Home

Rising Star: The Journey of FIFA Manager J. Romero

This is a discussion on Rising Star: The Journey of FIFA Manager J. Romero within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

OVR: 0
Rising Star: The Journey of FIFA Manager J. Romero

Hello everyone! I am jromero120 and this marks the beginning of a thread that I have decided to make chronicling my managerial career. I have just finished my first season as a manager so this will be chronicling everything from then on.

The sliders and everything else are default because I will be the first to admit that I am not the best FIFA player but I also find that everything is good enough and I don't win every game which is good and fair.

I will post a rundown of my current roster and then proceed to post a review of last season and just go from there. Also, I will do my best to add pictures and anything else just to avoid it looking bland. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Last edited by jromero120; 07-13-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

Re: Rising Star: The Journey of FIFA Manager J. Romero

They've Done It!

Though few expected it when the season began, RC Recreativo did the impossible and have been promoted to Liga BBVA. Under Romero's management, they found the key to success. They managed to play a balanced game throughout most of the season that was good enough to keep them in the running for promotion. They just happened to find that special something during the finals and were able to overcome Real Zaragoza and Sporting Gijón, both of which were considered favorites against RC Recreativo, in the semis and finals respectively. They join the top two teams, RCD Mallorca and RC Deportivo, as the new Liga BBVA teams.

The season was not without its failures and controversies though. After winning their first game of the season, Romero could not figure out what was the necessary ingredient to continue winning. A string on draws and losses put a damper on this manager's new career but he showed resilience and the team rallied behind him towards a 19-win season, though it would not be their first string of games without wins. Their were also some controversies with the biggest one being the transfer of midfielder Dimas, someone who was expected to play a major role on the team, to Sporting Gijón. Fortunately, Romero managed to make a deal for midfielder Alison from Santos FC. He more than integrated into the team and overcame the stigma of being considered a "cheap replacement."

Overall, it was a successful first season for manager Romero. The season has led to other Liga Adelante teams, such as FC Barcelona B, and Eredivisie teams, including PSV, to offer him the managerial position. Although his stock has definitely risen and he is currently being coveted for by other teams, he has decided to stay at least one more season with RC Recreativo.

"I hope to help this team maintain this level of performance in La Liga," said Romero. "This is a young, resilient team that does not give up. Though we were lucky to have defeated FC Barcelona in the Spanish Cup, it does not necessarily mean anything for this upcoming season. We need to work even harder now and hope for the best."

Last edited by jromero120; 07-13-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:37 PM   #3
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

Goalkeepers

Can Dani Sotres keep up his form?

#1 Dani Sotres (21 / 63 OVR)
- The 21-year-old showed why he was chosen as the starting goalkeeper. He led the league in clean sheets and hopes to carry this success into La Liga.

#25 Jesús Cabrero (32 / 65 OVR)
- After getting benched after friendlies, Cabrero realized his time as a starter was over. Though put up for a summer transfer, he instead agreed to join Girona CF when his contract expires.

#- Luisma (22 / 58 OVR)
- On loan at Aalborg BK all season, Luisma did not manage to improve. His chances at starting are nonexistent.

Though Dani Sotres has been great as the starting goalkeeper, La Liga is a different monster from what he experienced this past season. He will need to bring his A++ game in order to avoid constantly getting scored on. The real problem here though is the lack of depth at the position. Cabrero is leaving and Luisma is not a suitable replacement in any case. An injury to Sotres would really derail this team barring a suitable transfer is made.

Last edited by jromero120; 07-21-2014 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:24 AM   #4
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

Defenders

Will Fernando Vega be able to regain his starting position?

#2 David Córcoles (29 / 67 OVR)
- One of the longest tenured players on the team, Córcoles continues to improve each year. As of now, he has the right side locked down.

#23 Jorge Morcillo (28 / 66 OVR)
- A string of bad games ultimately led to Morcillo losing his starting spot early on in the season. Though in better form, he will need to prove that he deserves that spot back.

#20 Hernán Menosse (27 / 65 OVR)
- No one was in better form on defense than Menosse. He has become a mainstay in the Starting XI.

#12 Antonio "Toño" García (24 / 65 OVR)
- Proof that hard work ultimately pays off. He started off this season as nothing more than a substitute but now heads into the new season as the starter.

#4 Álex Pérez (22 / 65 OVR)
- On loan from Getafe CF, Pérez currently does not figure into the club's future plans although he may be pursued for a more permanent stay.

#21 Ruyman Hernández (27 / 64 OVR)
- The former captain had his ups and downs on defense but ultimately ended on a high note. He will need to continue performing if he plans on keeping his starting position though.

#3 Fernando Vega (29 / 64 OVR)
- The starting left back for the better part of the season, Vega ultimately saw his position taken over by Toño. Unhappy with his playing time, he will need to fight for playing time.

#12 Tomás Girón (22 / 63 OVR)
- Though just a reserve this past season, Girón improved after a short loan to Shrewsbury. He is expected to see more playing time this upcoming season.

#5 Juan Zamora (31 / 62 OVR)
- As one of the oldest on the team, Zamora's time on the pitch has diminished. His age does not stop him from being a reliable substitute.

#16 Cristian Peña (22 / 61 OVR)
- Recently acquired from Deportivo Quindío, the Colombian saw very little playing time. With Córcoles still in form, Peña will have to fight for playing time.

#15 Daniel "Cifu" Cifuentes (33 / 61 OVR)
- Another disgruntled player due to playing time, Cifu only saw the pitch in two games. He too has agreed to leave the club at the expiration of his contract and will be joining Real Jaén CF.

Defense has the most depth on the current roster which led to some players not getting as much playing time as others. Pérez leaving the team will be a great loss although it is rumored that there will be an attempt to bring him back. Another thing to look forward to in the new season is the battle for the starting left back position. Toño, Vega and Girón are all skilled players that could easily start at the position over the others. On the other side of the defense, Peña will have to work more if he expects to start although there is a great chance that he may be loaned out for that to happen.

Last edited by jromero120; 07-21-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:06 AM   #5
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

Midfielders

Will new fan favorite Alison continue to impress?

#14 Alison Lopes Ferreira (21 / 69 OVR)
- Seen as a "cheap replacement" for Dimas by the media and fans, Alison quickly put those opinions to rest. He proved to be a great addition to the team and one the figures into the team's plans for years to come.

#6 Ángel Montoro (25 / 69 OVR)
- As Alison's partner-in-crime on the defensive side of the midfield, he works perfectly in the tandem. His top form is what helped him secure one of the two available starting defensive midfield positions.

#11 Jorge Larena (32 / 65 OVR)
- Not only does Larena not get much playing time, but he does not play in good form when he does. Transfer listed during the summer, he is expected to be on the move as soon as possible.

#18 Jesús Vázquez (34 / 65 OVR)
- A starter at the beginning of the season, Vázquez saw himself lose his spot to the newly acquired Alison. He has since become a reliable backup although with his increasing age, it is unknown how long that will last.

#22 Álvaro Antón (32 / 65 OVR)
- Though not a full-time starter, Antón sees more than his fair share of time on the pitch. He doesn't have stellar performances but he does manage to get the job done.

#- Dani Molina (18 / 57 OVR)
- On loan at Northampton, Molina managed to slightly improve. Expect him to be sent out on loan once again so that he can hopefully continue to improve.

When it comes to the midfield, the defensive side of it is in good hands. Alison and Montoro are more than capable of handling the roles assigned to them and Vázquez is a suitable backup. Plus, with Alison and Montoro being in their early to mid-twenties, they still have their careers ahead of them. The attacking side of the midfield needs major improvements. Though Antón was not bad, his career is on the decline and his stamina is not the best. A young replacement will be needed soon for the position to be effective in La Liga.

Last edited by jromero120; 07-21-2014 at 03:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 12:32 AM   #6
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

Forwards

How will Arana top his impressive season?

#17 Manuel Arana (29 / 72 OVR)
- Quite possibly the best player on the team. Arana led the league in assists with 12 and contributed more with his all-around good playing.

#8 Jonathan Valle (29 / 70 OVR)
- A player that has that special something but that unfortunately has shown bad form in the past. He will have his good games but is currently not something to write home about.

#7 Ezequiel Calvente (23 / 69 OVR)
- Another loanee. Ezequiel showed great speed and dribbling on the pitch so it is expected that he will be pursued to permanently return from Real Betis.

#9 Miguel Linares (31 / 68 OVR)
- So much can be said about Linares. He led the team in goals and is the team's captain for a reason.

#10 Luis Felipe Gallegos (22 / 67 OVR)
- Gallegos is a player that at first saw no playing time but is now an integral part of the attack. His speed is good enough to beat any defender.

#24 Aloys Nong (30 / 67 OVR)
- On loan from Levante UD, Nong was there to help the team. He will be missed but can be replaced.

#19 José "Joselu" Moreno (23 / 66 OVR)
- Joselu is a player that got more involved on the pitch as the season progressed. He is still young and is expected to continue developing.

#- Josmar Zambrano (21 / 65 OVR)
- Out on a season loan at FC Barcelona B, it was easy to keep an eye on Josmar's development. He showed pretty good form and will definitely be getting more playing time.

#28 José Naranjo (19 / 59 OVR)
- Able to contribute three goals in his few matches, Naranjo shows that he may have a promising career ahead of him. He is expected to be sent out on a loan this season barring that one cannot be secured like last season.

RC Recreativo has a pretty strong core when it comes to their forwards. Some are quick with their feet while some are strong finishers. Unfortunately, there is not one that has a good combination of both and some have issues with stamina. They did manage to cross and beat their opponents like that during the season but La Liga won't be as easy. These forwards may need some outside help if they are unable to excel how they would like to.

Last edited by jromero120; 07-21-2014 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #7
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

Welcome Back!

Back from loan, Josmar is ready to make an impact.

With the end of the season upon us, it is now time for players on loan to return to return to their original clubs. As players clear out their lockers and take their leave, let's have a look at how this affects RC Recreativo just before the new season.

RC Recreativo will be losing three players due to their loans expiring: Aloys Nong, Ezequiel and Álex Pérez. Of the three, Nong and Ezequiel were the ones who saw significant playing time on the pitch with Nong being a regular starter. Nong will leave a hole in Recreativo's attacking but not one that cannot be filled. With Gallegos on top of his game and Josmar having majorly improved during his loan, they both are capable of filling his role quite nicely. Gallegos has the speed of Nong while Josmar has a more well-rounded game. During the season, Ezequiel was someone else who could fill that role and it is to be expected that Romero attempts to bring him back on a transfer.

Though not someone who figured much into their plans this season, Pérez is someone who Romero saw as promising. He was a player that saw very little time on the pitch but one that impressed whenever given the chance. Had Menosse and Ruyman not been in such top form, he could have easily started on defense. Expect Romero to pursue him in the upcoming season as well.

As for their returning players, only Josmar seems to figure into Recreativo's plans. He is the one player that went out on loan and improved the most with the team he was in. Unfortunately, Luisma and Molina did not do much to impress while away. They are expected to be loaned out again or shipped out if no one is looking to take them.

It will be interesting to see what RC Recreativo does next now that they are in La Liga.

Returning:
RW Josmar (FC Barcelona B)
GK Luisma (Aalborg BK)
CM Dani Molina (Northampton)

Leaving:
Álex Pérez (Getafe CF)
Ezequiel (Real Betis)
Aloys Nong (Levante UD)
Old 07-16-2014, 03:13 AM   #8
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

One Day In, Three Players Out...

Álvaro Antón announces his injury during a press conference.

First day of the new season and RC Recreativo is down three players from the get-go. There were two players whose departure has been known for six months. Former starting goalkeeper Cabrero and midfielder Cifu had agreed to join Girona CF and Real Jaén CF respectively. They had become disgruntled with their position in the club. Younger, less experienced players got to see the pitch much more than they did, something they were not okay with. Cabrero had this to say: "I was never given a chance. I only got to play in a friendly before being benched for the season. It was my position but I was never given the chance to prove that."

The third player gone for the time being is Álvaro Antón. Antón will be out of commission for two months due to an injury that occurred during training. "My knee looked swelled up and I felt my knee locking up when I would try running. I decided to have the medical staff take a look at it and that's when they told me what it was," said Antón of the injury. The medical staff diagnosed Antón with a lateral collateral ligament injury which can definitely be seen as a huge blow to the club.

Manager Romero had this to say about the injury: "It is a huge loss for the club. Antón is a big part of the success we have had up until now and he was poised to continue starting at the center attacking midfield position. Without Antón, Jonathan Valle will have to step up and take over the position for the time being. This is a position that does not have much depth so we will do our best to make some moves that can help out the situation."

When asked what players the club was interested in, Romero played coy on the matter. "We do have some players that we are interested in and are in the process of inquiring about but that is as much as I am willing to say."

Whatever moves the club has in mind will hopefully pay off and help resolve the situation. Valle is obviously not seen as an everyday starter by Romero so that position will definitely be one that will be at the top of their list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »