Home

Gunning for Glory: An Arsenal FC Dynasty

This is a discussion on Gunning for Glory: An Arsenal FC Dynasty within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Gunning for Glory: An Arsenal FC Dynasty

Good luck! Feel free to borrow whatever format styles you like from me, I don't mid at all. If you need badges(logos), you can check the various football manager mod sites for them, there's a ton of different styles to choose from. Arsenal is a great choice, but beware the hammer falls swift and hard when you under perform! I'm in the same boat, win or get the sack.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #10
Rookie

HeathenBenny's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Good luck! Feel free to borrow whatever format styles you like from me, I don't mid at all. If you need badges(logos), you can check the various football manager mod sites for them, there's a ton of different styles to choose from. Arsenal is a great choice, but beware the hammer falls swift and hard when you under perform! I'm in the same boat, win or get the sack.
Thanks man. I can already see my butt bouncing on the ground all the way back to Cardiff :P
Old 01-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #11
Rookie

HeathenBenny's Arena

FRIENDLY MATCHDAY 2
CHIEVO VERONA VS ARSENAL

1 August 2013 | Emirates Stadium

CHVO 4 - 4 ASNL

Watch Arsenal's Four Goals on YouTube

SLUGFEST ENDS IN DRAW, KOSCIELNY INJURED

Test #2 for Ben Benjamin ended in a 4-4 draw today against Chievo Verona with the help of an own goal for Chievo and two solid strikes for Mesut Özil. Benjamin had a lot of positives to take away from the performance, but his expression was anything but positive after the match.

"Laurent [Koscielny] is hurt," the new manager told reporters regarding his minute 4 substitution. "I don't know how bad. We'll all find out together."

Koscielny is one of Arsenal's three center backs. If he's out for any extended period of time, Benjamin may be in defensive trouble. Per Mertesacker also took a hard hit to the knee, but Benjamin sees that as less of an issue.

"I think he just bruised it. I may rest him for the friendly, put someone else at center back and see how they handle it. I think he'll be fine, though. If there's a doubt, I don't want him to play in the opener either. But that shouldn't be a concern."

When asked who might fill in for Koscielny if not Mertesacker, Benjamin refused to give a clear answer. "I'm really not sure yet. We have options, more options than it looks like. We'll be fine, I'm sure of it." He may the only person sure of anything right now.

Aug 1, 2013 - Arsenal FC vs AC Chievo Verona
TEAM12SCORE
Arsenal FC (1-1-0)134
AC Chievo Verona (0-1-0)224
Team Stats Comparison
Arsenal FCAC Chievo Verona
4Goals4
17Shots21
10Shots on Target9
46Tackles54
3Fouls2
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
2Injuries0
58Shot Accuracy42
58Passing Percentage77
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
Rookie

HeathenBenny's Arena

ARSENAL LOSE DEFENDER KOSCIELNY TO BROKEN ANKLE, RECALL DJOUROU FROM LOAN

Terrible news has come to new manager Ben Benjamin of Arsenal today. Laurent Koscielny broke his ankle in the friendly against Chievo Verona, and he will be out for three months. Arsenal has been very thin on defense as of late, and this injury to such a key man will make the situation even worse.

To compensate for the injury, center back Johan Djourou has been recalled from his loan to Hamburger SV. The termination of the loan cost Arsenal £1.48MM, according to multiple sources close to the deal. The 26 year old defender from Switzerland is about to get a lot more playing time for his old club.

Last edited by HeathenBenny; 01-01-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Formatting, Gaiman's law
Old 01-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #13
Rookie

HeathenBenny's Arena

I simulated the third friendly, and we drew 2-2. I probably won't sim any other games this season. Next post: opening day!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #14
Rookie

HeathenBenny's Arena

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 1
ARSENAL VS ASTON VILLA

17 August 2013 | Emirates Stadium

ASNL 0 - 1 ASTN

Watch Benteke's Goal Against Arsenal on YouTube

VILLA DEFENSE, BENTEKE TOO MUCH FOR BENJAMIN'S GUNNERS

The first competitive match of the season is over, and Aston Villa have defeated Arsenal 1-0. Arsenal could only manage three shots in the game, as Villa's defensive work was superb.

"They were the better team defensively, and it shows," manager Ben Benjamin told reporters. "[Per] Mertesacker should be back next game, and we'll have to bounce back with him."

Christian Benteke scored the lone goal in the game, after a rebound that Wojeich Sczcesny couldn't handle in the 16th minute. "It was a tough goal to get," Benteke said after the game. "A split second later and I would've lost the ball and we'd have a nil nil draw." Benteke was also asked about the new Arsenal squad and manaer. "They're very talented. Benjamin seems like a relatable guy, the kind of guy people want to play for. I guess that's why they hired him."

Johan Djourou, recalled from loan to replace the injured Laurent Koscielny, impressed in his first start back home. "I just want to do well for my club," said Djourou. "They need me right now, and I need to do my best to help them."

Benjamin said that Djourou may have earned a spot on the team sheet for their next game against Fulham. "I don't know. He did well, I might see if there's a spot for him."

Aug 17, 2013 - Aston Villa FC vs Arsenal FC
TEAM12SCORE
Aston Villa FC (1-0-0)101
Arsenal FC (0-0-1)000
Team Stats Comparison
Aston Villa FCArsenal FC
1Goals0
12Shots3
4Shots on Target1
18Tackles42
2Fouls1
0Yellow Cards0
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
33Shot Accuracy33
80Passing Percentage60

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

17 August:
Chelsea 2 - 1 Hull City
Crystal Palace 1 - Tottenham Hotspur
Norwich City 0 - 2 Everton
Sunderland 2 - 2 Fulham
West Bromwich Albion 1 - 0 Southampton
West Ham United 3 - 0 Cardiff City

18 August:
Manchester City 2 - 0 Newcastle United
Swansea City 0 - 2 Manchester United

19 August:
Liverpool 2 - 0 Stoke City

21 August:
Chelsea 3 - 0 Aston Villa
Old 01-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

YES! Let's go Gunners! I haven't been to this site for quite a while, and I must say I am pleased to see an Arsenal CM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #16
Rookie

HeathenBenny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickingupcrumbs
YES! Let's go Gunners! I haven't been to this site for quite a while, and I must say I am pleased to see an Arsenal CM
Woo-hoo! Let's just make sure I don't screw it up :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »