Home

Once A Punk, Always A Punk (A WWE 2k14 Universe Mode Career)

This is a discussion on Once A Punk, Always A Punk (A WWE 2k14 Universe Mode Career) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

ItsRileyC's Arena

OVR: 0
Once A Punk, Always A Punk (A WWE 2k14 Universe Mode Career)

Alright everyone. Just a bit of a foreword before the story really begins. This dynasty on WWE 2k14 will be following the life & times of The Best In The World CM Punk! The story will be told both in and out of the ring, and both in and out of kayfabe.

Of course, he has departed WWE recently. However, in this thread he's decided to make his return to the squared circle this Friday at SmackDown. There will be some bookings and show dates which may differ from reality, but because of certain limits in Universe Mode we'll just have to deal with it.

Now, let's begin!

Last edited by ItsRileyC; 03-12-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
Rookie

ItsRileyC's Arena

Re: Once A Punk, Always A Punk (A WWE 2k14 Universe Mode Career)

He sat in the locker room, wrapping a seemingly endless loop of tape around his left arm.

It's good to be back. He thought to himself.

He had shown up four hours early, just to ensure he was both physically and mentally ready for tonight's show. He knew preparation was key.

It wasn't like he had left the company for a long period of time. It had actually been less than 3 months since he had said his temporary goodbye. But the desire he had for the business, and for the fans, and for the ring, overtook his personal choice and drove him back here.

Tonight, he had some explaining to do. Even though he was sure the fans would welcome him back with open arms, he also knew that they were still a little hurt from his leaving. He had spent the whole day attempting to prepare a somewhat heartfelt apology. He wasn't sorry for leaving, he was sorry for the fans who had wasted their money on the crappy programming WWE had fed them over the last few years.

He would vow to the fans to, if necessary, return wrestling to how it should be all by himself.

If only he can avoid those damn YES! chants for the length of his promo..

He was snapped out of his thoughts by a knock at the door.

"Punk, the show's about to kickoff. You're up first." said one of the maintenance workers.

"Yeah, alright thanks." he responded.

He finished by marking his signature X's across the top of his hand.

It's clobbering time. he whispered to himself before exiting the room.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

ItsRileyC's Arena

Cult of Personality blared throughout the arena as Punk poked his head out, looking for a reaction from the WWE Universe.

However, he didn't get the reaction he wanted. Instead of chants for CM Punk, he was met with that stupid YES! chant once again. His anger showed as he marched towards the ring.

"You know, I came here today with the plans of apologizing to each and everyone of you." he began, speaking slowly and comfortably.

"However, that's not happening anymore."

The crowd became almost instantly quiet, as they awaited Punk's reasoning.

"I gave you everything, day in and day out. And when I finally decide to return, you still cheer for that goat faced midget, even as he sits on his *** in the locker room!" barked Punk.

The fans reacted, as an explosion of YES! chants erupted again.

"I'm fed up with it, I'm fed up with all of you. I'm fed up with Daniel Bryan. So Bryan, if you're not to busy still chasing after that title you'll never win, then I want to take you on here tonight!"

While the crowd booed Punk, they cheered for the thought of a Punk vs Bryan match.

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" rang the voice of Vicki Guerrero.

SmackDown's GM was back to ruin plans once again.

"CM Punk, last time I checked I was the one in charge here! So how about you leave the booking to me!" she yelled into the mic.

Punk half grinned, before replying.

"Well by the looks of it Vicki, you were too busy at the buffet to worry about booking any matches."

The crowd exploded with laughter at Vicki, but still weren't fond of Punk's hatred towards Daniel Bryan.

"Alright Punk, you know what? You asked for it. In tonight's main event, it will be CM Punk, versus The Big Red Monster; Kane!" she said before turning to leave.

The Straight Edge Superstar was left in the ring shaking his head.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:43 AM   #4
Pro

Wahooworld15's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm following! I like how you're doing it from a different perspective then most universe modes on here. Also your writing has been great so far, keep it up!

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049811572
Old 03-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
Rookie

ItsRileyC's Arena

CM Punk made his way out towards the ring for the second time this evening.

On this trip, he paid no attention to the crowd what so ever. He was one of the greatest heels in wrestling, and could work the crowd up just by ignoring them.

As Corporate Kane made his way to the ring, Punk began to second guess his game plan. He originally figured he should opt for a speedy approach. Use quick knees, kicks, and whatever offence he could get in to slow down the big man.

Now that the near 7 footer stared him down, he wasn't so sure.

He ran out of thinking time, as the bell rang to mark the start of the match.

He made a quick swift move toward the giant Kane, and landed kick after kick to his legs. He continued to work the legs, as Kane became progressively more and more slow to react. Finally, Punk tossed him into the corner for his signature running knee & bulldog combination.

He followed that up by paying homage to the late great Randy Savage, with an elbow drop from the top. He covered for the pin, but Kane kicked out for a near fall.

Punk's anger was visually noticeable, as he cursed under his breath, before exiting the ring. He browsed under the apron looking for any weapon he could find.

"Shut up ref." he spat at the official, who had demanded he returned to the ring.

Before he could get his hands on anything, he felt himself being lifted by the top of his head.

It was Kane, pulling him onto the apron. And it was clear that the Big Red Monster wasn't to pleased.

Punk took a beating for the next few minutes, one that included many sidewalk slams, big boots, and near falls, before Kane finally looked to finish it with a choke slam.

As Kane hoisted up the Straight Edge Superstar, music began to play over the PA.

It was none other than Daniel Bryan, sprinting towards the ring.

He came at Kane with a flying knee, which knocked the monster onto the padded ground below. Kane scurried to his feet and made his way towards the exit.

It was clear Daniel hadn't come out here for his former tag team partner, and instead had came for the man who had called him out earlier tonight.

Punk grabbed a mic, and began to speak.

"Oh hey, thanks for the save goat face. I owe you one." he joked. Clearly speaking with an air of arrogance and sarcasm.

"Did you really think you could just walk back in here, to the greatest wrestling company in the world, and have all these fans accept you after you abandoned them?" asked the leader of the YES! movement.

Punk half grinned, before retorting.

"The greatest in the world? Daniel, Daniel, Daniel... Any company with a 160 pound midget as their biggest star is a loser in my books."

The crowd showed their displeasure for Punk with a series of boo's and NO! chants.

"You know what, you're not even worth the time." said Bryan as he turned to leave the ring.

The Best In The World waited a few moments, before deciding to strike.

He approached Daniel from behind, turned him around, and lifted him up onto his shoulders.

"Nighty night." he whispered as he planted his knee into the former WWE champion's forehead.

The crowd was as riled up as Punk had ever seen them, and he couldn't of been more happy about that as he made his way to the back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

ItsRileyC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahooworld15
I'm following! I like how you're doing it from a different perspective then most universe modes on here. Also your writing has been great so far, keep it up!
Thanks! I wasn't sure how well it'd go over because it's going to require a lot more creativity than the game allows for storyline wise, so I'm glad to hear you like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »