Home

WWE 2K15: NXT TAKEOVER (A new beginning)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15: NXT TAKEOVER (A new beginning) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K15: NXT TAKEOVER (A new beginning)

JNorth’s NXT Review Episode 6.

Just did a quick sim of this episode as I really wanted to get to NXT Night Of Champions!

QUICK RESULTS:

1. Austin Aries defeated Samoa Joe with help from Dolph Ziggler to advance to the finals of the NXT Intercontinental Tournament. After the match Ziggler grabbed a mic and starts blaming Samoa Joe for him being out of both tournaments. He says had Joe just listened to him that maybe just maybe they’d both be in the main event rather than out of the tournament. He tells Joe that he will see him Sunday night though at Night of Champions!

2. Chris Hero and Neville went to a no contest after Hero is attacked by Rusev and McIntyre. The European powers tried to get Neville to join again and after turning them down they beat him down to. HHH comes out and informs the European Powers that sense they want to keep jumping people who have nothing to do with them rather than worry about advancing in the tournament that they have now been eliminated and the Briscoe’s will advance! However don’t worry because the two men they just jumped will now be their opponents at Night of Champions. Hero and Neville ended up regrouping and knocking Rusev and McIntrye to the floor and stand tall yelling Sunday.

3. The Addiction defeated Bourne Adrenaline

4. SwithBlade Conspiracy defeated ReDragon. Afterwards Seth Rollins attacks ReDragon from behind and informs us that Sunday night their mentor will be going 1 on 1 with himself in an EXTREME RULES match! Seth said that Daniel Bryan will regret the day he ever cost him his NXT World Title and then double stomps Kyle O’Reily through a table.

JUST FOR A HEADS UP I WILL BE DOING A NXT NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS PREVIEW BEFORE GOING FORTH WITH IT.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Another really good show review.

BTW, didn't mention this before but I love the Switchblade Conspiracy tag team name
Thanks again man and I meant to tell you earlier your read up is nice to. Still have to get fully got up but def impressed. Oh and as for them name that was actually Ambrose/Calihans team name on the indy scene. Being a Cincy OH kid myself I'm a huge fan of both guys so kinda favored them in the tournament LOL!

I do have a ? for you though; do you actually play your matches in your universe or do you let them sim out live? So far I've been simming/watching them however a few matches I just kinda did in my head so it could go along with storylines with what's been happening.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #19
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnorth3022
Thanks again man and I meant to tell you earlier your read up is nice to. Still have to get fully got up but def impressed. Oh and as for them name that was actually Ambrose/Calihans team name on the indy scene. Being a Cincy OH kid myself I'm a huge fan of both guys so kinda favored them in the tournament LOL!

I do have a ? for you though; do you actually play your matches in your universe or do you let them sim out live? So far I've been simming/watching them however a few matches I just kinda did in my head so it could go along with storylines with what's been happening.
I wasn't sure if that was a previous name they used or not (it sounded familiar).

As for playing/watching/simming I do a little bit of each. Mostly just sim the shows but if there is something specific I want to happen and it's just not happening I will play them out. Sometimes I will re-sim matches as well to see if I can get a more desired outcome but sometimes I run with the flow.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 12-22-2015, 11:53 PM   #20
Rookie

JNorth’s NXT Night of Champions Preview

If you haven’t been following the new beginning of the NXT era you have been missing out! Luckily for you though this will catch you up and preview the upcoming PPV. This Sunday night NXT will be holding its first PPV after becoming the “main roster” just 3 short weeks ago. NXT’s Night of Champions is an absolutely loaded card with all 3 titles being decided in tournament finals matches along with 4 other great matches. Now let’s not waste any times and preview the matches (in no specific order)…

Cesaro vs CM Punk
Here is likely your main event and man do we believe it’s going to be a hard hitting affair. Both men have fought a hard battle to the finals beating new plus old opponents on the way. Cesaro opened the tournament beating Chris Hero with slight help from Rusev, followed it up defeating Lashley very impressively, and then finalized his spot by defeating Seth Rollins. CM Punk on the other hand dominated Rodrick Strong in the 1st round and looked to be eliminated from the tournament after losing to Wade Barrett. However after being thrown into a fatal four way vs Wade Barrett, AJ Styles, and Sheamus CM Punk clinched his spot in the finals. This matchup has been many fans dream match and very likely will steal the show.

Matt Taven vs Mike Bennett
Quick explanation here is Matt Taven walked out on Mike Bennett when they were going up against the Brisoces. Taven later explained in a online interview that there is only room for 1 king in the kingdom and that Mike has been riding his coattail all the way to the NXT. Taven said he was ready to prove he is worth the single spot in NXT & that he was willing to put his career on the line. The match was made and the loser will be fired from the company!

Dolph Ziggler vs Samoa Joe
Jealousy and disappointment is what is causing this match up. After attempting to get Samoa Joe on his side and prevent the European Powers from interfearing in each others tournament matches Dolph Ziggler decided to take actions into his own hands. Opening round of the world title tournament saw both Joe & Dolph lose to Sheamus and Wade Barrett. Dolph ended up being on the wrong side of the European Powers sense he was looking for help to stop them and was attacked plus injured. Unable to compete the following week he had to forfeit his match vs Austin Aries. Aries went on to face Samoa Joe in the second round and Dolph seeked revenge… On Samoa Joe! Dolph interfeared in the match up and took Joe out. He later explained his actions as Joe didn’t have his back and had he maybe it’d be them in the finals. Instead now these two will go 1 on 1 with nothing on the line but pride!

European Powers (McIntyre, Rusev, & Barrett) vs Chris Hero, Neville, & AJ Styles
This match up was caused do to multiple interferences by the EUR Powers but specifically one. EUR Powers were in the Tag Tournament and one win away from going to the finals but instead put their nose into the “Second Chance Intercontinental tournament” attacking both Hero & Neville. This was the second time they have interfeared in a Hero match (first time was when he took on Cesaro). They took out Neville for him turning them down again on joining the EUR Powers. HHH ended up declaring EUR Powers match a loss and said that instead they’d take on Hero & Neville. After the main event from the past show and the brawling between Wade Barrett and AJ Styles HHH added the two to the match. Hero, Neville, and Styles have no alligence together outside their hatred for the EUR Powers. It should be interesting to see how these three react when taking on an actual faction. I'm sure if they will act as a team or let their emotions of past attacks get the best of them.

Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins
These two men have had many battles over the world including in a WWE ring. This match though maybe become the most brutal of them all. Both these men have each other to blame for being eliminated for the World Title tournament. They squared off in the second round of the world title tournament however after an attack the week before plus an attack before the match Seth Rollins prevailed. Daniel Bryan ended up seeking revenge however an costing Seth Rollins his match vs Cesaro. HHH decided then after all this and the arguing with Seth, that only way to solve the problem is one more 1 on 1 match but this time with extreme rules.

Austin Aries vs Bobby Lashley

In the “second chance” tournament finals these two will go head to head for the NXT Intercontinental title. As mentioned earlier the winner of Chris Hero and Neville match was going to be added to make it a triple threat however European Powers had something to do with it. After a disappointing lost to AJ Styles in round 1 of the NXT World Title Tournament Austin Aries got back to back lucky breaks to reach the “second chance” finals. His first break came after his opponent Dolph Ziggler was unable to go because of a beatdown by 2 members of the European Powers (Sheamus & Wade Barrett). The next break was when he was going 1 on 1 with Samoa Joe and Dolph Ziggler decided to get involved. Lashley’s road however was almost as easy as he lost his second round match up to Cesaro in the World Title tournament. Lashley then bounced back beating a beaten down Daniel Bryan to advance to the finals.

The Addiction vs The Briscoes vs SwitchBlade Conspiracy
Last but not least we have the finals to the Tag Title Tournament. All three teams had to win two matches to reach the finals with by far the Briscoes having the easiest path. The Briscoes got the bye as mentioned earlier do to the EUR Powers actions and then beat a solo Mike Bennett. SwitchBlade Conspiracy took down the KiddZayne Canadians in the first round and followed it up with a hard fought victory over ReDragon. Addiction used their veteran skills defeating both HypeBros and Bourne Adrenline to reach the finals. Released though at the last minute was the stipulation of T-L-C! I fully expect this match to steal the show and have no favorite to win it.

Now there you have it folks. Hopefully this helped catch you up for the PPV and you are looking forward to the matches as much as me!

QUICK POST
Austin Aries vs Bobby Lashley for the NXT InterContinental Title
Samoa Joe vs Dolph Ziggler
Mike Bennett vs Matt Taven
The Addiction vs The Briscoes vs SwitchBlade Conspiracy for the NXT Tag Titles
Chris Hero/Neville/AJ Styles vs Wade Barrett/Rusev/Drew McIntyre
Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins
Cesaro vs CM Punk for the NXT World Title

Last edited by Jnorth3022; 12-23-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:09 AM   #21
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Great looking first PPV but how do you plan on doing the tripe threat tag match...unfortunately that is not an option in the game (even though other 6 person matches are available. They STILL do not have triple threat tag match as an option to actually do.

WWLeague Season 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 12:12 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Great looking first PPV but how do you plan on doing the tripe threat tag match...unfortunately that is not an option in the game (even though other 6 person matches are available. They STILL do not have triple threat tag match as an option to actually do.
Sadly I noticed it alittle to late after i made the tournament so I'm just going to roll with the plan of doing a 6 man TLC and kind of keep out the attacks on each other in the story.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #23
Rookie

JNorth’s NXT Night of Champions Review

The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Kaz) vs The Brisoces (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs SwitchBlade Conspiracy (Dean Ambrose & Sami Callihan) in a Triple-Threat Tag-Team Ladder Match for the NXT Tag Team Championships
HHH stated we were going to start off with some hot tag team action and that is for sure what we did! The match was very hard to follow but I did my best to do so. Mark Briscoe wasted no time getting the ladders involved as once the bell rang he ran straight outside the ring picking them up and throwing them into the ring knocking down 2 men (Jay Briscoe, Dean Ambrose). The Addiction ended up trying to capitalize off the ladders already being in the ring as Mark was on the outside getting another. Sami Callihan put a stop to that pushing the ladder over and sending both men to the floor. Brawling commenced between Sami Callihan and Mark Briscoe inside the ring with both ladders being used.
During an altercation later Dean Ambrose was the next to attempt to climb the ladder but was stopped by a recovering Jay Briscoe. Jay ended up powerbombing Dean to the mat and knocking over the ladder.
Later on after more brawling The Briscoe’s ended up picking up two ladders and clearing house knocking all 4 men to the outside. Instead of climbing a ladder though both Briscoe’s decided to do dives to the outside. Jay connected with his dive taking out SwitchBlade Conspiracy however Mark missed The Addiction crashing hard into the announce table. It looked as if maybe Mark had suffered a serious injury and didn’t seem to recover the rest of the match. Jay returned to the ring an ended up attempting to climb the ladder. He got his hands on the brief case only to be caught in the electric chair drop position by Christopher Daniels who turned to a jumping Kaz. The Addiction nailed Jay with the DoomsDay Device and shoved Jay to the floor. The Addiction taunted only to be hit from behind by Sami Callihan where brawling still ended up happening.
The end of the match came as Christopher Daniels then attempted to climb the ladder as Kaz looked on protecting. Unfortunately for The Addiction SwitchBlade Conspiracy had recovered and had other plans. Kaz was pulled from the outside by Dean Ambrose and hit with the Dirty Deeds. Sami Callihan ran in to make the save completely whipping out Daniels as he didn’t see it coming. Dean Ambrose then threw a ladder outside the ring stunning Jay Briscoe who was checking on Mark. This allowed enough time to then have Sami Callihan jump from the top rope spearing Jay on the floor. Dean proceeded to grab the other ladder and climb up for the briefcase. Daniels slowly attempted to climb the ladder but it was too late as Dean had captured the briefcase making SwitchBlade Conspiracy the new NXT Tag Team Champions!

Dolph Ziggler vs Samoa Joe
Both men came into the match wasting no time trying to attack. They went back and forth throwing blows trying to top one another with punches and kicks. It seemed as if Samoa Joe was in control after overpowering Dolph and throwing him to the floor. This caused mass frustration by Dolph and a side of Dolph came out that we haven’t seen. Dolph went on a rampage after reentering the ring (gained control tripping up Joe as he attempted to go outside) including launching Joe to the floor. Dolph followed to the floor and proceeded to throw Joe into the ring post and then nailed the FameAsser on the floor. He rolled Joe into the ring and then went for the pin only getting a two. Dolph ended up locking in the sleeper hold on the ground but had to break it up for a rope brea. Joe attempted a small comeback back but was to no avail after the attack on the outside. Dolph ended up locking in another sleeper hold and then hit the Zig Zag for the victory. After the match the ref attempted to raise the hand of Dolph he threw him away and to the ground. He celebrated over a knockedout Samoa Joe in only ShowOff fashion! This was an absolute dominating performance and looks as if maybe Samoa Joe released the inner powerhouse of Dolph Ziggler.

Matt Taven vs Mike Bennett in a loser is fired match
This match actually never started as once both men entered the ring the lights when out. When they turned on Luke Harper was standing in the ring and it looked as if he attacked both men. Luke grabbed the mic and proceeded to scream I followed the buzzards, I followed the buzzards, and you betrayed me! It looked as Matt Taven was getting to his feet but Luke saw and nailed him with a vicious lariat. He followed that up by picking up Mike Bennett irish whipping him into the corner and then nailing him with a big boot. Luke grabbed the mic again and screamed I will follow the buzzards Bray and I will hurt you. Luke slammed the mic on the ground as the lights went out again but when turning back on Luke was gone with only Matt and Mike left laid out in the ring. The match ended up being ruled a no-contest.

Review of the NXT InterContinental Championship Tournament

Aries goes on a rant on how far he’s come and that tonight he should have been stealing the main event but instead he’s stuck wrestling some big gurilla in the mid card match up. However he told his fans not to worry as he will still steal the show and show why he is the greatest man to ever live. He then shoves the interviewer out of the way and heads to the ring as his music plays. We get a video montage of how we got to our next match up between Austin Aries and Bobby Lashley. When we come back we are then seeing an interview by Bobby Lashley. He says he saw what just happens and heard the things Aries had said. He apologized to the interviewer for AA and said that tonight AA is about to find out how it feels to be truly dominated! Lashley then turns and heads the ring….

Austin Aries vs Bobby Lashley for the NXT InterContinental Championship
Aries opened up the match using his speed and a few dirty tatics to take the control. Lashley ended up overcoming the early start with his power moves including just picking Aries up and body slamming him into the turnbuckle. Lashley attempted to go for the spear only for it to be reversed by Aries and Lashley to go shoulder first into the turnbuckle. Aries immediately capitalized and nailed Lashley with the brainbuster but only for a two count. Aries ended up attemtpin to take the fight to the floor including nailing a brutal back breaker on the apron. Aries rolled Lashley inside and again attempted a pinfall only for 2. Lashley ended up fighting back to his feet and caught Aries with multiple suplexes including a belly to belly superplex from the top rope. He then followed it up with the Dominator taunt and hit it perfectly in the center of the ring for 3.

AJ Styles, Chris Hero, and Neville vs European Powers (Drew McIntyre/Rusev/Wade Barrett)
Rusev and Hero started out the match as we assumed they would from the past few weeks of Rusev screwing over Hero. It didn’t take long for Hero, Neville, and Styles to answer the questions if they could get along as they nailed double team moves on Rusev. Unfortunately for Neville it also didn’t take long for the EUR Powers to show why they have been the most dominate factions in NXT to date. The dominance on Neville even led to McIntyre + Rusev attacking Hero on the outside while the ref was distracted with AJ Styles. The match ended up breaking down from within minutes after AJ Styles hit the omehoStyles Clash. Hero and Neville ended up knocking both Rusev and Barrett off the apron while AJ made the cover but only for two. Styles tagged in Hero and then he plus Neville proceed to jump on the EUR Powers outside the ring. The ref ended up pushing back Styles and Neville to their corners for their actions after another two count pin by Hero on McIntyre. While pushing Styles and Neville back to their corners EUR Powers recovered and ended up triple teaming Hero on the outside until the ref noticed and got to a 5 count. Somehow Wade Barrett ended up getting to become the legal man and followed it up with WasteLand to Hero. All hell broke loose again with the ref losing control as Rusev/McIntyre attempted to keep Styles/Neville from breaking up the pin which they failed. All 6 men ended up battling over the arena until somehow it came to with Styles and Barrett being legal men. Both men ended up hitting their finishers during the chaos but had their pins broken up by their opponents. The chaos continued as I + the ref had trouble following who was in and who was out. Finishers were being hit all over the place whether it was Neville hitting the red arrow on Hero, Rusev locking in the hiting a brutal kick on Neville, or the double arm DDT by McIntyre to Styles. All these finishers though ended up also being broken up by tag partners or not counted by the ref because he actually figured out who was legal. When everything seemed to finally settle down we saw the finish. Hero was hit with what looked like a roaring elbow loaded pad and Styles was pulled off the apron by McIntyre. That gave Rusev enough time to lock in the accolade yet again and force Neville to tap out in the center of the ring. To add my two sense very quick this match was match of the night to this point! Postmatch we have the European Powers celebrating in the ring with a victory when…

Luke Harper Finds the Buzzards
We cut to the back as we are informed Luke has taken a referee hostage. He continues to scream I will follow the buzzards and I will destroy you Bray over and over as the referee pleads to let him go. Luke ends up kicking down a door to find Bray Wyatt sitting in a rocking chair with the lantern in his hand. Bray tells Luke if it wasn’t for him he wouldn’t be able to find the buzzards but tonight he will have love and respect beaten into him by his brother! Luke throws the ref into the middle of Bray and himself demanding a match! Out of fear the ref agrees and we have an impromptu match!
Luke and Bray end up leaving the locker room and brawling in the backstage area/hallway. Luke took it straight to Bray with power move after power move after power move but it only seemed to make Bray thrive. As more pain Luke put into Bray more intense looks Bray seemed to give. Luke nailed Bray with back to back sit down powerbombs but failed to go for the pin. Emotions seemed to get the best of Luke and it was as if he wanted to hurt Bray for leaving him. Luke ended up going for a lariat only to be drop toe hold into a few metal containers. Bray then out of nowhere nailed Sister Abagail onto the hard cement floor and covered Luke for the 3. It honestly was one of the fastest what just happen moments I’ve ever seen. Bray then seemed to whisper something into Harpers ear that the camera couldn’t hear. Bray then screams you still haven’t found the buzzards which causes the lights to turn off and when they turn back on both men are no longer there.

Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins in a Extreme Rules Match
From one extreme to another this match was exactly what I expected it to be. Daniel Bryan wasted no time bringing a trash can into the match up repeatingly hitting Seth over the back as fans screamed for Daniel Bryan! Bryan however let the fans get the best of him as he threw Seth into the ring he started to taunt. Seth ended up recovering and nailing a unaware Bryan with a baseball slide. Seth then went underneath the ring to grab a ladder but again DB had something up his sleeve sneaking a kendo stick attack to the midsection before Seth could use the ladder. The two men ended up battling over to the announce table taking turns hitting each other’s head on the table. Seth ended up gaining control at that point and ended up taking a chair from the time keeper. He then curb stomped DB onto the chair busting him open. Somehow someway DB ended up kicking out of that (Seth did take time to taunt all the fans around ring side and celebrate as if he already won). They continued to battle with Seth in control until Seth looked to add insult to injury and lock in the YES! lock. DB had the awareness to reverse it and proceeded to kick Seth’s head in. DB then wasted no time nailing the running knee and locked in his own yes lock for the victory. I know I said the 6 man tag was the MOTN but this match absolutely stole the show.

Interview participants in the Main Event
We got another video showing how both men got here to the finals and then cut to a interview with Cesaro. Cesaro has Sheamus with him and informs the interviewer that tonight will be the perfect ending to a great night for the Euro Powers. He then states with Sheamus by his side nothing can stop him! CM Punk then interrupts and drops news that tonight it’ll be a solo 1 on 1 match up & that the board/HHH said if anyone were to interfere then Cesaro would be automatically DQ’d and CM Punk would be NXT World champion. CM Punk then wished Cesaro luck and heads to the ring.

Cesaro vs CM Punk for the NXT World Championship
I can’t believe what I saw. In a match that we thought would have had something for everyone whether you were into pure wrestling or a brawling style, turned into a dominant affair and totally one side. This match started off with counter wrestling and quickly escalated as CM Punk tossed Cesaro to the outside. Instead of waiting Punk followed outside and Cesaro capitalized throwing Punk into the guard rail. It looked as if Punk may have hit his head pretty hard and when he finally rentered the ring Cesaro reversed an irish whip into the ropes with the rebound uppercut. He then tossed CM Punk straight up into the air and nailed him with a brutal uppercut for the 3 count to become champion. Yes you read that right in less than 5 minutes CM Punk lost to Cesaro. Cesaro then celebrated in the ring with members of the Euro Powers to close out the show as CM Punk was helped to the back. (PS that literally was the match I couldn’t believe it!)

QUICK RESULTS
Spoiler

Last edited by Jnorth3022; 12-23-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:52 PM   #24
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

AWESOME first PPV.

WWLeague Season 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »