Home

WWE 2K19 Universe Mode - Fantasy Booking 101

This is a discussion on WWE 2K19 Universe Mode - Fantasy Booking 101 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

OVR: 0
WWE 2K19 Universe Mode - Fantasy Booking 101

User: Levistick
View: YouTube, Twitch

A Universe Mode loosely based on real life WWE (real life champions, real life rosters), mixed with creative license and fantasy (legends, factions, etc.) and minor retcons to make a "fantasy booking" style show. Played with a mix of pre-determined booking and outcomes, and in game generated matches, feuds, and results, this Universe Mode will be built mostly off of pre-planned booking, but will also contain random and unplanned occurrences that can alter the direction of the show. Will post write-ups, and possibly video and picture companions to go along with it.

Rosters
*Updated April 18, 2019
*Title History in spoiler tags
*Spoiler alert: Current champions are not hidden

General Manager: Vince McMahon

WWE Universal Champion: Roman Reigns
Spoiler

WWE Intercontinental Champion: Seth Rollins
Spoiler

WWE Raw Women's Champion: Ronda Rousey

WWE Raw Tag Team Champions: Wyatt Family
Spoiler

Million Dollar Champion: Kevin Owens
Spoiler

Money In The Bank: Vacant
Spoiler

General Manager: Shane McMahon

WWE Champion: Samoa Joe
Spoiler

WWE United States Champion: Chris Jericho
Spoiler

WWE Smackdown Women's Champion: Becky Lynch

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions: New Day
Spoiler

WWE Hardcore Championship: Akam
Spoiler

Smackdown Money In The Bank: Jeff Hardy

General Manager: #1 Assassin

NXT Champion: Bobby Lashley
Spoiler

NXT North American Champion: Adam Cole
Spoiler

NXT Tag Team Champions: Street Prophets
Spoiler

NXT Women's Champion: Kairi Sane

WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Richochet
Spoiler

NXT Internet Champion: Zack Ryder
Spoiler

----------

Next PPV: Hell In A Cell
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.

Last edited by Levistick; 04-21-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Re: WWE 2K19 Universe Mode - Fantasy Booking 101

Kurt Angle lets out a suggestive tweet just days before the new season of Raw kicks off! What could this possible announcement be? Constable Corbin will surely be ready for Kurt!

Old 10-03-2018, 10:56 PM   #3
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Looking forward to seeing how this goes man!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 10-05-2018, 01:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Old 10-07-2018, 03:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Nashville, TN

Monday Night Raw comes LIVE from Music City, Nashville, TN! The card is just about set for Sunday's WWE Backlash PPV, as Triple H will face Undertaker in the #lasttimeever (?), AJ Styles defends his WWE Championship against Samoa Joe in an I Quit Match, and The Miz faces off for one more decisive showdown.

*The night started off with Kurt Angle returning to Raw after months of absence. He had a direct challenge for Baron Corbin: A match at Backlash, to reclaim his position as Raw General Manager! Baron Corbin came out to meet Kurt Angle and accepted the challenge - under one condition. Kurt Angle would have to defeat Dolph Ziggler, tonight!

#Million Dollar Challenge

With the recent release of WWE2K19, 2K has been advertising the game's Million Dollar Challenge. WWE Legend Ted DiBiase has been on social media explaining that he has a Million Dollar Challenge of his own! He revealed that tonight, as he made his way to the ring and announced that he was putting his Million Dollar Championship on the line against any superstar or legend who wanted to challenge him! The call was quickly answered by none other than fellow WWE Legend The Godfather! Godfather made his way down to the ring with his hoes, but shortly after the match began, a mysterious figure came down and attacked The Godfather, costing him the match. DiBiase walked away still in possession of his Million Dollar Championship, but it is unknown who attacked Godfather.

*Finn Balor def. John Cena
Finn Balor came onto the stage to state his intentions of reclaiming the WWE Universal Championship that he never lost. After vacating his championship due to injury, Finn Balor never received his return match. He announced his intentions to get back into contention for the Universal Championship, and to earn his way back would take on anyone in the locker room. His challenge was answered by John Cena, but to everyone's surprise, it came in a shocking turn of events that saw John Cena attacking Balor on the stage from behind! The superstars brawled on the stage for some time before making their way to the ring. The contest was a back and forth affair, but despite the ambush, Balor was able to emerge victorious.

*Braun Strowman def. Seth Rollins

Sting would make his Raw return, costing Seth Rollins a match against Mr. Monster In The Bank, Braun Strowman. Sting announced that after years on the sidelines, he's finally been cleared for in ring action, and that he's back for vengeance against the man who has cost him precious time from what is left of his career. "I respect Seth and everything he has accomplished in his career, but it is time that we finish what we started. So much time has been taken away, and so many career accomplishments that I've missed out on. But now I'm back, and I have a new goal I've set my sights on."

*Kurt Angle def. Dolph Ziggler

With fellow tag team champion Drew McIntyre at ring side, Dolph Ziggler seemed to have the upper hand on Kurt Angle through most of the match. Kurt Angle's ring rust from being away for so long certainly showed. Kurt's resiliency was even stronger, as he endured 6 Famousers, kicking out each time much to the frustration of Dolph Ziggler. Bloodied and broken, Kurt Angle was finally able to come away with the victory. In response, Dolph Ziggler would offer to shake Angle's hand, but instead kicked him in the groin. With the victory, Angle will go on to face Baron Corbin at Backlash with the Raw General Manager position at stake. But despite the loss, Ziggler was clearly out there to do Corbin's work for him.

*Sting def. Dean Ambrose

Dean Ambrose would answer the call for his SHIELD mate, and Ambrose and Sting would put on an absolute masterpiece! Back and forth action between the 2 superstars as Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns watched on from ringside. Back and forth offense saw the action spill outside the ring, but despite a valiant effort from both men, at the end, only one could win. That man was Sting.

*Ronda Rousey def. Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Lita, Trish Stratus, and Beth Phoenix in a 6 woman match

With the Women's Revolution in full swing, many Legends made their way back to the ring. WWE Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey would emerge victorious in the battle.

*DX v. Brothers Of Destruction - No Contest

As Triple H and Undertaker prepare to meet up for #lasttimeever (?), their respective teams formed up in the main event. D-Generation X was scheduled to face off against the Brothers Of Destruction. Undertaker and Kane weren't worried about the results of the match, they just wanted to inflict damage! The Deadman and The Demon attacked DX as they made their way to the ring. The teams brawled all the way down the ramp to ringside. The referee would throw the match out when Triple H began attacking Kane at ringside with a sledge hammer. Tensions are riding high among these men as they prepare for their match at Backlash!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 06:14 AM   #6
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Shane McMahon arrived to the sold out crowd to make a few announcements! He started off his announcements by saying that Paige is stepping down as Smackdown Live general manager, and returning to in ring action! She will be competing next week! So with Paige stepping down, Shane is stepping back in as the sole general manager of Smackdown Live! He continued to say that tonight will be a big night for Smackdown Live, as 205 Live is now merging with Smackdown! The Cruiserweight Division is back as a part of a full fledged brand, and those talents will be on display tonight as the Cruiserweight Championship will be up for grabs in a Fatal 4 Way Ladder Match! But that isn't the only title on the line tonight, as Shinsuke Nakamura will also defend his United States Championship against Rey Mysterio who is making his return to WWE!

*WWE United States Championship
Rey Mysterio def. Shinsuke Nakamura (C)

The Master of the 619 returned to Smackdown with a bang, defeating Shinsuke Nakamura in his first match back and winning the WWE United States Championship! Rey dazzled the crowd with a smooth 619 and top rope frog splash to finish off the champion!

The Miz came out to the ring and called out Shane McMahon.

"I've been busting my *** off here night in and night out, and what have I gotten to show for it? Meanwhile, some old and decrepit part timer comes back and instantly gets a title shot, and wins? So are we just catering to the stars that just come and go as they please?"

Shane McMahon addressed Miz and told him "I hear your concerns. And in fact I think I have the perfect spot for you tonight. Tonight, you can take out your frustrations, as you will be going 1 on 1 with..... EDGE!"

*Randy Orton def. Broken Matt Hardy

Matt Hardy dominated most of this matchup, but Randy Orton finally hit an RKO out of nowhere to finish off the Broken One. After the match, Randy Orton continued his attack on Matt Hardy, and was eventually joined by Batista, who ran through the crowd to join Orton!

*Backstage Brawl
AJ Styles def. Samoa Joe

As the two men get ready to meet in an I Quit Match for the WWE Championship, their emotions boiled over after crossing backstage. The brawl spilled into a locker room, where AJ finished the fight with a Styles Clash through a table.

*WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Fatal 4 Way Ladder Match
TJP def. Cedric Alexander (C), Mustafa Ali, and Noam Dar

*The Miz def. Edge

The Miz didn't wait for this match to get started, attacking Edge in the ring as he stood on the turnbuckle during his entrance. The match was officially underway, and with The Miz getting such a drop on Edge, it ended up proving too much for the Rated R Superstar to overcome. Though it wasn't completely on the up and up, as the Titantron replay showed that Miz had used the ropes for leverage during the pin. This enraged Miz further, who continued his assault on Edge, finally leaving him broken in the ring, after stomping a steel chair on Edge's throat.

*Before Smackdown went off the air, AJ Styles came out to declare his intentions one last time to destroy Samoa Joe at Backlash once and for all. But much to the surprise of AJ and everyone in attendance, Samoa Joe walked out to the ring to confront AJ. While AJ seemed to have gotten the upperhand tonight, Joe proved to the entire WWE Universe that he cannot be kept down.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:54 AM   #7
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Great set of shows man! I like your recap style of write up for this. Some great returns so far I can't wait to see what happens next!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 10-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #8
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Great set of shows.

I love the pictures. My only suggestion and it is one that those of have been doing for awhile now is to put the result in a spoiler tag after the match write up. I would write the match-up, then write what happened and then put the picture and result in a spoiler. It makes it more intriguing as to what might happen.

Having the result typed up before the match write up makes it less interesting to actually read the write up.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »