Home

A Fresh Start for the Saints (Career Mode)

This is a discussion on A Fresh Start for the Saints (Career Mode) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #1
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

OVR: 0
A Fresh Start for the Saints (Career Mode)

Southampton Career Mode
After Southampton ended the 2015/16 season in almost disappointment they look to refreshing the club up. They have announced that they will be Manuel Pellegrini to take over the team in place of the departed Ronald Koeman. In a interview he stated: "I'm very happy and honored to be joining a team with such great talent and I cannot wait to grow this team into a title winner. Also i'm joyed to be able to use this team in the tactics I love to play and hold the ball. As of now I'm not sure what formation I will be revolving around but look for it to be a type of 4-4-2 or 4-3-3."

Current Squad
Spoiler

Transfers
Spoiler

Note: I will be posting this weekly and how each game has gone.

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat
Soccer- Real Madrid & Orlando City
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

Re: A Fresh Start for the Saints (Career Mode)

European International Cup
The group is Southampton, SC Braga, Real Betis and Eint. Frankfurt. Group B is the following Werder Bremen, 1899 Hoffenheim, Hamburger SV and Empoli. Southampton would top group A and take on Hamburger SV but during the group stage games Jordy Claise would go down with a Broken Collarbone and be out for around 8 weeks. A bright point so far has been Shane Long with the group leading 7 goals and 3 assist in competitions. In the semi-final game we would go on to win with a 42'minute goal from Jay Rodriguez and a 57' minute goal from Charlie Austin after being subbed in and put us into the final. Southampton would be taking on Hoffenhiem in the final and both teams would put out strong squads. Pellegrini would be playing a 4-4-2 with: Gk- Forster Rb- Cedric CB- Fonte, van Dijk Lb- Bertrand LM- Rodriguez CM- Ward-Prowse, Davis RM- Redmond and up top would be Austin and Long. The Saints would take the early lead when Long would put one in at the 20' minute but only a few minutes later Schar would score from a corner. Then Austin would put one in for Hampton but again in the 84' minute Kramaric would score and send it to PK's where the Saints would lose after Bertrand would miss his penalty losing it 3-4 to Hoffenhiem.

Pellegrini make statement after tournament: "I'm very impressed by how the men have been playing these last weeks and looking forward to a successful campaign. As we prepare for our season opener against Hull we will be focusing on possession style play. I also am here to announce that I will captaining Jose Fonte to lead the team and Steve Davis as Co-Captain to the team."

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat
Old 07-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

Barclays Premier League
Hull City vs Southampton
For the opening day game against Hull this is the team that Pellegrini put out in the 4-4-2 formation. This match will be played against the newly promoted side in Hull.
Starting XI: GK-Forster, RB-Cedric, RCB-van Dijk, LCB-Fonte©, LB-Bertrand, RM-Redmond, RCM-Ward Prowse, LCM-Davis, LM-Tadic, ST’s-Austin-Long
Substitues: Pelle, Rodriguez, Reed, Romeu, Martinna, Gardos, Gazzaniga

Highlights:
12’ minute Charlie Austin is played through but saved by the goalie.
13’ after a shot from Cedric Austin sits for the rebound and puts it into the net. 1-0 Southampton Goal.
24’ after a long throw ball from Steve Davis Austin gets on the end of it and puts it into the net. 2-0 Southampton Goal
Halftime 0-2 Everton
62’ Ward-Prowse interception and shot but goes by wide
62’ Hull City Sub Meyler out for Maloney
70’ free kick giving up by van Dijk and given a yellow
73’ Hernandez with the free kick shot but saved over for a corner
75’ Southampton Sub Ward-Prowse
84’ shot from Hernandez fly’s over the top
87’ Hull City Sub Hernandez for Aluko
87’ Southampton Sub Austin for Rodriguez
Final Whistle 2-0
MOTM: Charlie Austin

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat
Old 07-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

Premier League Game

Southampton vs Everton

For today’s opening home game, we take on Everton and will be facing former goalie Stekelenburg. The squad that will be going out is the following:
Southampton Squad 4-4-2
Starting XI: GK-Forster, RB-Cedric, RCB-van Dijk, LCB-Fonte©, LB-Bertrand, RM-Tadic, RCM-Ward Prowse, LCM-Davis, LM-Rodriguez, ST’s-Austin-Long
Substitues: Pelle, Redmond, Reed, Romeu, Martinna, Yoshida, Gazzaniga

Everton Squad 4-2-3-1
Starting XI: GK: Stekelenburg, RB-Coleman, RCB-Stones, LCB-Jagielka©, LB-Baines, CDM’s-Barry, McCarthy, RM-Deulefeu, LM-Miralles, CAM-Barkely, ST-Lukaku

Highlights
27’ A save from Forster but only to come back to Lukaku. 0-1 Everton Goal
34’ Cross from McCarthy to Lukaku and a goal. 0-2 Everton Goal
41’ Yellow card to Southampton Rodriguez
45’ Yellow Card to Southampton van Dijk
Half Time 0-2 Everton
47’ Header just wide from Shane Long
62’ Everton sub Cleverly for Barry
67’ Goal from Lukaku to complete his hat trick. Everton Goal 0-3
69’ Southampton Subs Redmond for Rodriguez and Pelle for Long
88’ Yellow Card Southampton Tadic
Final 0-3 Everton