Home

ALI's WWE 2K14 Universe

This is a discussion on ALI's WWE 2K14 Universe within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #33
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ALI's WWE 2K14 Universe

The Beast Returns!

ALIN Writing Staff | ALIN Sports Entertainment | 11 March 2014

The Beast has been unleashed!

Brock Lesnar, after a long hiatus from the industry, has returned. He immediately made his fearsome presence known. In a rematch from Elimination Chamber, Edge vs. Ryback, never got off the ground thanks to his surprise appearance. Brock Lesnar made his return to the ring and absolutely decimated Ryback. Numerous chair shots and strikes blasted Ryback, a former "Heyman guy" beaten down by the Heyman guy.

Lesnar took to the microphone afterwards to explain his actions. "No man gets in my way. I had to make a statement."

Ryback was brought to the hospital and evaluated for internal organ damage. His return is questionable, but he released a challenge via Twitter.

Whether or not he will be in quality shape to take on Brock Lesnar remains to be seen, but one has to admire the heart behind his statement. Is it safe to assume that the ties between Ryback and Heyman have been irreparably severed?
Old 08-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #34
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

AJ sets her sights on the gold

Mickey Fictitious | ALIN Sports Entertainment | 12 March 2014

AJ Lee hasn't held the WWE Diva's Championship in a couple of months, but that hasn't broken her spunky spirit. It certainly hasn't changed her mind about pursuing another shot at the highest Diva's honor.

The fiery former champion has made her intentions very clear as of late, distracting current champion Aksana on two separate occasions. Most recently, she disrupted her non-title match against Lita -- who remains AJ's strongest competition for the gold -- by joining Jerry "The King" Lawler and Michael Cole at ringside for some impromptu commentary. When she wasn't scolding the King for "perving on her," she was putting down her competition. "I'm the best this company has seen since Sable," she declared. "The rest of the ladies know it. At Wrestlemania, I'm going to prove it."

It's been a little under a year since AJ last won the Diva's Championship at Extreme Rules 2013 over Brie Bella. She's clearly ready to earn the championship again. As it was announced later that evening by Stephanie McMahon, to reclaim her coveted title, she will have to go through not just a determined Aksana, but Lita as well in a Triple Threat Match at Wrestlemania 29.

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 08-10-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #35
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Legends, egos collide: Hollywood Hogan calls out Shawn Michaels!
Jackson Fake | ALIN Sports Entertainment | 15 March 2014

Does Hulk Hogan's immortality have an expiration date after all? Shawn Michaels certainly seems to think so. After declaring war on the new World order, Michaels stated he was determined to stamp out the "disease", as he called it, from the WWE. "They look to Hulk Hogan. They look up to him, on his pedestal, a throne built twenty-five years ago. Hogan, you have been living on the legacy you created in the 80's."

On Smackdown!, the World Heavyweight Champion called out Shawn Michaels to answer his challenge. Arguably the two greatest men in the history of sports entertainment took to the ring together and stared one another down for what felt like forever. Hogan and Michaels exchanged more verbal unpleasantries, a token owed to each's mastery of the microphone.

"Your whole persona, your whole identity is thirty years ago, Hulk. It's over. Move on. Let it go. Go to Florida. Retire. 'Ya get, me... 'brotha?" Michaels taunted.

"Shawn," Hogan said, "Let me tell 'ya something: we've been down this road before, dude. We've done this dance, brother."

HBK's three-word reply was poignant and chilling all at the same time: "Not at Wrestlemania."

Hogan and Michaels have met only once before, at Summerslam. In what was perceived to be a once-in-a-lifetime ferocious battle, the two took each other to task. And now we have the makings of a second encounter between the two. Throughout their shared time in the ring, the animosity was self-evident. The clash of egos between these two is unavoidable. The legendary status of both competitors cannot be ignored. These are the two icons of their times and that is not lost on either man.

The Immortal Hall of Famer Hollywood Hulk Hogan, the reigning World Heavyweight Champion, versus The Showstopper, the Heartbreak Kid, the Icon, the Main Event, Shawn Michaels.

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 08-10-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #36
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Contract Signing and a Game-Changing Stipulation

ALIN Writing Staff | ALIN Sports Entertainment | 16 March 2014

Face to face once again, the WWE Champion CM Punk and his opponent a few weeks from now at Wrestlemania 29 were called together by the Chief Operating Officer Triple H for a contract signing to validate their impending match-up. The tension in the arena could have been cut with a knife. Slowly, methodically these two men stared one another down while the newly buzzed-cut COO explained the significance of the document they were putting their names to.

When it was said and done, two signatures were on the contract before all hell broke loose. Triple H found himself having to play referee to separate the two men and stopping the utter chaos that had ensued. He and the WWE security crew that he called to ringside managed to restrain both CM Punk and Stone Cold Steve Austin long enough to get them apart.

And long enough for Triple H to issue a new edict. "I'm altering the contract; pray I don't alter it further," he stated before announcing that he would serve as the special guest referee for their main event bout. This announcement infuriated both individuals, but we have to believe that it benefits CM Punk given the history between The Game and the Texas Rattlesnake. It wasn't even a month ago when The Authority declared that Stone Cold wouldn't make it to Wrestlemania. Is this a classic set up by the Cerebral Assassin? It certainly seems like it.

The main event of Wrestlemania 29 is set. Whether the two competitors like it or not, Triple H will officiate their match. Can we expect the Game to be impartial?

Old 08-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #37
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Wrestlemania 29 Card

East Rutherford, NJ

Final Card

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 08-13-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #38
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Re: Wrestlemania 29 Card

"It's natural to be afraid, Chris."

Rick Fiction aka Mr. Wrestling | ALIN Sports Entertainment | March 17, 2014

The Undertaker has made his presence known once again.

Chris Jericho was in the middle of yet another anti-Undertaker tirade, deriding the legend and declaring that he would indeed accept The Undertaker's unstated challenge for Wrestlemania 29 "just so all the Jerichoholics can see Y2J Chris Jericho make history."

The history he's referencing is, of course, The Undertaker's unbeaten streak, the single greatest accomplishment in the history of sports entertainment. It stands now at a staggering 20-0, an unparalleled feat. It has become something of a ritual the past few years for The Undertaker to "select" an opponent he deems worthy or otherwise significant enough and challenge him to the mantle of the vaunted Streak. This year's opponent was unwittingly selected in the beginning of January when the Deadman's music rang out following Y2J's first match back after a short hiatus. It escalated into a reality when The Undertaker cost Jericho the Royal Rumble by emphatically eliminating him with a hellacious chokeslam from the top rope to the outside, through the announcer's table. Y2J tried to call out The Undertaker, but was unsuccessful. Mind games are what he is best at, however, so this should come as no surprise to anyone who knows his MO. A week ago, Chris Jericho was again treated to a surprise chokeslam by the Deadman.

"Cowardice" was Y2J's word to describe his assailant's actions. "You hide under darkness and play with smoke and mirrors. Distraction won't defeat me. At Wrestlemania XXIX, I will do what no one else has been able to. I will beat you."

On cue, the lights cut out and The Undertaker appeared as if he were a phantom.

Y2J clearly wanted nothing to do with him and vacated the ring as quickly as The Undertaker had arrived. The Deadman gave a few remarks to a fleeing Jericho, telling him that it was "natural to be afraid" and that at Wrestlemania, Y2J "would rest. in. peace."
Old 08-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #39
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

The Authority Factor: Changing the Dynamic of Wrestlemania 29

ALIN Writing Staff | ALIN Sports Entertainment | 20 March 2014

Stone Cold and The Game hate one another.

The added stipulation of Chief Operating Officer Triple H as the special guest referee for Wrestlemania 29's main event match has put both competitors on notice. The history between Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H is palpably negative; a bad array of run-ins, brawls, and vicious matches. These two men are no strangers to one another. What Stone Cold might be unfamiliar with, however, is Triple H's capacity as COO. The Authority, as it exists today, did not exist when Stone Cold was last in a WWE ring. Furthermore, his rambunctious attitude that defined an era -- "an era that Shawn [Michaels] and I helped create," Triple H told ALIN in an exclusive web chat -- "has no place in the business today."

"It's not 1998, Steve. Times have changed. The product has changed. You either adapt or you get left behind. You made the decision to come back," Triple H said, a reference to Stone Cold's unexpected return at the Royal Rumble. He violated company policies with the surprise entry and unexpected unretirement. "He didn't file the papers until ten minutes before he walked down that ramp at the Rumble," the COO explained. "The position he put this company in, the attitude he brings back ... Stone Cold, make no mistake: I won't be pushed around. I won't back down. You wanted to come back? Fine. You're going to get everything that comes with that."

When Triple H was confronted by Stone Cold on Smackdown! for "forcing" himself into Austin's match at Wrestlemania, the two had a bitter exchange of words. It is clearly a volatile situation. Austin pushed it from volatile to downright destructive when he dropped the COO with a Stone Cold Stunner.

Clearly, this will change the match up. There's no doubt about that. If we had any speculation before that Triple H would be biased in this match, it's clear to us now that he has every reason to be. Stone Cold may have just made his match an impossible mountain to climb. It's one thing to defeat CM Punk, the reigning WWE Champion of almost a year, but it's another thing altogether to have to overcome the stacked-deck odds that come when Triple H is your referee.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #40
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Shots fired in war between Hogan and HBK

ALIN Writing Staff | ALIN Sports Entertainment | 21 March 2014

After a long war of words cut between promos and interviews, the new World order fired the opening volley in the physical fight between them and The Heartbreak Kid. Following a match between Shawn Michaels and The Miz, wherein The Miz qualified for entry in the Wrestlemania WWE Championship Money in the Bank match, Scott Hall and Syxx brutalized HBK. Their message was clear and sent from their leader, Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

Michaels' response was a physical one, as well. Later, he targeted Hulk Hogan during the main event of Smackdown!. Hogan's non-title match with Randy Orton ended in an Orton victory, which also qualified him for the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania 29, when Shawn Michaels delivered a decimating superkick that seemingly knocked the Hulkster unconscious.

Unrelated to the World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania, with the inclusion of The Miz and Randy Orton, we now have the final two participants in the Money in the Bank ladder match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »