Home

All Elite Wrestling (AEW) - WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on All Elite Wrestling (AEW) - WWE 2K19 Universe Mode within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2019, 11:17 PM   #33
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: All Elite Wrestling (AEW) - WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

AEW Heatwave Go Home Show Preview, New World Title to be unveiled at Heatwave, Tag Contenders Tournament Announced
by Paul Marshall

It's the go home show for the Heatwave IPPV, and the last chance to make an impression

Advertised is Okada vs. Rey Fenix, and Pentagon going one on one with Austin Aries in a tables match, though it isn't clear which of those matches will main event.

We'll also see Kenny Omega take on Kongo Kong after the events of last week. Also, after Davey Richards defeated Chris Sabin last week, we'll see Eddie Edwards take on Zack Sabre Jr. in preparation for the tag title showdown at Heatwave.

Will Ospreay will be in action against one of AEW's newest signings TJ Perkins. Ospreay will be challenging PJ Black at Heatwave for the Junior Elite Championship.

Cody has something planned for The Bullet Club at Heatwave, and he'll be revealing it to The Young Bucks as promised.

AEW will be unveiling a new World Championship at Heatwave. The current title design is believed to have been a placeholder after AEW was forced to rebrand from WEW and make new belts.

AEW has announced a tag contenders tournament that will start after Heatwave. It will feature 8 teams with the winner going on to challenge the tag champions. The belief is that this tournament is being put in place to continue to elevate the tag team championships as top titles on par with the world title.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:29 PM   #34
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Next show should be good.

Excited about the tag tournament. Hopefully some new teams show up.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 03-05-2019, 11:02 PM   #35
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

July Week 1

It's the go home show for the Heawave IPPV. The show kicks off with the entrance of Austin Aries, who will be challenging for the world championship against Okada and champion Pentagon Jr.

Aries: You know it's one thing that my world championship match against Pentagon Jr is a triple threat when I deserve a 1 on 1 opportunity. It's another thing that I'm supposed to get in the ring tonight and face Pentagon Jr. in a table match! That ladies and gentlemen is a sign of incompetence and bias in management. But it makes sense to me, because no one wants to see Austin Aries as world champion

The crowd cheers in agreement

Aries: Exactly! No one wants to see it and that's why it's gonna be all the more satisfying when I hold that championship high over my head at Heatwave.

Pentagon Jr's music hits and the world champion comes to the ring carrying a table. Pentagon sets up the table ringside and enters the ring.

Aries: Let me guess, you want this table match to happen? Are you that stupid? You want to kill each other just days before a world championship triple threat?

Pentagon motions to start the match.

Aries: Let me offer you a deal Pentagon. You and I both just walk off right now, and we keep ourselves 100% for Heatwave.

Pentagon looks around at the crowd. The crowd starts chanting "No! No! No!"

Pentagon flashes "Zero Miedo" at Aries and throws a haymaker. There's his answer!

---

Match #1 - Tables Match - Austin Aries vs. Pentagon Jr.

Star rating: ☆☆☆

A brutal stiff and hard-hitting no dq match. Much of the match is Pentagon dealing damage to Aries with Aries crawling and scurrying away. It appears Pentagon has the match in the bag, that is until Aries reaches into his bag of tricks.

After the low blow Aries is in control. He sets up a double stack of tables.

Aries takes the now incapacitated Pentagon and places him on the top rope. He hits a massive superplex through the double stack of tables!

Aries wins by KO

Aries has a massive smirk on his face as he recovers from the big fall. Aries hand is raised as he stands over Pentagons body and the mess of broken wood. That's Pentagons first ever loss in AEW and it comes at the hands of Austin Aries!

---

Match #2 - Kenny Omega vs. Kongo Kong

Star rating: ☆☆3/4

A short match that sees Omega trying to get the big man off his feet with a variety of strikes. Kong catch Omega with some big slams, chops and head-butts. Omega makes a comeback and clotheslines Kong over the top rope and both men spill to the outside. Kong crushes Omega against the barricade and doesn't stop beating him down as the ref reaches a count of 10.

NO CONTEST

Kong throws Omega back in the ring and brings in a steel chair. Just as Kong is about to crack him in the head with it, Walter runs down and grabs the chair. He cracks Kong in the side with the chair and sends him packing.

Walter picks up Omegas IC Championship and walks it over to him. He hands the title to Omega and gives him a patronizing pat on the neck. Walter walks off with a smile on his face. Omega vs. Walter is this Saturday at Heatwave.

---

Match #3 - TJ Perkins vs. Will Ospreay

Star rating: ☆☆☆1/2

A good fast paces Juniors match. It starts with chair wrestling which turns to rope running and then to striking and dives. In the end Ospreay is able to keep his momentum going by hitting Perkins with The Storm Breaker and winning it.

Ospreay wins by pinfall

After the match Ospreay and Perkins show each other respect for a great performance. Ospreay grabs a mic. He begins cutting a promo while catching his breath.

Ospreay: PJ Black... I hope you saw that. That's what you call respect and sportsmanship, two things you know nothing about. That's why at Heatwave I'm doing everyone a favor and bringing honor back to the Junior Elite Division, and I'm gonna do it by taking that title off of you!

---

Match #4 - The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Young Bucks

Star rating: ☆☆☆3/4

This is a great tag matchup between two teams that have wrestled countless times, including over the AEW tag team championships not too long ago. One interesting thing to note here is that after The Briscoe Brothers heel turn, they're working the heel role and The Bucks seem to be working more as faces.

After a long back and forth contest The Briscoe Brothers hit The Doomsday Device on Nick Jackson and pins him 1-2-3.

The Briscoe Brothers win by pinfall

After the match Crime Time comes down to give a "congratulatory" clap. Crime Time and The Briscoe Brothers will settle their differences at Heatwave. The show goes to commercial.

---

After the commercial The Young Bucks are still in the ring after suffering yet another loss, when the Bullet Club music hits and Cody comes down to the ring with Next Gen Unrivaled

The boys enter the ring, and Cody grabs a mic.

Cody: This Saturday is the Heatwave PPV and Bullet Club will be in action. I was talking with management and we're gonna get a chance to finally get Brian Cage off of our backs. He gets to pick two partner, I get to pick two partners, and we're gonna go at it in a 6-man tag. Very simply my announcement is that The Bullet Club needs a win as a collective unit - which is why I'm choosing the hottest tag team in professional wrestling to be by my side - David Finlay and Cody Hall - NEXT GEN UNRIVALED!

Cody celebrates and embraces Hall and Finlay as if he just announced the birth of his child. The Bucks have an irritated look on their faces as the segment ends.

---

Match #5 - Eddie Edwards w/ Davey Richards vs. Zack Sabre Jr. w/ Chris Sabin

Star rating: ☆☆☆3/4

The match begins with some really good chain wrestling. It's a solid grappling based matchup. Sabre focuses in on the arm of Edwards while Edwards focuses on the leg and ankle of Sabre - possible setting up a heel hook.

In the end it's a distraction when Chris Sabin circles the ring and takes out Richards with a superkick. This allows Sabre to surprise Edwards with an armbar. Edwards has to tap out.

Sabre Jr. wins by submission

A brawl breaks out on the outside between Sabin and Richards.

Meanwhile Sabre Jr. continues the beatdown to Edwards in the ring,

The tag champions leave the challengers layed out as they walk out with the belts over their shoulders.

---

Match #6 - Fenix vs. Kazuchika Okada

Star rating: ☆☆☆☆

These two men absolutely tear the house down in one of the best main events
in AEW history. It's hard hitting and brutal and full of high risk offense. It's also about as even as a match can get.

Fenix puts his body on the line to beat Okada, but in the end Okada surprises Fenix with a rollup pin and wins it.

Okada wins by pinfall

Fenix is disappointed he couldn't put away Okada before Okada challenges for Pentagons world title at Heatwave. Okada picks up a win to get him back on track on the same night that Pentagon suffered his first ever loss to Austin Aries - will we see a new champion at Heatwave?

Last edited by SmooveMove; 03-30-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2019, 11:41 PM   #36
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Great show. Bucks lose...again and Cody choosing Next Gen.

Rest of the show was great

WWLeague Season 3
Old 03-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #37
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

Tag Contenders Tournament Officially Announced, will air Live on Facebook. Preview for Heatwave IPPV
by Paul Marshall

AEW.com has announced that the 8 team tag contenders tournament will broadcast live on Facebook every Friday. It will be a brief broadcast featuring two matches per show. The tournament will run for three weeks and the finals will take place on the AEW weekly show.

As far as the participants go, confirmed teams include The Golden Brothers, The Lucha Brothers, the winner of Crime Time vs. The Briscoe Brothers, at Heatwave, and the loser of the tag title match at Heatwave. It’s believed that at least two new teams will be brought in for the tourney, with the rest coming from the already active AEW roster.

AEW has released an official preview for Heatwave, live on IPPV
Quote:
Change in attitude
After suffering a loss to Crime Time a couple weeks ago, The Briscoe Brothers snapped and attacked Shad and JTG after the match. Since then this rivalry has for tag team supremacy has been brewing. They meet at Heatwave in a match where the winning team will qualify for the Tag Contenders Tournament.

Unlikely duo
PAC has had issues with Cass and Drake for almost two months now. At first he seemed capable of fighting them both off on his own, but after the numbers became too much for him to handle Jay Lethal stepped up to lend a helping hand. The team was in a tag action against Cass & Drake a couple of weeks ago where Lethal inadvertently knocked PAC off the apron, costing them the match. Lethal has requested another shot at Cass & Drake. Will Pac and Lethal be able to work together and defeat the established tag team?

Dysfunction in the club
Things have been awkward for The Bullet Club to say the least. After a near 2-month long losing streak, Cody enlisted the help of Cody Hall and David Finlay - aka Next Gen Unrivaled, with the hopes that they would breath new life into the once feared Bullet Club. When NGU debuted against the team of Brian Cage and Johnny Elite, Hall brought out the brass knuckles and used them against Cage to finally secure a win. Now Cody has chosen them over The Young Bucks in a 6-man tag match, but just how effective are Hall and Finlay without cheating?

Junior Elite Title
Speaking of cheating, we know that Junior Elite Champion PJ Black is not afraid to bend the rules to keep his title. After being pinned twice by Will Ospreay, it only makes sense that Ospreay would be next in line for a shot at the championship. Ospreay will have to be ready for whatever tricks Black may pull out of his sleeve.

IC Showdown
Walter has arguably been the most dominant force in all of AEW since the start of season 2. By winning the Monsters Brawl match, Walter earned himself a shot at Kenny Omegas IC Championship. The two seem to have a mutual respect for each other, but all that goes out the window when the IC title is on the line.

Tag Team Supremacy
Sabre & Sabin will be putting their tag titles on the line against the hungry tag team of The American Wolves. This one has the potential to tear the house down - though Sabre & Sabin may have something up their sleeve if the match isn't going their way - just like they did a few weeks ago agains The Wolves.

Fight to the death
The rivalry between Austin Aries, Okada, and Pentagon Jr. has been nothing short of brutal. It started when former champion Okada lost his title to Pentagon. Okada returned a few weeks later, interrupting Pentagons title defense against Austin Aries that he was about to win, and forming a temporary alliance with Aries. That alliance soon went sour as both men badly want the shot at the World Championship. Pentagon has no fears however, and he put out the challenge to make the match at Heatwave a triple threat. Something has got to give as these three men will do anything to be AEW Champion!
Old 03-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #38
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

EXCLUSIVE: LEAKED PICTURES OF HEATWAVE SET AND NEW AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
by Paul Marshall

These pictures were leaked to a Bleacher Report correspondent showing the Heatwave set and the new AEW World Championship.

Heatwave will stream live from the beautiful San Diego California. It's an outdoor venue, so expect a unique feel to this broadcast.

As for the new World Championship, it is a design clearly inspired by the classic Big Gold World Championship. It's a much more complete and classy look when compared to the current World Championship. The AEW World Championship will be defended tonight as Pentagon defends against Austin Aries and Okada.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:50 PM   #39
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

AEW Presents:

Live from San Diego California on IPPV

The broadcast begins with an excited introduction from commentators Jim Ross and Mike Tenay as the camera pans around the arena. The energy is palpable as the AEW fans are ready to see some action.

Match #1

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Spoiler

---

Match #2

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Spoiler

---
Quote:
BACKSTAGE

Lethal is talking to PAC after the win

Lethal: You see that? That's what I knew we could do. There's nothing to be ashamed of in being part of a damn good tag team.

PAC: It was a hell of a match, but I won't say I needed you. Those two were in for an *** whipping whether it was us, or me alone.

Lethal: Really? We're still doing that mind set?

PAC: I'm no tag team wrestler Lethal.

PAC walks off.
---

Match #3

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Spoiler

---

Match #4

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Spoiler

---

Match #5

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Spoiler

---
Quote:
BACKSTAGE

The Bullet Club is popping champagne in celebration of yet another win.

Cody: That's what it's all about boys - that's exactly what I brought you in for.

The Young Bucks, who aren't really involved in the celebration, stand up.

Matt: Really Cody? You brought them in to take brass knuckles and punch people out mid match? What exactly are you so excited about right now?

Cody, Hall, and Finlay all drop the smiles from their faces.

Cody: What is wrong with you guys? Hall and Finlay are representing Bullet Club just like you guys represent Bullet Club. Difference is, they're winning every time they step in the ring.

Nick: They're hitting people with brass knuckles Cody. If you wanted us to start doing that we never would have needed these two guys.

Hall steps up and gets in The Bucks faces

Hall: What exactly are you two trying to say?

Nick: What we're saying is we're not that impressed.

Finlay: Oh you aren't that impressed? This coming from a team of guys that haven't won in a damn month and a half.

Cody: WOAH WOAH WOAH! Guys calm the hell down!

Cody turns to The Young Bucks

Cody: You two have been against Hall and Finlay since they got here. I don't know what the hell the issue is between you guys, but you're gonna get in the ring and hash it all out. Next Gen Unrivaled vs. The Young Bucks on Thurday - winners get to represent Bullet Club in the tag contenders tournament.

Both teams nod in acceptance.

Cody: Now get out of here all of you. You killed the mood.

Cody sits alone and angrily sips his glass of champagne as the segment fades to black.
---

Match #6

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Spoiler

---

Match #7

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Spoiler

Last edited by SmooveMove; 03-07-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:01 PM   #40
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Great show.

Everything built forward nicely

WWLeague Season 3