Home

The Great Escape - An FC Schalke 04 Career Mode

This is a discussion on The Great Escape - An FC Schalke 04 Career Mode within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
The Great Escape - An FC Schalke 04 Career Mode

Hello guys! I've been super inactive on this site, my last post was probably 8 months ago. I've also had a problem completing career modes on this site, so I think the best solution is to start by playing only half a season(at least for only the first season). I've decided to sim the first half of the season and attempt to create a terrible scenario for FC Schalke. After about 20 repeats, I got too tired and settled with a mediocre-ish scenario.

FC Schalke 04
Difficulty: World Class
Sliders: Default(Will try to experiment later)
Disable 1st Transfer Window? Yes
Financial Strictness: Moderate
Half-Length: 4 mins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Great Escape - An FC Schalke 04 Career Mode

Roberto Di Matteo Steps Down as FC Schalke Manager

Dec. 26, 2014

Roberto Di Matteo has been confirmed to step down as FC Schalke Manager today after a press conference held by Schalke. The Italian manager has led Schalke to what must be deemed as a disappointing campaign thus far. After 17 matches, he has only accrued 26 points, placing them 8th in the Bundesliga table. Di Matteo's Schalke also crashed out of the Champions League after losing to Liverpool 1-0, where a draw could have secured a spot to the last 16. Schalke are also out of the DFB Pokal after losing to Wolfsburg 2-1 just two days ago.

"I am deeply sorry to Schalke fans for disappointing to meet the standards set by the club," said Di Matteo to the press "I hope that Schalke can ignite their competitive fire under a much better suited manager."

Schalke fans who were protesting that Di Matteo should be sacked are now looking forward to this change in management. Schalke have reportedly not found a replacement yet, but are said to be conducting talks with other managers.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Phillip Cocu is unveiled as new Schalke Manager

Dec. 29, 2014

The search for the new Schalke manager is over, with Phillip Cocu's contract being bought out by the German Club. Cocu has had an immensely successful campaign thus far with the PSV Eindhoven. They sit 2nd in the Dutch Eredivisie, one point behind league leaders Ajax. They've also advanced past the Europa League stages, where a meeting between between them and Cocu's new club, Schalke, is a possibility.

"I will never forget my time at PSV," says a jubilant Cocu "I wish them the best in moving forward, but I am also excited about this new challenge that I face with Schalke."

It has been reported that Patrick Viera was heavily pursued by the German club, but FC Schalke eventually believed that Cocu's top flight experience trumped what Viera brought to the table.

But being the new manager did not prevent the media from asking questions about the upcoming transfer window.

"I believe that we have a good side, I don't really think that there needs to be much more change." Cocu replied

PSV's Memphis Depay has been heavily linked to follow his former boss to the Schalke, but Depay is reportedly not keen on a switch anytime soon.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Felix Platte to join Paderborn on permanent deal

Jan. 17, 2015

Felix Platte is set to return to former club SC Paderborn after three years in Schalke. The 18 year old arrived at the Gelsenkirchen club after three years at Paderborn. Platte has since then made 2 appearances for Schalke's senior team, both times as a substitute. SC Paderborn paid €1,500,000 for the striker.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #5
Rookie

FC Schalke complete move for Memphis Depay

Jan. 26, 2015

Memphis Depay is going to join FC Schalke as the first player to be purchased under Phillip Cocu's reign. The Dutch international has been with PSV for 9 years and has featured in the senior team regularly since 2011.

His arrival is considered to be an added competition for the striker position, which fellow Dutchman Klass-Jan Huntelaar currently occupies.

"He's very versatile," Cocu replied when asked about Depay's position "Memphis can play on the left, right or up top. Sometimes he can even fill in for the attacking midfield role."

PSV and Schalke agreed on a fee of €16,000,000 for the Dutch player. Depay will wear the vacant no.14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Sami Khedira set to join FC Schalke in July

Jan. 27, 2015

Real Madrid midfielder confirms that he will not be signing an extension with the Spanish club after signing a contract with FC Schalke that is set to take effect this July.

"I'm extremely pleased to announce that I will join FC Schalke next season." Khedira says in a tweet after the deal was struck.

"He's going to add a lot of quality to our side," says captain Benedikt Howedes "I've played with him for the national team and he definitely adds a lot of stability to both the defense and offense."
Old 06-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Marco Hoger sinks Hannover with the only goal of the game

Match Week 18: FC Schalke 1 - 0 Hannover 96
Jan. 31, 2015

Phillip Cocu passes the first test of his Schalke reign as they claim their first win since November. Schalke dominated the possession but wasn't much of a threat till the dying embers of half-time where they produced three shots in 5 minutes.
However, no goals would be scored till the second half when Maximillian Meyer sent a wayward shot from just outside the box, but the ball was deflected in by Marco Hoger.

"I think it was a solid game," says Cocu after the game "We definitely could have added to the score, but Max and Klass-Jan had two good shots that slammed the post. Defensively it was a good performance."

Memphis Depay also made an appearance in the 85th minute as a substitute, immediately creating a chance for Klass-Jan Huntelaar, but the Dutchman could not convert.

"He's definitely top class," replied Draxler when asked about his impressions on Memphis "We need lot's of competition and depth in our squad so we can all improve."

Schalke leapfrog Stuttgart and Eintracht Frankfurt in the standings and end the January in a solid 6th place.

Last edited by pickingupcrumbs; 06-03-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Bundesliga Standings (As of Feb.1, 2015)
TEAMGPWDLPTS
FC Bayern Munich **18125141
Bayer 04 **18104434
VfL Wolfsburg **18103533
Bor. M'gladbach **1893630
Hannover 96 *1886430
FC Schalke 04 *1885529
VfB Stuttgart1885529
Eint. Frankfurt1884628
Bor. Dortmund1883727
Hamburger SV1874725
1899 Hoffenheim1865723