Home

Return to Relevance: Peru's Road to Russia 2018 (PES 2016)

This is a discussion on Return to Relevance: Peru's Road to Russia 2018 (PES 2016) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 03:45 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Return to Relevance: Peru's Road to Russia 2018 (PES 2016)

Team: Peru
Game: PES 2016 (PS4)
Difficulty: Top Player
Match Time: 15 minutes
Competitions: Friendlies, World Cup Qualifiers, 2015 Copa America, 2016 Copa America Centenario

I'm having a lot of fun with PES 2016 now that I've uploaded all the international jerseys and fixed the names, and have decided to run a dynasty with Peru's national team. The point of this dynasty is not to necessarily win the 2018 World Cup in Russia, but simply to qualify for the tournament.

Peru has gone more more than 30 years without reaching the World Cup finals (1982 in Spain was the last time). I will attempt to successfully navigate the Peruvians on the Road to Russia so that they can regain prominence and respect in the world of soccer. I will "pick up" where the previously World Cup cycle ended following the conclusion of the 2014 tournament in Brazil.

It should be a fun ride, and any and all feedback, comments, and suggestions are welcome.

Vamos Peru carajo!!!

Last edited by PeruvianPlaya954; 10-04-2015 at 04:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 04:25 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Return to Relevance: Peru's Road to Russia 2018 (PES 2016)

FPF hires Ricardo Gareca as new head coach

LIMA -- The Peruvian Football Federation (FPF) has announced that it has signed Ricardo Gareca to be the next head coach of the senior national team. Gareca, a retired player who represented his native Argentina 20 times, is tasked with helping Peru bounce back from yet another disappointing World Cup qualifying campaign.

Peru failed to reach the recently-concluded 2014 World Cup in Brazil under the guidance of manager Sergio Markarian, and the FPF has decided to go in another direction. Gareca joins Peru after coaching only at the club level in South America - most notably and recently at Brazilian outfit Palmeiras and Argentina side Velez Sarsfield - but is confident he can get the job done on the international stage because of his experience with Peruvian soccer. Gareca previously managed Universitario, one of the biggest clubs in Peru.

"I'm very familiar with Peru's rich soccer history, its traditional style of play, its rich pool of talented players," said Gareca at his introductory press conference en La Videna, Peru's practice facility and home base. "It will be a challenge for me as it will be for the players to reach the World Cup in Russia 2018, but that's the goal. Anything can be accomplished with hard work, commitment, and sacrifice, and we will do everything we can to make this dream become a reality.

"It is time Peru returns back to prominence in the world of soccer."

Last edited by PeruvianPlaya954; 04-20-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:46 AM   #3
MVP

Gareca fills coaching staff with Peruvian legends

LIMA -- Ricardo Gareca is counting on several notable Peruvians to help him guide La Blanquirroja (The White and Red) to Russia 2018.

A week after being appointed the new head coach of Peru, Gareca named his coaching staff for this four-year cycle. His top assistant coach will be retired player and Peruvian legend Nolberto Solano (pictured). The other assistants are also fellow former Peruvian internationals, and they are Roberto Palacios, Jose Guillermo del Solar, and Andres Mendoza.

The goalkeepers coach is the now-retired Leao Butron, who also played for Peru, and the team physician is a compatriot in Julio Segura who has years working in soccer. The physical trainer is Nestor Bonillo, an Argentine who has previously worked with Gareca.

"I believe this group of men will help me and the team in our goal to qualify for the World Cup," said Gareca in a statement. "The knowledge that these former players and experts bring to the table is incredible, and I can't wait to get to working with them."

Gareca and his coaching staff will hold their first international camp during FIFA's two-game international window in September. Discussions with other nations for the pair of friendlies are ongoing.

Last edited by PeruvianPlaya954; 04-20-2016 at 04:00 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:57 AM   #4
MVP

Peru's Fantastic Four discuss Gareca hiring

Peru's best players have spoken, and they are optimistic and excited about the future under new head coach Ricardo Gareca.

Claudio Pizarro, Jefferson Farfan, Paolo Guerrero, and Juan Manuel Vargas - also known as the Fantastic Four in their homeland - briefly talked about the introduction of Gareca as the Peru national team manager. The four veterans, who all touched on the subject while in preseason with their respective clubs, had nothing but positives to say about the hire.

Pizarro (Bayern Munich): "I look forward to working with coach Gareca. He'll bring some new ideas to the group, and his familiarity with Peruvian soccer is a major plus for us."

Farfan (Schalke 04): "I'd like to thank previous head coach Sergio Markarian for his services these last few years, and at the same time want to express how excited I am to play under Ricardo. The coaching staff he has put together is incredible. I am eager to be a part of the first camp in September."

Guerrero (Corinthians): "There's excitement amongst the players. Gareca has had plenty of success in his career, and we hope that with him we can achieve our goal of returning to a World Cup."

Vargas (Fiorentina): "I spoke to Ricardo by phone the other day, and his plans for the team sound very promising. We want to get to Russia 2018, but us veterans who have been with the national team for a long time have to do our part in helping all the players enjoy a smooth transition."

Last edited by PeruvianPlaya954; 04-20-2016 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
MVP

FPF schedules Mexico, Japan for first friendlies under Gareca

LIMA -- The Peruvian Football Federation announced today that Ricardo Gareca's first games in charge of Peru's national team will be at home against Mexico and Japan in September.

Both friendlies will be played at Peru's regular home venue, Estadio Nacional, in Lima. All 40,000 seats will be open for the two games. The first will be against Mexico, and then there will be three days of recovery and training before taking on Japan.

"Mexico and Japan both were teams at this last World Cup in Brazil, and have very technical players that can cause us problems," said Gareca in a statement. "We look forward to testing ourselves against the likes of Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez and Keisuke Honda, and hope to put out some good performances as we begin this long journey towards the 2018 World Cup."

Gareca's first roster is expected to be announced in the coming weeks. The veteran likes of Paolo Guerrero and Jefferson Farfan are expected to be called in.

Last edited by PeruvianPlaya954; 04-20-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Always important to get the best players on your side early.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:37 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Always important to get the best players on your side early.
Yeah, sounds promising so far but that's usually how it goes when a new coach arrives and players want to get on his good side.

We'll see if everything stays so rosy once the games get underway, as Peru is known to have turmoil and drama.

Thanks for following!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:00 AM   #8
MVP

Gareca names initial 23-man roster for September friendlies

LIMA -- Ricardo Gareca has announced his first roster as Peru head coach for a pair of upcoming home friendlies against Mexico and Japan.

Gareca summoned 23 players, all of which are currently based either in Peru or Europe. The most notable names are veterans Claudio Pizarro, Jefferson Farfan, Paolo Guerrero, and Juan Manuel Vargas, but there are also some promising lesser-known commodities like Carlos Ascues and Christian Cueva.

"I'm confident that this group of players has what it takes to start off this cycle with a pair of wins," said Gareca in a statement. "I plan on introducing myself and my plan for the team, but want to see players, both old and new, begin to make their cases for starting spots. There's not much time before next year's Copa America, however, so it is imperative that everyone seizes this opportunity."

PERU ROSTER FOR SEPTEMBER 2014
Goalkeepers (3): Raul Fernandez, Pedro Gallese, Diego Penny
Defenders (7): Carlos Ascues, Alexander Callens, Pedro Requena, Alberto Rodriguez, Christian Ramos, Yoshimar Yotun, Carlos Zambrano
Midfielders (9): Luis Advincula, Josepmir Ballon, Cristian Benavente, Andre Carrillo, Edwin Retamoso, Christian Cueva, Jean Deza, Carlos Lobaton, Juan Manuel Vargas
Forwards (4): Jefferson Farfan, Paolo Guerrero, Claudio Pizarro, Johan Fano

Last edited by PeruvianPlaya954; 07-12-2016 at 02:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »