match with Zack Ryder, Chavo Guerrero ran to ringside. With the referee distracted, Chavo hit the Gory-bomb and frog splash on Marella, giving Ryder the win.

Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton took on his Rumble oppponent, Ric Flair. The two went back and forth, Flair stealing Orton's methodical stomps. Flair targeted the champ's legs, and locked in the Figure Four.Orton escaped and rallied momentum. Orton hit the RKo, busting Flair open, who rolled out of the ring. Flair sent Orton head first into the ring post. Flair hit a knee drop but Orton kipped up. Flair locked in the Figure Four yet Orton escaped. Orton was busted open as well. A third Figure Four attempt made Randy Orton submit.

#1 contender to the WWE championship John Cena was challenged by Chris Masters. Cena made quick work of the Masterpiece, sending a message to Triple H, the WWE champion. Masters slapped away Cena's offer of a handshake after the match.

After two consecutive losses to him, Lance Cade has asked for another match against Kane. Kane attacked Cade prematch again. Kane dominated on victory again.After the show, it was announced that Lance Cade and his partner Trevor Murdoch were traded to Smackdown.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #8
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't own WWE 13 but I wil be followig

I'm 16 and start watching wrestling until like 2002

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »