Home

ALI's WWE 2K14 Universe

This is a discussion on ALI's WWE 2K14 Universe within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
ALI's WWE 2K Universe - PS3 & PS4

COO Triple H Promises a "Few Surprises" at Royal Rumble

Jackson Fake | ALIN Sports Entertainment | 24 January 2014

WWE Chief Operating Officer Triple H, sporting his new corporate appearance, delivered a speech to open the last Smackdown! before this Sunday's Royal Rumble. He promised a "few surprises" sure to "shock the Universe to its core." Triple H assured us that WWE Championship match would be "definitive" in settling the score between "two of the top competitors in the industry." There have been numerous run-ins in the past month between his friend Shawn Michaels and the reigning champion, CM Punk. Their month-long feud will be settled this Sunday with the WWE Championship on the line in a falls count anywhere match.
_____

A Preview of the Royal Rumble's card so far. For the first time, Triple H announced that there will be a NXT Call-Up Invitational Battle Royal. A 10-Man Mini-Royal Rumble which will open the show and book-end the PPV with over-the-top rope matches, albeit of a different scale. What is at stake for the ten competitors is simple: a roster spot in the WWE. We don't yet know the names of the ten NXT superstars.

The main event features, as always, thirty of the WWE's best in an all-out war. The ultimate prize is on the line: a guaranteed spot in the main event of Wrestlemania for a shot at the most valuable prize in the game. We know twenty-four of the thirty competitors; Triple H assured the Universe that there are six surprised entries that will be sure to shake things up. In a departure from tradition, all entries have been randomized to ensure a fair contest. Typically, he who draws #1 has the hardest road ahead of him whereas the #30 entrant, a coveted spot for sure, is the freshest competitor in a ring filled with battered and fatigued foes.

Spoiler

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 12-08-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Re: ALI's WWE 2K14 Universe

Chris Jericho: "I'm not afraid of the Undertaker"

Rick Fiction aka Mr. Wrestling | ALIN Sports Entertainment | 24 January, 2014

A couple of weeks removed from a shocking return (in more ways than one!) to the WWE, Chris Jericho has doubled-down on his position that no one will stop him from his Wrestlemania destiny. Not even, it appears, the return of the Deadman.

Following his return bout with Sheamus, Chris Jericho was greeted with an ominous message from the sports entertainment beyond: the church bell gong and titantron of the Phenom -- the Undertaker, who hasn't stepped foot in a WWE arena since his shocking World Heavyweight Title defeat to Cody Rhodes last April at Extreme Rules. Many speculated that the Undertaker was retiring, but Raw's video shenanigans suggest otherwise. Nevertheless, Jericho has told us that he has no intention of letting these mind games get to him.

"I'm the best in the world at what I do," he declared. "I've returned for one reason and one reason only: to win the Royal Rumble, to go to Wrestlemania, and to win the WWE Championship. Nothing's stopping me, not even him."

Asked whether or not he was worried that the Deadman may in fact make an appearance this year's Royal Rumble, Jericho brushed it off. "If he shows, he shows. The old man only has so much left in him anyway."

Both Chris Jericho and Sheamus, pictured above, are entrants into this Sunday's Royal Rumble match. The two men, along with twenty-eight others, will battle for the right to go to Wrestlemania XXV.

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 06-29-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I love your posts in the Universe Mode thread, so I'm definitely following.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 05-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Dolph Ziggler talks Hulk Hogan, Championship Match

Mickey Fictitious | ALIN Sports Entertainment | 24 January 2014

World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler has barely had time a second to rest since capturing the gold from Kevin Nash a month ago at TLC. He hasn't even had a chance to get the spray paint off his precious title, but the freshman champion isn't worried. "Defacing the gold should tell you everything you need to know about those guys," Dolph told us in an exclusive interview. We asked him about this Sunday's match against the legend that is Hulk Hogan and if that had any bearing on his preparation for the match.

"Sure it does. The man is an icon, the Immortal Hulk Hogan. I grew up on this. He is what everyone here wants to become, the face of the franchise," he answered. "It's hard not to think differently about it."

A recent WWE/ALIN Fan Chat session asked Dolph what he thought about the nWo being banned from ringside by order of COO, Triple H. "He made the right call," Dolph said. "If you want a real show, you give me a fair shot. That means keeping [Kevin] Nash and [Scott] Hall from ringside. Good on him."

Heading into the Royal Rumble, Ziggler has only defended his championship once and that was the night after he won it, again against Kevin Nash who immediately demanded his rematch clause. The match was granted by Stephanie McMahon and Dolph once again emerged victorious, but suffered for his win when he was savagely attacked by Hollywood Hogan.

"When he hit me with that belt, man... that was something else," recalled Ziggler. "Changes your perspective for sure. I lost my respect for him."

Always known for his social networking skills, Ziggler hasn't been shy online in this feud either. He publicly called out nWo members, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.

Chief Operating Officer Triple H has banned the rest of the new World order from ringside so Ziggler will have to wait to get his hands on them. Instead, he will settle for taking down their leader, the Immortal Hulk Hogan. "You step in there with him, with all that in your mind.. it's going to be a different game. I tell you what though. I'll bring my all. I'll steal the show."

Dolph Ziggler will defend his World Heavyweight Championship against Hollywood Hulk Hogan this Sunday at the Royal Rumble.

Spoiler

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 06-29-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Elaborate it is. Presentation is good and I'm liking the interviews/backstory. Keep it up, I'm interested to see where this goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #6
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Royal Rumble - Year 2 - Results

BOlieve! Bo Dallas wins NXT 10-Man Battle Royal to earn a Roster Spot

ALIN Sports Entertainment Writing Staff | 26 January 2014

Bo Dallas survived nine other of NXT's most promising talents to secure a roster spot in the WWE.

Kicking off the Royal Rumble was an awesome display of the next generation of superstars in a 10-man over-the-top-rope battle royale for a coveted prize. Adam Rose and NXT Champion Big E opened up the contest. They were quickly joined by the likes of Adrian Neville, Curtis Axel, the fearsome Rusev, the enigmatic Ariss, Kofi Kingston, Aiden English, Sami Zayn and Bo Dallas. Dallas would enter the contest last at a time which featured only Zayn and Ariss left. Zayn dispatched Ariss under the bottom rope, leaving him to square-off with a fresh Bo. The two battled for a few minutes before Dallas was finally able to eliminate Zayn in the same manner as he had pushed out Ariss before him... leaving Bo Dallas to advance to the WWE!

On the win, his post-match comments were short and simple: "This is what it's all about."

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 06-28-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #7
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Re: Royal Rumble - Year 2 - Results

Royal Rumble - United States Championship - Wade Barrett v. Cesaro (c)

Description soon.

Spoiler
Old 05-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #8
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Re: Royal Rumble - Year 2 - Results

The new World order reigns supreme

ALIN Sports Entertainment Writing Staff | 26 January 2014

Easy come, easy go.

At the Royal Rumble, World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler learned this lesson the hard way, perhaps the hardest way possible, when he lost the championship he had won only four weeks prior. Ziggler gave it his all and there could be no doubts about that. At a few times during the contest, it appeared as if he had won the night and conquered his demons of defeating the living legend. It would not come to pass, however. After a back and forth match that spilled outside the ring, Hogan took control and sealed the deal with a leg drop. Like hundreds of men before him, the Show Stealer succumbed to the leg drop.

Flanked by his compatriots in the nWo, Hollywood Hogan celebrated his victory in a rain of black and white confetti. Has the era of the new World order truly began? Kevin Nash promises more surprises are in store.

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 06-28-2014 at 11:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »