Home

World Racing Association: Auto Racing's Third Way

This is a discussion on World Racing Association: Auto Racing's Third Way within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-21-2017, 11:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
World Racing Association: Auto Racing's Third Way

For this thread I will run the World Racing Association using NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. There will be a summary of each season along with the top 20 moments of each season. We will have to use the 2003 NASCAR Season points system as that is hard-coded into the game. Enjoy!

The WRA's debut was important for the history of auto racing as it was at a crossroads moment: NASCAR was losing viewership due to artificial drama and Brian France not listening to fans and drivers. Formula 1 was a snoozefest dominated by Lewis Hamilton, and IndyCar was plagued by stagnation by teams who didn't want to spend money on new aerodynamic packages. People were tired of the status quo, and wanted a new league to cheer for.

That's where the WRA came in. With a new television deal with CBS, the WRA had a fair chance of competing against the faltering NASCAR and F1. It was only a matter of time before the WRA gave the world of auto racing a new lease on life.

TEAMS
CHEVROLET
Josh Drake (R)
Almer Rolfsen
Cody Westgate
Ryan Westgate (R)

FERRARI
Alfredo Di Mercurio
Marco Nesselkamp
Riku Raimainen (R)
Michel Van Hoeffel (R)

JAGUAR
Ian McCabe
Vasiliy Smirkov
Dusan Milosevic

AUDI
Randall Wortmann
Jordie Taylor
Kentrelle Jones

LAMBORGHINI
Esteban Monserrate
Kenyon Samuel

PORSCHE
Joon Sung-Woo
Johan Isaksson

PAGANI
Leon Ybarra
Jules Eisel

DODGE
Pierre Rousseau
Vijay Sharma

FORD
Alex Builden (R)
Fernando Puntas
Erikh Albirosyan

BMW
Josef Nikolaidis
Muhammed Hanemekhi

HONDA
Lin Xiping

NISSAN
Simon Bolat
Shaqir Hassan (R)

TOYOTA
Yoshihiro Uetake

KOENIGSEGG
Giuseppe Pellegrino
Adam Haas

CITROEN
Anderson Williams

MERCEDES
Katie Longwood
Alvaro Silva

SCHEDULE
R1: Qatar GP | Doha International Circuit
R2: African GP | Kyalami Racing Circuit
R3: American GP | Daytona International Speedway
R4: Norwegian GP | Bergen Street Course
R5: French GP | Circuit de la Sarthe
R6: Japanese GP | Suzuka Circuit
R7: Dutch GP | Circuit Park Zandvoort
R8: Jamaican GP | Alligator Pond Beach Course
R9: Chinese GP | Shanghai International Circuit
R10:
Brazilian GP | Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
R11:
Italian GP | Autodromo Nazionale Monza
R12:
Korean GP | Korea International Circuit
R13:
Spanish GP | Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
R14:
Russian GP | Sochi Autodrom
R15:
Mexican GP | Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
R16:
Portuguese GP | Autodromo do Estoril
R17:
Belgian GP | Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
R18:
Canadian GP | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
R19: Swedish GP | Falkenbergs Motorbana
R20: German GP | Nurburgring 24hr Circuit
R21: Australian GP | Mount Panorama Circuit
R22: British GP | Brands Hatch
R23: Malaysian GP | Sepang International Circuit
R24: Danish GP | Copenhagen Dockside Course

TOP 10 MOMENTS OF THE 2016 WRA SEASON

10. Cody Westgate Scores 3 Fuel Mileage Victories
Team Chevrolet's Cody Westgate caught the attention of many with a flair for the dramatic: He managed to go 3 for 4 in fuel mileage situations this year. He won at Norway, Brazil, and South Korea all on fuel mileage.

9. Leon Ybarra fails to start at Japan
During the warm-up laps of the 2016 Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka, Ybarra suffered a camshaft failure, netting him a DNS and scoring essentially 0 points. This was the only such occurrence in the entire season.

8. Esteban Monserrate Wins At Age 56
In his final season of competitive auto racing, Esteban Monserrate scored 2 victories at South Africa and Japan.

7. The Big One At Kyalami
On lap 4 in the final turn, Vijay Sharma went flipping in the grass, tumbled across the bank alongside the racetrack, and stopped on the racing surface, only to be hit by oncoming traffic. The ensuing crash took out 15 drivers and left me wondering whose bright idea was it to have a sloped surface right next to the track that only leads to a bunch of David Reutimann 2011 crashes.

6. The Big One At Daytona (Definitely Never Saw That One Coming...)
The 2016 American Grand Prix was on the verge of ending caution-free until last-lap shenanigans involving Fernando Puntas and Josh Drake played out and it ended up taking out 27 cars.

5. Josh Drake's 1st Career Win
At the Circuit de la Sarthe in France, Josh Drake would score his first career victory after punting Fernando Puntas into the second chicane sand pit on the backstretch.

4. Heartbreak For C. Westgate At Japan
After taking the yellow flag for the final lap, Cody Westgate ran out of fuel under caution coming out of turn 2 along with practically half the field.

3. Almer Rolfsen Wins 4 In A Row
Almer Rolfsen was sitting at a dismal 29th in the standings, always crashing out at the end, but he would not go quietly, scoring 4 victories in a row at Spain, Russia, Mexico, and most controversially, Portugal, where he led all 84 laps and won on a 1-stop strategy. At the end of the streak, he was in 4th place in the standings.

2. Championship Drama
Josh Drake came into the Danish Grand Prix 40 points ahead of Almer Rolfsen in the championship standings. Joon Sung-Woo was also in contention for the title, but was a long shot, trailing by 102 points. After Drake crashed out on lap 21 of the 76 scheduled laps, it was Rolfsen's chance to win the title. On lap 38 the race was red flagged for a lightning storm and there were 4 cars ahead of Rolfsen that ran out of fuel. Rolfsen needed to beat these 4 cars to the pits to potentially win the title. Unfortunately, Rolfsen also ran out of fuel.and ended up finishing 30 points behind Drake in the standings.

1. Drama At Bergen
It looked as if Team Chevrolet was going to score a 1-2-3 finish until the lapped car of Muhammed Hanemekhi spun out and made contact with leader and hometown hero Almer Rolfsen with 6 laps to go. After the ensuing restart, New leader Josh Drake, celebrating his 18th birthday, blew an engine with 3 to go. That left only one Chevy in contention to win and his name was Cody Westgate. He managed to hold off Scottish driver Ian McCabe for the final 3 laps and save enough fuel to win the Norwegian Grand Prix.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

FERRARI UNDERACHIEVES
With the amount of talent at Ferrari's disposal, it was disappointing that the only victory they could muster was at a plate track, and even then it took the aforementioned 27-car crash for them to score the victory.

CHEVROLET OVERACHIEVES
Is it just me or is it that Chevrolet was what Ferrari should of been? 12 victories! That is half the season! Including 9 in a row from Jamaica through Portugal.

WRECKFEST AT QATAR
There were 16 cautions and 2 red flags at Doha. Need I say more?

VIJAY SHARMA SCORES THE UPSET AT MONTREAL
Gambling on a 2-tire pit stop, Vijay Sharma restarted in 1st with 13 laps and never looked back, fending off Almer Rolfsen for the victory.

KATIE LONGWOOD MAKES HISTORY AT BRANDS HATCH
At the British Grand Prix, Katie Longwood made history by becoming the first-ever female to win a stock car race (Thank goodness it wasn't Danica Patrick).

WINNERS

QATAR: Leon Ybarra
SOUTH AFRICA: Esteban Monserrate
UNITED STATES: Michel Van Hoeffel
NORWAY: Cody Westgate
FRANCE: Josh Drake
JAPAN: Esteban Monserrate
NETHERLANDS: Kenyon Samuel
JAMAICA: Almer Rolfsen
CHINA: Josh Drake
BRAZIL: Cody Westgate
ITALY: Josh Drake
SOUTH KOREA: Cody Westgate
SPAIN: Almer Rolfsen
RUSSIA: Almer Rolfsen
MEXICO: Almer Rolfsen
PORTUGAL: Almer Rolfsen
BELGIUM: Kenyon Samuel
CANADA: Vijay Sharma
SWEDEN: Kenyon Samuel
GERMANY: Randall Wortmann
AUSTRALIA: Joon Sung-Woo
UNITED KINGDOM: Katie Longwood
MALAYSIA: Josh Drake
DENMARK: Adam Haas

DRIVERS' CHAMPION: JOSH DRAKE

TEAM CHAMPION: CHEVROLET

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: JOSH DRAKE (CHEVROLET)
Politics: Libertine

Last edited by EpicNightRider; 03-28-2017 at 01:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 12:46 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: World Racing Association: Auto Racing's Third Way

Wow, what a year for the WRA: Jeremy Mayfield's return to auto racing after his downfall in 2009 to score 2 victories, The series of unfortunate events at Spa, the scoring errors at Nurburgring, Brian France's moral crusade against Mayfield, Paygate, and so much more. It was also the debut of the Yenko engine for Team Chevrolet. How did it and other moments fare? Find out!

TEAMS

CHEVROLET
Josh Drake
Almer Rolfsen
Cody Westgate
Ryan Westgate

ASTON MARTIN
Jeremy Mayfield
Mia Bonaventura (R)

FERRARI
Alfredo Di Mercurio
Marco Nesselkamp
Riku Raimainen
Leon Ybarra

JAGUAR
Ian McCabe
Vasiliy Smirkov (8 races)
Dusan Milosevic
Marc Helter (R) (15 races)

AUDI
Randall Wortmann
Jordie Taylor
Kentrelle Jones

LAMBORGHINI
Kenyon Samuel
Christopher Gibson (R)

PORSCHE
Johan Isaksson
Joon Sung-Woo

PAGANI
Michel Van Hoeffel
Jules Eisel

KOENIGSEGG
Adam Haas
Giuseppe Pellegrino

FORD
Alex Builden
Erikh Albirosyan
Fernando Puntas

NISSAN
Shaqir Hassan
Simon Bolat

DODGE
Pierre Rousseau
Vijay Sharma

TOYOTA
Yoshihiro Uetake

HONDA
Ricardo Chavez (R)

MERCEDES
Katie Longwood
Alvaro Silva

BMW
Josef Nikolaidis
Muhammed Hanemekhi

CITROEN
Anderson Williams

SCHEDULE

R1: Canadian GP | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

R2: American GP | Daytona International Speedway
R3: Swedish GP | Falkenbergs Motorbana
R4: Emirati GP | Yas Marina Circuit
R5: Danish GP | Copenhagen Dockside Course
R6: Malaysian GP | Sepang International Circuit
R7: Norwegian GP | Bergen Street Course
R8: Australian GP | Mount Panorama Circuit
R9: Korean GP | Korea International Circuit
R10: Belgian GP | Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
R11: German GP | Nurburgring 24hr Circuit
R12: Chinese GP | Shanghai International Circuit
R13: Portuguese GP | Autodromo do Estoril
R14: French GP | Circuit de la Sarthe
R15: Russian GP | Sochi Autodrom
R16: African GP | Kyalami Racing Circuit
R17: Jamaican GP | Alligator Pond Beach Course
R18: Spanish GP | Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
R19: Dutch GP | Circuit Park Zandvoort
R20: Brazilian GP | Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
R21: British GP | Brands Hatch
R22: Japanese GP | Suzuka Circuit
R23: Mexican GP | Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
R24: Italian GP | Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

TOP 10 MOMENTS OF THE 2017 WRA SEASON

10. BRIAN FRANCE VS. MAYFIELD
Jeremy Mayfield was making an unbelievable comeback into auto racing after hitting rock bottom in 2009. Josh Drake cleaned up Mayfield's act and got him a ride with the new Aston Martin team. This prompted Brian France to run propaganda against Mayfield, accusing him of everything under the sun from worshipping Neo-Nazism to bringing up his past demons in order to hurt his popularity. The NASCAR garage was so pissed off with France that Dale Earnhardt Jr. threatened to boycott the 2017 season if France didn't resign as head of NASCAR. He did, and life became better for NASCAR fans.

9. ANDERSON WILLIAMS SCORES A SHOCKER AT SARTHE
Anderson Williams scored a fuel mileage victory at the Circuit de la Sarthe, holding off Josh Drake and Ian McCabe for the win.

8. (ANOTHER) BIG CRASH AT KYALAMI
Another day, another big crash at Kyalami. 20 cars were involved in this one. Joon Sung-Woo's Porsche went for a wild flip but somehow continued racing.

7. RICARDO CHAVEZ UPSETS AT FALKENBERG
The Bolivian shocked a few people when he managed to score a victory for Honda after Vasiliy Smirkov's road-raging from being bumped into the sand by Adam Haas resulted in Smirkov driving backwards across the track under caution. He missed and instead crashed into 1st-place Jeremy Mayfield with 6 to go. This allowed Chavez to move up to 1st place. Smirkov would be suspended for the next race at the Yas Marina Circuit.

6. SMIRKOV'S VENGEANCE CONTINUES
After the aforementioned failed attempt at revenge, Smirkov would see a second chance at South Korea. Adam Haas again bumped him into the sand pit and again Smirkov drove backwards. This time he succeeded in taking out Haas but also took out Josh Drake, who still managed to finish the race. He also tried to push friend Fernando Puntas into the lead under caution but Puntas refused to cooperate. Smirkov would be suspended for the entire rest of the season and would be replaced by Marc Helter.

5. MAYFIELD WINS TWICE
After being in jail at one point in his life, Jeremy Mayfield went on to score 2 victories at both Sepang and Interlagos. His comeback into professional auto racing was complete.

4. SCORING ERROR AT NURBURGRING
During the final 3 laps of the German Grand Prix, a scoring glitch resulted in the caution being brought out to fix the problem. Then the scoring fired a shot heard round the world: Ryan Westgate, who was previously about to be 1 lap down, was declared the leader. Then later on in the lap, the pace car picked up Alfredo Di Mercurio. Simon Bolat's spin during the caution period meant that the race would end under caution, and as a result, Di Mercurio and Drake banged on each for the remaining lap under caution. This would cause both cars to spin out on the final lap and 3rd-place Dusan Milosevic was able to score an upset victory, Then Drake was ruled a lap down.

3. CHAOS AT SPA
With 3 laps to go, Josh Drake blew an engine, allowing Alfredo Di Mercurio to take the lead. With 4 turns to go, however, Di Mercurio ran out of fuel and Pierre Rousseau passed him for the upset.

2. PAYGATE
It was the Japanese Grand Prix, Drake had a comfortable points lead after coming back from being 287 points behind, and Ryan Westgate was pissed that he didn't get his promised bonus money, So what did he do about it? He wrecked his own teammate, Drake, on lap 24 in an attempt to sabotage his team's chances of winning the constructors' championship. Wow. What a douche.

1. DRAKE SCORES A TREBLE
Josh Drake surprised a few people when he announced that he would do NASCAR Cup and WRA at the same time and also participate in the Indianapolis 500. Well, he managed to win the Indianapolis 500 despite having no prior experience in an open-wheel car and he also won the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup and WRA Championships all in the same year, and this man isn't even in his 20's yet.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

BONAVENTURA WITH A PODIUM
Mia Bonaventura took the world by surprise when she earned a 2nd-place standings finish and 3 victories in her rookie season.

DRAKE STALLS AT BATHURST
Drake started on the pole at Bathurst but had an Andy Houston moment coming out of the final turn for the start of the race as he stalled the car. He would manage to battle back to a 10th place finish.

RACE WINNERS
Canada: Almer Rolfsen
United States: Adam Haas
Sweden: Ricardo Chavez
UAE: Almer Rolfsen
Denmark: Ian McCabe
Malaysia: Jeremy Mayfield
Norway: Alfredo Di Mercurio
Australia: Mia Bonaventura
South Korea: Joon Sung-Woo
Belgium: Pierre Rousseau
Germany: Dusan Milosevic
China: Mia Bonaventura
Portugal: Josh Drake
France: Anderson Williams
Russia: Josh Drake
South Africa: Adam Haas
Jamaica: Marco Nesselkamp
Spain: Almer Rolfsen
Netherlands: Josh Drake
Brazil: Jeremy Mayfield
United Kingdom: Josh Drake
Japan: Mia Bonaventura
Mexico: Josh Drake
Italy: Josh Drake

DRIVERS' CHAMPION: JOSH DRAKE

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: MIA BONAVENTURA (ASTON MARTIN)

Last edited by EpicNightRider; 03-28-2017 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Hey guys. I'm going on hiatus for the rest of this April to give myself time to recover from the stupidity of YouTube's new guidelines and play NASCAR 07 on the PS2 Emulator.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
Rookie

No more of this dynasty since Firefox decided to be an ******* and crash, erasing all of my text for the 15000th time. This is where an auto save would come in handy.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:16 PM   #5
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

I will forever love Jeremy Mayfield for asking a woman if she was wearing Octane 93.

PSN - bostonsportsrule

Currently playing

MLB 20
Madden 21
American Truck Simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
-------------------
Would buy without thinking twice

-New college football game
-New college baseball game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
Rookie

I guess I should of been more specific. It'll take a while before I work out a new format for the WRA dynasty. I already have the 2018 season completed, and it is pretty interesting to say the least.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #7
Rookie

TEAMS

CHEVROLET
Josh Drake
Almer Rolfsen
Cody Westgate
Shaqir Hassan

ASTON MARTIN
Jeremy Mayfield
Mia Bonaventura

McLAREN
Travis Pastrana
Kentrelle Jones

SALEEN
Vasiliy Smirkov

FERRARI
Alfredo Di Mercurio
Marco Nesselkamp
Leon Ybarra

JAGUAR
Ian McCabe
Dusan Milosevic

AUDI
Randall Wortmann
Jordie Taylor

LAMBORGHINI
Kenyon Samuel
Christopher Gibson
Marc Helter

PORSCHE
Johan Isaksson
Joon Sung-Woo
Martin Michu (R)
Riku Raimainen

PAGANI
Michel Van Hoeffel

KOENIGSEGG
Adam Haas
Giuseppe Pellegrino

FORD
Alex Builden
Erikh Albirosyan
Fernando Puntas

NISSAN

Patrick Devaille (R)
Simon Bolat

DODGE
Pierre Rousseau
Vijay Sharma
Ryan Westgate

TOYOTA
Nelson Piquet Jr.

HONDA
Jules Eisel

MERCEDES
Katie Longwood
Alvaro Silva

BMW
Ricardo Chavez

CITROEN
Anderson Williams

SCHEDULE

R1: New Zealand GP | Pukekohe Park Raceway
R2: Jamaican GP | Alligator Pond Beach Course
R3: British GP | Brands Hatch
R4: Italian GP | Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
R5: French GP | Circuit de la Sarthe
R6: Dutch GP | Circuit Park Zandvoort
R7: Japanese GP | Twin Ring Motegi
R8: African GP | Kyalami Racing Circuit
R9: German GP | Nurburgring 24hr Circuit
R10: Portuguese GP | Autodromo do Estoril
R11: Belgian GP | Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
R12: Chinese GP | Shanghai International Circuit
R13: Mexican GP | Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
R14: Russian GP | Sochi Autodrom
R15: Danish GP | Copenhagen Dockside Course
R16: Brazilian GP | Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
R17: Spanish GP | Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
R18: Norwegian GP | Bergen Street Course
R19: Canadian GP | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
R20: Australian GP | Mount Panorama Circuit
R21: Korean GP | Korea International Circuit
R22: Malaysian GP | Sepang International Circuit
R23: Swedish GP | Falkenbergs Motorbana
R24: Emirati GP | Yas Marina Circuit
R25: American GP | Daytona International Speedway

OVERVIEW OF THE 2018 WRA SEASON

It was an interesting season for sure. Not only did Josh Drake have his house firebombed for his Atheist, anti-SJW political views by ANTIFA, he also lost all of his sponsorship after being labelled as a Nazi by the same group. With this turn of events, America was inching closer and closer into civil war.
Nelson Piquet Jr. and Travis Pastrana were announced as new drivers for 2018, which brought a ton of popularity to the sport. Also appearing for the first time in the WRA were rookies Martin Michu and Patrick Devaille, looking to make their marks on the racing world.
It was rumored that BMW would leave the WRA if they didn't do well this year, so it was on Riccardo Chavez to lead BMW to great heights.
The season itself was a rather historical one, as Josh Drake won every single race of the season. We're not kidding, every single race of the season. So much for being unsponsored. He also won 21 poles and led around 61% of every lap in season, including every single lap of the race twice. Needless to say, Drake scored his 3rd consecutive WRA Drivers' Championship. 2nd-place Almer Rolfsen finished 1357 points behind. Chevrolet took home the Team Title for the 3rd straight year as well. There were memorable moments as well, such as Jeremy Mayfield crashing into the pace car at Daytona, Ryan Westgate being spun out on the final lap of the same race by Drake for the lead, going airborne and destroying the ambulance, Anderson Williams and Josh Drake crashing on the final lap of the African Grand Prix and Drake literally barrel-rolling across the finish line first, and all but 7 cars running out of gas on the final lap of the Italian Grand Prix.
During the post-season, America was officially the battleground of a civil war between the SJW Sarkeesianites and the Atheist Anti-SJW's. That meant that for the time being, the WRA would no longer visit the US. It would be replaced by the Red Bull Ring in Austria.

There was more positive news, however, that Formula 1's Max Verstappen was coming to WRA after a debacle that exposed F1's Bernie Ecclestone trying to conspire against the 20-year-old Dutchman. Ecclestone didn't like Verstappen's uber-aggressive driving style, and so he rigged his equipment to fail 12 times during the 22-race Formula 1 season. This resulted in Chevrolet-Chaparral's Casey Mears winning the title in quite possibly the biggest upset in sports history (Just as a side note, Tim Dwyer, who owns the Chevrolet WRA team, is also the owner of the Chevrolet-Chaparral F1 team.)

(NO NEED TO TYPE THE RACE WINNERS IN SINCE DRAKE WON EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM)

DRIVERS' CHAMPION: JOSH DRAKE (CHEVROLET)

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: MARTIN MICHU (PORSCHE)

Old 05-13-2017, 01:40 AM   #8
Rookie

(Some things I forgot to mention on last year: Josh Drake participated in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and guided his LMGTE Pro Corvette to an overall victory all by himself, no driver swaps made throughout the race.)

TEAMS

CHEVROLET
Josh Drake
Almer Rolfsen
Cody Westgate
Shaqir Hassan

ASTON MARTIN
Jeremy Mayfield
Mia Bonaventura

McLAREN
Travis Pastrana
Kentrelle Jones

SALEEN
Vasiliy Smirkov

FERRARI
Joon Sung-Woo
Marco Nesselkamp
Leon Ybarra

JAGUAR
Ian McCabe
Dusan Milosevic

GUMPERT
Peter A'lola (R)

AUDI
Randall Wortmann
Jordie Taylor

LAMBORGHINI
Kenyon Samuel
Justin Marks
Marc Helter

PORSCHE
Johan Isaksson
Germain Chereau (R)
Martin Michu
Riku Raimainen

PAGANI
Michel Van Hoeffel

KOENIGSEGG
Adam Haas
Giuseppe Pellegrino

FORD
Alex Builden
Erikh Albirosyan
Fernando Puntas

NISSAN

Patrick Devaille
Simon Bolat

CADILLAC
Max Verstappen (R)

DODGE
Pierre Rousseau
Vijay Sharma
Ryan Westgate

TOYOTA
Nelson Piquet Jr.

HONDA
Jules Eisel

MERCEDES
Katie Longwood
Alvaro Silva

BMW
Ricardo Chavez

CITROEN
Anderson Williams

SCHEDULE

Nelson Mandela 300 | Kyalami Racing Circuit
Etihad Airways 300 | Yas Marina Circuit
Holden Commodore 300 | Mount Panorama Circuit
ING 350 | Circuit Park Zandvoort
SAPO 400 | Autodromo do Estoril
Cermaq 350 | Bergen Street Course
Domino's 400 | Brands Hatch
ToyotaCare 250 | Twin Ring Motegi
Mydin 300 | Sepang International Circuit
Magnit 300 | Sochi Autodrom
Red Bull 300 | Red Bull Ring
JBS 300 | Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
Mercedes-AMG 400 | Nurburgring 24hr Circuit
Curaxys 250 | Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Samsung 350 | Korea International Circuit
Telcel 250 | Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
Maersk 300 | Copenhagen Dockside Course
Bank of Montreal 300 | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
IKEA 250 | Falkenbergs Motorbana
Michelin 400 | Circuit de la Sarthe
Busch 400 | Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Agip 450 | Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
Sandals Resorts 250 | Alligator Pond Beach Course
Vodafone 350 | Pukekohe Park Raceway

State Bank 300 | Shanghai International Circuit

OVERVIEW
2019 was quite a depressing year to be an auto racing fan as NASCAR (a separate series I was also running) drivers Daniel Hemric, Alex Tagliani, and Jeff Green died on the racetrack from driver-side impacts. Daniel Hemric died from 4 driver-side impacts at Las Vegas. Alex Tagliani died from a driver-side impact from Clint Bowyer at Richmond. Jeff Green died in his final-ever season of racing after a driver-side impact sent him flying through the catchfence and into the grandstand in the Monster Energy race at Kentucky, causing the stands to collapse and killing 133 spectators. This came a week after Green won the Xfinity night race at Daytona.
So now that we've got all of that out of the way, 2019 saw quite a bit of changes for the WRA, including the rather incredible news that retired NASCAR driver Kyle Petty would become the new owner of the Dodge team, replacing its controversial Middle Eastern owner who endorsed and funded terrorism. But his newfound job would quickly turn into a nightmare as he constantly butted heads with Ryan Westgate. The scene at the Dodge garage quickly degenerated into an episode of American Chopper, as Petty and Westgate would argue with each other over seemingly everything, even an ice cream bar that was lost inside the car. Car owner Rick Hendrick would also make an appearance in the WRA, fielding a Cadillac for rookie Max Verstappen. Other rookies on the circuit included Fijian driver Peter A'lola and Frenchman Germain Chereau.
Memorable moments were aplenty in 2019, as Josh Drake won 7 races, Peter A'lola scored an upset win in the season finale at China, Jordie Taylor held off Kentrelle Jones for an intense victory at Zandvoort, Justin Marks earning a surprise victory at Pukekohe Park, and Ryan Westgate controversially blocking Josh Drake on the last lap of the race at Kyalami, costing Drake any chance of dueling for the lead. Drake would finish 3rd in that race.
The block would also prove to be the difference in the championship, as 4 straight DNFs (3 caused by Ryan Westgate hunting on him) made the championship race at Shanghai a nail-biter. Drake's 386 point lead over Travis Pastrana had dwindled to just 4 points. The points battle almost ended horribly for Pastrana as he ran out of fuel with 2 to go, but managed to coast into the pits for a splash and go. His 33 second advantage over Drake had all but evaporated. As soon as he came out of pit road, the two made contact and slammed into the wall, but continued. As the two made it into the penultimate turn, Drake ran out of gas and Pastrana eased his way towards his first WRA Championship.
As for the Dodge team, Ryan Westgate refusing to attend the Victory Junction Gang Camp was the last straw, as he would be released from his contract the next day.
There would be big news for WRA fans in 2020 as Kyle Larson would sign up for the Cadillac team while simultaneously competing in NASCAR.

RESULTS
Nelson Mandela 300: Travis Pastrana
Etihad Airways 300: Almer Rolfsen
Holden Commodore 300: Marco Nesselkamp
ING 350: Jordie Taylor
SAPO 400: Almer Rolfsen
Cermaq 350: Max Verstappen (R)
Domino's 400: Almer Rolfsen
ToyotaCare 250: Travis Pastrana
Mydin 300: Josh Drake
Magnit 300: Josh Drake
Red Bull 300: Josh Drake
JBS 300: Josh Drake
Mercedes-AMG 400: Max Verstappen (R)
Curaxys 250: Josh Drake
Samsung 350: Josh Drake
Telcel 250: Dusan Milosevic
Maersk 300: Ryan Westgate
Bank of Montreal 300: Josh Drake
IKEA 250: Mia Bonaventura
Michelin 400: Leon Ybarra
Busch 400: Max Verstappen (R)
Agip 450: Travis Pastrana
Sandals Resorts 250: Almer Rolfsen
Vodafone 350: Justin Marks
State Bank 300: Peter A'lola (R)

DRIVERS' CHAMPION: TRAVIS PASTRANA (McLAREN)

TEAM CHAMPION: CADILLAC

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: MAX VERSTAPPEN (CADILLAC)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »