Home

Rise to Power - Borussia Monchengladbach (FIFA16) - Bigjdotcom01

This is a discussion on Rise to Power - Borussia Monchengladbach (FIFA16) - Bigjdotcom01 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2015, 08:59 PM   #9
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rise to Power - Borussia Monchengladbach (FIFA16) - Bigjdotcom01

Even though I don't watch a ton of Bundesliga football, Monchengladbach have got to be one of the more likable teams considering what they've achieved (and the fact ter Stegen was the go-to goalie you'd purchase if you wanted the highest potential back in like FIFA 10 and 11). Really excited to see how well you do man!
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 11-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #10
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT1tan
Really love reading this, I'm doing a Mochenhladbach career mode myself so it's interesting seeing how this compares to mine. Also it's very well written. Good job and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Thanks! This team is pretty stacked. Should be interesting. I usually pick a team that is more of a rebuild, but since Borussia Monchengladbach hasn't won a title in so long, I went with them.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #11
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

CHAMPIONS TROPHY TOURNAMENT MATCHDAY 2

vs.

BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH 0:1 ATHLETIC BILBAO
Camp Nou (Capacity: 99,354)

SCORING:
49' - (ATB) - A. Aduriz

DISCIPLINE:
83' - (ATB) - M. Balenziaga (Yellow)

7/8/15
Barcelona, Spain (AP) - Athletic Bilbao got a beautiful goal from Aritz Aduriz just after halftime and made that stand as they held off Borussia Monchengladbach 1-nil in a Champions Trophy match up.

Aduriz split two defenders, then struck one off the far post that ricocheted into the back of the net.

Borussia Monchengladbach had their chances, but could not beat Unai Simon, who ended up being named the man of the match. He made three big saves, all after halftime.

Josip Drmic had a chance to equalize in injury time, but his shot from the left side of the box went just wide of the left post.

Borussia Monchengladbach will need a win over Valencia CF on Sunday afternoon in their final group stage match in order to advance to the semifinals. Valencia CF defeated Ajax 2-nil and now have four points, along with Athletic Bilbao. Gladbach is in third place with three points.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #12
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
Even though I don't watch a ton of Bundesliga football, Monchengladbach have got to be one of the more likable teams considering what they've achieved (and the fact ter Stegen was the go-to goalie you'd purchase if you wanted the highest potential back in like FIFA 10 and 11). Really excited to see how well you do man!
Thanks. I don't really follow the Bundesliga much either. I ran a dynasty with Hamburger SV back in FIFA 14 that was really fun. The fact that FIFA 16 went with the upgraded Bundesliga presentation made me go back that way again. I hope that you enjoy!
Old 11-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Keep this up! I like the presentation and I am a huge fan of using Bundesliga teams! Good luck.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #14
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

CHAMPIONS TROPHY TOURNAMENT MATCHDAY 3

vs.

BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH 0:0 VALENCIA CF

Antonio Barragan can only ponder his missed opportunity late

SCORING:
NO SCORING

DISCIPLINE:
32' - (BMG) - P. Herrmann (Yellow)
45' - (BMG) - Raffael (Yellow)
71' - (BMG) - I. Traore (Red)

7/12/15
Barcelona, Spain (AP) - Borussia Monchengladbach finished group play in the 2015 Champions Trophy Tournament with a thrilling 0:0 draw with Spanish side Valencia CF. Both teams had some excellent opportunities to win it, but in the end, both probably deserved a point.

Valenica CF outshot Borussia Monchengladbach 7-4. Both teams had a great chance to score in the final ten minutes. Raffael was set up beautifully by Thorgan Hazard at the top of the box in the 81st minute, but his shot sailed far over the cross bar. Valencia would then get an equally excellent scoring chance in the 87th minute when Antonio Barragan hooked a shot into the side netting.

Borussia Monchengladbach keeper Yann Summer was the Man of the Match. He made just one save, but it was a brilliant one to keep the match scoreless.

In the other group match, Ajax stunned Athletic Bilbao 4-1, which allowed Borussia Monchengladbach to advance to the semifinals on goal differential. They will face Fenerbahce in the first semifinal on Wednesday. Valencia CF, the group winner, will face Liverpool in the second semifinal.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #15
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

CHAMPIONS TROPHY TOURNAMENT SEMIFINAL

vs.

FENERBAHCE 2:1 BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH

Bruno Alves heads home the winner in the closing moments.

SCORING:
30' - (BMG) - T. Hazard (PEN)
45' - (FB) - Nani
88' - (FB) - B. Alves

DISCIPLINE:
44' - (BMG) - M. Rodriguez (Red)
45' - (FB) - R. Brouwers (Yellow)
61' - (FB) - Diego (Yellow)
66' - (FB) - C. Erkin (Yellow)
76' - (FB) - M. Topal (Yellow)
85' - (BMG) - H. Nordtveit (Yellow)
90' - (BMG) - A. Hahn (Yellow)

7/15/15
Barcelona, Spain (AP) - Borussia Monchngladbach ran into Turkish juggernaut Fanerbahce in the Champions Trophy semifinals and the German side dropped a 2-1 decision on a late brace from Bruno Alves. Fenerbahce was led by Brazillian Nani as he dominated the match. He scored a goal and set up the game winner.

Robin Van Persie and Nani were a dominant force in this one. Van Persie set up Nani for the game tying goal in the closing moments of the opening half. Nani then set up the game winner and was named the Man of the Match.

Borussia Monchengladbach took the lead in the 30th minute on a Thorgan Hazard penalty after he was flattened in the box by Fenerbahce defender Bruno Alves. Alves would make up for it with a beautiful header off of a feed from Nani in the 88th minute to beat Yann Sommer.

Borussia Monchengladbach will now have off until their Bundesliga opener on August 15 at Borussia Dortmund.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #16
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

SUMMER ADDITIONS
Borussia Monchengladbach has brought in a couple of youngsters to bolster their squad in the summer transfer window. Kelechi Iheanacho was acquired from Manchester City for a transfer fee of $2.5 M. The 18-year-old speedy Nigeria fills a need at striker for Gladbach. Center midfielder Joaquin Correa was purchased from Sampdoria of Serie A. The 21-year-old Argentinian midfielder is an excellent passer and playmaker and should find a role on the B-side.

Nineteen-year-old centerback Andreas Christensen has been loaned out to 1. FC Heldenheim for two-years. It was felt that he would have a better chance to develop with playing time. Something that he would likely be lacking at Borussia Monchengladbach.

The club is also in negotiations with Pachuca for the services of Mexican winger Hirving Lozano. The 20-year-old speedy winder could find a home on the left side up top for the German side.

The two new additions should be joining the club by the end of August.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »