Home

WWE Universe Story Poll

This is a discussion on WWE Universe Story Poll within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Universe Will We See?
The Rise of an Empire 0 0%
WWE Day One 3 75.00%
Bankruptcy 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2015, 12:31 AM   #1
Rookie

ApexPredator724's Arena

OVR: 0
WWE Universe Story Poll

WWE.png
Hello Everyone, I am ApexPredator724 and I will be setting out on my first adventure into dynasty story telling. I have spent the last 5 days reading several members dynasties on here to make sure when I got involved it was a fresh take on things. I have been inspired by you all and hope with your help to not only enjoy my Universe and WWE game more but to grow in delivering a top notch Universe write up. I have come up with several ideas that I think would be interesting to see. As readers, I want to appeal to you for the final decision as you will be the target audience. So without further delay, here are my ideas -

The Rise of an Empire: What if WWE had a new competitor, someone within the company who owned enough shares to take over Smackdown and bring some exclusive talent with him? WWE would only have Monday Night Raw while the competitor under a new name would only have a Friday Night show. This would have 2 pay-per-views a month, yet out of respect for tradition Summer Slam, Survivor Series, The Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania would still be cross brand. This is not a brand war, this is a war of two companies forced to deal with each other.

WWE Day One: This wouldn't be like starting over and retelling history, this would be a story as if there was no history. What if WWE hadn't existed and this was the beginning. Superstars are all unknown, characters aren't yet defined, matches don't yet exist, and any rivalry... correction anything is truly possible.

Bankruptcy: With the WWE Network failing and sales in WWE not as high as past years, what would happen if WWE had to make some cutbacks? The roster is cut down to just main event players with room for a few rising stars to take their place? TV air time is just too much money, so Smackdown is cut and Raw is once again the center stone of the industry. Storytelling would have to be interesting, dynamic, and evolving. There is no room to run the same thing over and over because you have much less personnel to rotate. One roster of 25 superstars... who will make the cut?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Re: WWE Universe Story Poll

First of all, welcome to the club.

Second of all, damn dude ALL 3 of these are really, really interesting and unique ideas.

Although Rise of an empire is interesting because it would be a new fed, but it kind of has the feel of a brand wars to me which we have.

The Day 1 one is very unique and could be interesting with having to believe there is no history.

Bankruptcy is intriguing to me because because you can only use 25 guys so it would be interesting to see who you would use. (Although I would suggest you go with 26 so you can have an even number so that you have an even number per division as well as tag teams)

How long are you giving people to vote? I am trying to figure out which one I would like to see.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 01-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
Rookie

ApexPredator724's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
First of all, welcome to the club.

Bankruptcy is intriguing to me because because you can only use 25 guys so it would be interesting to see who you would use. (Although I would suggest you go with 26 so you can have an even number so that you have an even number per division as well as tag teams)

How long are you giving people to vote? I am trying to figure out which one I would like to see.
Thank you, really excited about this. I'm giving the vote a minimum of 24 hours, so you probably won't see the start of the Universe till tomorrow as I will spend most of the night trying to hash out rosters and set it all up. I agree with the 26 thing as well, I was thinking along the lines of 4-6 Divas because I don't just want the Bella Twins being half the division. After that split the competitors among the World and Secondary Titles with everyone eligible to be a Tag Champion.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #4
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

I voted Day One. It's different than any other universe here, but it's not handicapping you like Bankruptcy.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:04 PM   #5
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Yeah it will be tight.
This is what I would do

12 singles
6 divas
4 teams (8 guys)

Could also have singles in teams and singles and have
8 singles only
4 singles/2 teams (4)
4 teams (8)
6 divas

Those are both 26

WWLeague Season 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #6
Rookie

ApexPredator724's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
I voted Day One. It's different than any other universe here, but it's not handicapping you like Bankruptcy.
Thanks, appreciate the vote. I like that one as well because I can essentially create new gimmicks for people or even bring back their old ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Yeah it will be tight.
This is what I would do

12 singles
6 divas
4 teams (8 guys)

Could also have singles in teams and singles and have
8 singles only
4 singles/2 teams (4)
4 teams (8)
6 divas

Those are both 26
If I was to do it, I would probably use the second option. Just so that the tag division doesn't go stale and we don't see the same rivalries over and over. Rated RKO was one of the most entertaining tag teams for me in recent memory, and both Randy and Edge were at the top of their games then.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:53 PM   #7
Rookie

ApexPredator724's Arena

Just need a couple more votes, hopefully we can get some. Interested in seeing what people want to read as I said.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #8
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

I was very intrigued by all 3 options. The first one feels too much like a brand split, even if you were bringing in an entire "show" of new guys.

While I think the bankruptcy one would be very interesting I think it would limit things too much like Smoove said.

I went with Day one. Its going to take good storytelling to keep us from thinking about preconceived things.

WWLeague Season 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »