Home

A New Era in the UFC

This is a discussion on A New Era in the UFC within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: A New Era in the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeydays23
Thanks! With this theres an almost endless number of possibilities for fights. I just have to make sure I don't have guys fighting too soon after they last fought.

Debating bringing back guys like Wanderlei, Forrest Griffin, and GSP For superfights and stuff.

Wanted to say thank you for helping me get interested in doing this. It really brought out my enjoyment in this league. I enjoy it quite a bit. I have the same issue as you. Sometimes I feel the cards are too stacked. I made up my own set of rules. IE,No fighter can fight less than six months, unless under special circumstances. MY other thing is im finding ALOT of cards stacked with championship fights. Just too many.

But, I would for sure bring back, Wanderlei, Forrest, GSP, Matt, Brock, and all the other legends. It adds excitement and mixes things up. Try it. For me if they lose twice, they done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 07:15 AM   #42
Rookie

smokeydays23's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Wanted to say thank you for helping me get interested in doing this. It really brought out my enjoyment in this league. I enjoy it quite a bit. I have the same issue as you. Sometimes I feel the cards are too stacked. I made up my own set of rules. IE,No fighter can fight less than six months, unless under special circumstances. MY other thing is im finding ALOT of cards stacked with championship fights. Just too many.

But, I would for sure bring back, Wanderlei, Forrest, GSP, Matt, Brock, and all the other legends. It adds excitement and mixes things up. Try it. For me if they lose twice, they done.
Thanks for the feedback man! I don't have many rules, I should probably bring some In. Thanks!!

Rose Bowl Challenge Online Dynasty
-Michigan State (2-0 overall)
Old 06-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #43
Rookie

smokeydays23's Arena

UFC Fight Night 7: Hendricks vs. Nate Diaz Review

Gray Maynard vs. Ross Pearson:
Maynard and Pearson both entered this bout coming off losses, and looking to make a case to enter the top-10 in the Lightweight division. Pearson did well in the first round at landing significant strikes, takedowns, and bullying “The Bully” on the ground. Pearson attempted to submit Maynard with a kimura in round two, but lost it, but he would go on to rock Maynard with a head kick later on in the round. He almost locked in an armbar in the final round, but lost that as well. He thoroughly outstruck Maynard in that round, and his aggression throughout the fight led to him winning a Unanimous Decision.
Result: Ross Pearson def. Gray Maynard by Unanimous Decision.

#10 Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira:
Evans and Nogueira both lost their last fights to Dan Henderson and Shogun Rua respectively, and both needed a win to get back in the race for the Light Heavyweight crown. Evans dominated the first round, rocking Little Nog with a head kick and landing FOUR takedowns. He also came close to submitting Nogueira with an armbar. His dominance would come at a standstill in the second though, as Nogueira rebounded exceptionally well and showcased a dominant round of his own from a striking standpoint. The fight was extremely close in the third round, and the result of the fight was a split decision victory by Rashad Evans.
Result: #10 Rashad Evans def. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira by Split Decision.

#4 Frankie Edgar vs. #5 Dustin Porier:
Edgar came into this bout the loser of his last fight, a #1 contender fight vs. Chad Mendes. Edgar looked to get his career turned forward with a win vs the dangerous Dustin Porier. Porier held a distinct reach advantage over Edgar, but he couldn’t use it to his advantage as Edgar outstruck him and wrestled him to the canvas several times. He did much more of the same in round two, landing takedowns and counter strikes very effectively. Porier did rock Edgar in round three and outstrike him in that round, and after he stuffed a takedown he locked in a Peruvian necktie and submitted Frankie Edgar!
Result: #5 Dustin Porier def. #4 Frankie Edgar at 4:05 of Round 3 by SUB.

#3 Anderson Silva vs. #6 Michael Bisping:
One of the greatest fighters of all-time, Anderson Silva, lost his last fight to Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman, and he got a fight with a man who had always wanted to fight him, Michael Bisping, for a chance at moving back into title contention in the 185-pound division. This was one of the better fights we’ve seen in quite a long time. Both men went toe to toe, dropping their hands and swinging away all fight long. Silva seemed to hold a slight advantage after one, but Bisping made an excellent case for himself. Silva did well in round two of “separating himself” from the Englishman with solid kicks, and he stunned him with a right straight late in the round. He looked like the old Anderson Silva. Bisping did land three takedowns though, and it was wide open heading into the final five minutes. Bisping was very lackadaisical in that final round though, as Silva had his way with him. Silva would earn a unanimous decision.
Result: #3 Anderson Silva def. #6 Michael Bisping by Unanimous Decision.

#1 Johny Hendricks vs. #2 Nate Diaz:
Diaz came into this fight on a roll, having defeated his last two opponents, Hector Lombard and Gunnar Nelson. If he won this fight, he would earn a shot at Rory MacDonald for the Welterweight belt. He held a five-inch reach advantage over “Big Rigg”, and he used it to his advantage very early!! No more than 1:18 into the first round, he rocked Hendricks with a big hook, knocked him down, and with one punch, TKO’d him!! Nate Diaz will fight Rory MacDonald for the belt!! What a finish!!
Result: #2 Nate Diaz def. #1 Johny Hendricks at 1:18 of Round 1 by TKO.

FOTN: Anderson Silva vs. Michael Bisping
KOTN: Nate Diaz
SOTN: Dustin Porier

Old 06-07-2015, 02:35 PM   #44
Rookie

smokeydays23's Arena

UFC Fight Night 8: Nelson vs. Browne Preview

Dana White and the UFC have announced their next fight card in Los Angeles, UFC Fight Night 8, headlined by a #1 contender fight between Roy Nelson and Travis Browne for the right to fight for the belt vs. Fabricio Werdum. A look at the whole card below:

Main Event: #1 Roy Nelson vs. #2 Travis Browne
Co-Main Event: #4 Jim Miller vs. #7 Joe Lauzon
Main Card: #7 Cub Swanson vs. #8 Chan Sung Jung
Under Card: #4 Alexis Davis vs. #5 Sara McMann
Under Card: #7 Hector Lombard vs. Matt Browne

Old 06-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #45
Rookie

smokeydays23's Arena

UFC Fight Night 8: Nelson vs. Browne Review

#7 Hector Lombard vs. Matt Brown:
Both men were losers of their last fights, Lombard to #1 contender Nate Diaz and Brown by a freak liver kick TKO at the hands of Mike Pyle. Both were looking to get back in the W column. Brown nearly finished the fight in the first round when he stuffed a takedown and almost submitted Lombard with a Peruvian necktie, but he lost it. Lombard then tried a kimura but lost it. The majority of this first round was spent on the ground, and Matt Brown dominated it on the ground. When the fight went back to the feet though, Brown rocked Lombard with a right hook, waited a second, and then fired in a left hook and knocked Lombard out cold! Matt Brown by Knockout! After the decision, Matt Brown took the mic from Joe Rogan and said, “Mike Pyle! I want a rematch! Your win was a fluke!”
Result: Matt Brown def. #7 Hector Lombard at 4:45 of Round 1 by KO.

#4 Alexis Davis vs. #5 Sara McMann:
The UFC Women’s bantamweight division is stacked at the top, and two fighters trying to thrust themselves into the upper echelon of female fighters were Alexis Davis and Sara McMann. These two women went toe-to-toe from the very beginning. McMann attempted to submit Davis three times in the first round, but lost all three very quickly. Davis did an excellent job of landing significant strikes and her submission defense seemed to be enough to give her the round. McMann attempted a fourth submission in the second but couldn’t lock it in, but her ability to take the fight to the ground and keep it there won her round two. It was any woman’s fight going into the final round, and McMann rocked Davis with less than 90 seconds left. She couldn’t finish her, but all three judges felt that she had won. Sara McMann by Unanimous Decision.
Result: #5 Sara McMann def. #4 Alexis Davis by Unanimous Decision.

#7 Cub Swanson vs. #8 Chan Sung Jung:
Both Swanson and Jung had yet to fight anyone since the changes to the UFC took effect, so Dana White decided to pit the two talented featherweights against one another. Jung quickly landed five or six BIG kicks early into the first minute, and he set a blistering pace that continued throughout the fight. Jung rocked Swanson quickly with a left hook, but he recovered very quickly. Jung took Swanson down and almost submitted him with a twister, much to the delight of the fans, but lost it very near the finishing point. Swanson rocked Jung with 5 seconds left in the first round, and after one, the crowd was on their feet. The pace feverishly continued into round two, and every second but the last twelve of the round was on the feet. It seemed as if both fighters had won a round heading into the third round. Both men went toe to toe again in the third, and then all of a sudden Swanson tries a superman punch and lands it, and knocks the Korean Zombie out cold! Cub Swanson by KO!
Result: #7 Cub Swanson def. #8 Chan Sung Jung at 4:33 of Round 3 by KO.

#4 Jim Miller vs. #7 Joe Lauzon:
Miller and Lauzon are two of the UFC’s best at putting on a show, thanks to their relentless pace and cardio, so UFC fans got a treat when they were matched up vs. one another. Both were looking to climb the Lightweight rankings. Lauzon tried to submit Miller from mounted position early, but he lost the arm he was trying to secure in an armbar very quickly. Both men did a ton of damage early on, and even after the first round it was a bloody mess. Lauzon landed two takedowns, but Miller did a lot of damage, so he seemed to hold the advantage after one round. Lauzon rocked Miller with a front kick and knocked him down, but Miller protected himself enough to be able to continue on. Miller was ridiculously close to submitting Lauzon via an arm triangle, but he lost it at the last possible second! Lauzon won the second round, and he carried his momentum from the knockdown into the third, as he held a lot of confidence in his abilities in the octagon. He did a great job in that third round, and he was awarded a Split Decision victory by the judges.
Result: #7 Joe Lauzon def. #4 Jim Miller by Split Decision.

#1 Roy Nelson vs. #2 Travis Browne:
These two heavyweight fighters came in vying for a shot at the UFC Heavyweight crown and Fabricio Werdum, and both came in winners of their last fights. Browne came close to submitting Nelson in the first minute with a Kimura, but could not capitalize and lost it. He tried again with one minute left, but he lost that one as well. Browne did a ton of damage in the striking department too in that round, and he held a distinct advantage after one. Nelson seemed to struggle landing strikes in the first and second round, but the ones he did land did damage. Browne seemed to be the far superior fighter in the second round, until Nelson rocked him. Browne still held a very large advantage after two. “Big Country” finally began to find a rhythm in round three, as he began landing strikes and successfully taking Browne to the canvas. He won the third round, but he had a horrible cut and was exhausted after it. He landed several strong combinations in that fourth round, and he amassed an outstanding 17 takedowns through four rounds. Browne did an outstanding job of doing damage with kicks and knees in that fourth round, though. It was hard to tell which one had won the round. Nelson got several more takedowns in round five, and brutalized his opponent with ground and pound. It was hard to tell who had won, but either man deserved to win. It was a split decision, but the judges felt that Travis Browne was the winner, and deserved to fight for the belt.
Result: #2 Travis Browne def. #1 Roy Nelson by Split Decision.
FOTN: Joe Lauzon vs. Jim Miller
KOTN: Cub Swanson
SOTN: None

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #46
Rookie

smokeydays23's Arena

UFC 7: Aldo vs. Mendes Has Been Announced

Jose Aldo, the first and only UFC Featherweight champion, will finally put his belt on the line vs. Chad Mendes, the man who defeated Frankie Edgar to earn the right at this fight. Here's the whole card:

Main Event: (C) Jose Aldo vs. #1 Chad Mendes
Co-Main Event: #2 Michael McDonald vs. #4 Takeya Mizugaki
Main Card: #4 Daniel Cormier vs. #6 Gegard Mousasi
Under Card: #5 Stipe Miocic vs. #7 Antonio Silva
Under Card: Wanderlei Silva vs. Chael Sonnen

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »